Welcome The Dotti Memorial BigFooty Saints Dog Lovers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lexi came in when i got home yesterday, and i dried her off, but she didn't want her dinner.
She was walking round kind of lethargic.

Later in the night she was lying on my ensuite floor which is not a normal spot for her.
I patted her , got her water, and looked up what time the vet opened in the morning.

She never made it to morning.

Goodbye my beautiful silly girl.

View attachment 1821499

Guess i'll never know why she died.
i'm sorry for your loss, losing an beloved animal is very hard. hope you are taking care of your self.

“Nearly doggo” is back at the farm, but greets me like this every time I turn up. 😍

IMG_9134.jpeg

Meanwhile, replacement kitten is doing juuuuuust fine.

IMG_9735.jpeg

Lexi came in when i got home yesterday, and i dried her off, but she didn't want her dinner.

Later in the night she was lying on my ensuite floor which is not a normal spot for her.
I patted her , got her water, and looked up what time the vet opened in the morning.

View attachment 1821499

Feel your pain. Its been 12 months since we lost Marlo

2012-12-19 10.36.57.jpg

And you think thats it - no more pets - its too hard when you lose them.

But life moves on and you start all over again

20231005_083534.jpg

Taking on this sweet lass as a foster (with an option to keep).

Despite being an absolute tank, she was being beaten up by the Cavalier King Charles spaniel she lived with, so the bloody owners just abandoned her!

IMG_9852.jpeg

I’m off to buy a Saints jumper for her.

Last edited:
Taking on this sweet lass as a foster (with an option to keep).

Despite being an absolute tank, she was being beaten up by the Cavalier King Charles spaniel she loved with, so the bloody owners just abandoned her!

View attachment 1831643

I’m off to buy a Saints jumper for her.
Really respect people who foster unfortunate animals. I just don’t get how you can give them up once you’ve created a trust and relationship with them. All strength to you. I would end up with 50 dogs.🐶❤️

Really respect people who foster unfortunate animals. I just don’t get how you can give them up once you’ve created a trust and relationship with them. All strength to you. I would end up with 50 dogs.🐶❤️
When I say “option to keep”, what I really mean is “I’m keeping unless she eats one of the cats, and even then, it has to be the WRONG cat”.

When I say “option to keep”, what I really mean is “I’m keeping unless she eats one of the cats, and even then, it has to be the WRONG cat”.

Yeah, I got a rescue dog and said the same thing. Broke my new iPhone when it bowled me over trying to make myself look like a great guy on Facebook for taking the campaigner on and ate the leg of my $2500 danish chair in the first week and still didn't send her back. Since ate the seatbelt in the back of my car and bit through multiple tyres and still going years later. I like nutter dogs better than boring ones.

Don’t laugh emoji me George, I need this man.

My dog of 12 years died today.

I require alcohol, and in truly disgusting quantities.

Mate my thoughts are with you - they are part of you. Still miss my Scout dog who i lost a long time ago.

Take time for you, showing strength posting.

View attachment 1598364
This is Reg, taken too soon, queen of socks, roos and tongues in ears in the morning. Always loved a roll in dead stuff, mad dashes on the beach and visiting neighbours ...still bloody tear up...
Love seeing this on the thread, condolences to all who have lost; we are better for having found them in the first place.
And now we have this bundle of joy: Sansho. No sock, shoe or ball is safe.

Attachments

• IMG_8464.jpeg
    IMG_8464.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 46

View attachment 1821499

So sorry to hear that SS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cousins had a German Shepherd called Sheba when I was a kid. Hey, you aren't so messed up after all!
I had a German called Prince as a kid.

Absolutely top tier dogs, them.

Sheebs is an American Staffy… we think. She looks like a murder machine, but is already dolling out face licks.

Last edited:
She looks like a queen, bossing you already?
Not at all. Very sweet and polite so far.

Big test will be when she and the cats get to actually meet each other, not just see each other through a window.

Worst case, we just foster her, which is the basis on which we have her for now.

Hope it works out, she looks a ripper.
Me too. The boss is a bit nervous, but she’s a worrier, and we only said goodbye to her OG cat on Monday, so it’s been a lot for her.

Aaaaaand it’s over. She just went for one of the cats.

She’s a beautiful girl. Wonderful nature otherwise. Just has to be a one pet house.

I’m heartbroken.

Last edited:
The little “doodle” dogs are the smartest most loving little dogs out there.
Just spent a couple of months with my daughter who has two of them. Pretty sure I’ve bonded with the pup one.
Great if you love little house dogs. Very playful too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back