The downfall of Fox Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

hmmm very interesting. The usual excuse when calling from the studio is "got access to all the stats, angles. all in front of me" (D. King). Yet when it comes to the biggest game(s), funny enough you find them at the ground.

They'd turn up for any game being played in Melbourne, no matter how insignificant or poor a contest.

What???!!!!!!

Do my eyes deceive me???

Is it a massive green screen??

NO!

Foxfooty is actually broadcasting from the SCG.

Broadcasting from somewhere apart from Melbourne.

Surely a one-off.
It's the opening game of Opening Round™, I think that counts as a big interstate game.
The question now is whether they show up to the other three games this week.

Howie hosting in the studio, has that happened before?
Also not at the ground for the fourth game, so Fox scored 75% this week.
Sucks Beavis And Butthead GIF by Paramount+

Good to see BT starting a good avalanche of opinion against him after Rd 1 - he's like a modern day Kevin Walsh (apologies to those who don't know the circa 80's period of VFL footy) - he continues to underperform but continues to be selected each week. (mind you Walsh did eventually come good for a year or so, not sure I've seen BT have a good season yet).

Good to see BT starting a good avalanche of opinion against him after Rd 1 - he's like a modern day Kevin Walsh (apologies to those who don't know the circa 80's period of VFL footy) - he continues to underperform but continues to be selected each week. (mind you Walsh did eventually come good for a year or so, not sure I've seen BT have a good season yet).
BT is not a Fox commentator ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Foxfooty broadcast from the ground, even though it was interstate for the game they produced for Opening Round.

As they should. Unique occasion = put in the effort.

Now we're back to the 'regular' part of the season.

Will Fox go back to calling off TV screens in Melbourne or actually attend interstate games?

GWS v Nth Melb is the first game this round that's interstate and Fox-produced.

Let's see........

We go downstairs to Brad Johnson...

I am out on Wells St here in Sth Melbourne, traffic is light and my favorite cafe is still serving coffee's.

First game with the new 'standard' Perth lineup of Papalia, Pavlich, Schofield & Loughnan. Note no Special Comments from a melbourne-based ex-player.
Shame they can't organize a similar local line-up for SA games if nothing else.
Or NSW… or QLD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back