Welcome The Dotti Memorial BigFooty Saints Dog Lovers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So… the staffy didn’t work out… but then a different shelter called… and now this doofus is my new best mate.

IMG_9975.jpeg

Last edited:

By "shelter" do you mean expensive breeder?
I do not.

Got surrendered because he has a heart issue (which they think will be fine).

I do not.

Got surrendered because he has a heart issue (which they think will be fine).

Nice. I thought shelter dogs were all geriatric, crazy or incontinent.

Nice. I thought shelter dogs were all geriatric, crazy or incontinent.
Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

Mr Biggles at his handsome best.
I've been so lucky all my dogs, they've all been excellent.
Hi guys. With great regret I'm having to re-home Mr Biggles as he's not adapting to the baby well enough.
If anyone would like a couch potato with kids old enough not to torment him he's a beautiful animal.
Please PM me if you're interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN THE INTERESTS OF INCLUSIVENESS AND DIVERSITY

I have always loved dogs and indeed all animals.

First dog was a greyhound back in the late 60s who wasn’t fast enough to race (way before Greyhound adoption programs)

Next two were also retired greyhounds that I raced in the 90s.

Since then circumstances have changed and having a dog hasn’t really been an option. However we got a cat in 2000 and another in 2001. Old age saw them leave us in 2019 and 2020. In late 2020 we decided to give an older (12 year old) rescue cat a forever home and it’s the best thing we’ve ever done. George has just been wonderful for us and we hope he’s around for many years to come (3 x pet member this year )

CEpPU1X.jpg
Around the same time that SaintsSeptember suffered his loss with Lexi I went through a similar situation with George Saltmarsh.

He was around 15 years of age and we had received a pessimistic diagnosis back in March following a routine check-up. Too old to contemplate surgery, which had a low chance of a positive outcome anyway, we chose to give him the best possible life until he showed any signs of pain.

He was going along okay for months however started to decline at the start of September. That decline then became quite rapid. My wife had already booked a trip to Japan and was just over a week into that when I had to make the decision to rush GS down to the Emergency Vet just after midnight. He very suddenly became vague and struggled to stand. He had been eating very little for 3 weeks and had become very thin. There was nothing that could be done but he was my little mate and it was an immensely sad and lonely time.

Five weeks on and me and my wife are still struggling to come to grips with the loss.

We know in our hearts that we were able to shower him with love for those last 3 years of his life and we are so grateful that he did come into our lives.

Deepest sympathies to SaintsSeptember and all those who have lost a very special fur friend.

FBi68xS.png

RIP George Saltmarsh 💔

Around the same time that SaintsSeptember suffered his loss with Lexi I went through a similar situation with George Saltmarsh.

He was around 15 years of age and we had received a pessimistic diagnosis back in March following a routine check-up. Too old to contemplate surgery, which had a low chance of a positive outcome anyway, we chose to give him the best possible life until he showed any signs of pain.

He was going along okay for months however started to decline at the start of September. That decline then became quite rapid. My wife had already booked a trip to Japan and was just over a week into that when I had to make the decision to rush GS down to the Emergency Vet just after midnight. He very suddenly became vague and struggled to stand. He had been eating very little for 3 weeks and had become very thin. There was nothing that could be done but he was my little mate and it was an immensely sad and lonely time.

Five weeks on and me and my wife are still struggling to come to grips with the loss.

We know in our hearts that we were able to shower him with love for those last 3 years of his life and we are so grateful that he did come into our lives.

Deepest sympathies to SaintsSeptember and all those who have lost a very special fur friend.

FBi68xS.png

RIP George Saltmarsh 💔
RIP handsome king

FBi68xS.png

RIP George Saltmarsh 💔
Condolonces Doc. Sounds like he was a very special part of the family.

FBi68xS.png

RIP George Saltmarsh 💔

Said right at the beginning of this thread that a responsible pet owner needs to know when it is time to let them go. GS was not afraid of death, and you helping him out of distress shows you to be a respectful and caring owner and animal lover.
We all miss our furry mates when the time comes. Cheers fella.

FBi68xS.png

RIP George Saltmarsh 💔
Very sorry Doc. We lost the OG lad to cancer nearly two weeks ago… and despite the new pup, it still sucks.

Went out calm and cuddled, and so skinny and tired we didn’t even need to put him in a crate for his last ride.

IMG_9860.jpeg

He was ready to go.

Very sorry Doc. We lost the OG lad to cancer nearly two weeks ago… and despite the new pup, it still sucks.

Went out calm and cuddled, and so skinny and tired we didn’t even need to put him in a crate for his last ride.

View attachment 1840960

He was ready to go.
Thanks for the kind words mate and so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful boy.

I held George and kissed his head and told him we loved him as the vet helped him on his way.

It was the right thing, and the only thing.

But it still sucked 🙁

Last edited:
Great stories in here 👏

Thinking of getting a new pup myself. Lost our family Rottie in 2009 so it's been a while but looking to get another now. Prefer something smaller though. Was thinking a miniature Pinscher but have to do some more research. Low maintenance (in terms of grooming) would be a bonus

Great stories in here 👏

Thinking of getting a new pup myself. Lost our family Rottie in 2009 so it's been a while but looking to get another now. Prefer something smaller though. Was thinking a miniature Pinscher but have to do some more research. Low maintenance (in terms of grooming) would be a bonus
Would love a Doberman Pinscher, but you’re not allowed to crop their ears and dock their tails in Aus.

Mini Pinschers look hectos 😂

Would love a Doberman Pinscher, but you’re not allowed to crop their ears and dock their tails in Aus.

Mini Pinschers look hectos 😂
Yeah the Dobermans look unreal. Just need to ease myself into it 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back