Welcome The Dotti Memorial BigFooty Saints Dog Lovers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Young fella has chewed the couch into oblivionā€¦

So for the time being we have an ā€œoutside couchā€ā€¦

IMG_1259.jpeg

I think heā€™s ok with it.

IMG_1262.jpeg

Rocking the 2002 Quiksilver board shorts too are we chief? GroOovy šŸ˜Ž
Industrie, my tax-dodging friendā€¦ Theyā€™re old; I was mildly cool long time ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Around the same time that SaintsSeptember suffered his loss with Lexi I went through a similar situation with George Saltmarsh.

He was around 15 years of age and we had received a pessimistic diagnosis back in March following a routine check-up. Too old to contemplate surgery, which had a low chance of a positive outcome anyway, we chose to give him the best possible life until he showed any signs of pain.

He was going along okay for months however started to decline at the start of September. That decline then became quite rapid. My wife had already booked a trip to Japan and was just over a week into that when I had to make the decision to rush GS down to the Emergency Vet just after midnight. He very suddenly became vague and struggled to stand. He had been eating very little for 3 weeks and had become very thin. There was nothing that could be done but he was my little mate and it was an immensely sad and lonely time.

Five weeks on and me and my wife are still struggling to come to grips with the loss.

We know in our hearts that we were able to shower him with love for those last 3 years of his life and we are so grateful that he did come into our lives.

Deepest sympathies to SaintsSeptember and all those who have lost a very special fur friend.

FBi68xS.png

RIP George Saltmarsh
At the start of November my wife and I visited the local pound to donate some items that had belonged to the recently departed George Saltmarsh. We were still grieving and told the people at the pound that we were not looking to adopt another cat at that stage as it was ā€œtoo soonā€.

We went into the cat enclosure to view the inmates as we had enquired about volunteer work whereby people sit with the cats to comfort them and get them used to strangers.

We noticed one cage had two tabby cats plus another 10 year old black cat named Salem, however we couldn't see the latter from outside the pen. He was hiding in the shadows up the back, however as my wife approached he came out of his bed and pushed his head into her arm.

And of course he's now been with us for for nearly 4 months šŸ˜»šŸˆā€ā¬›

mUH1JEK.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back