The downfall of Fox Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

First game with the new 'standard' Perth lineup of Papalia, Pavlich, Schofield & Loughnan. Note no Special Comments from a melbourne-based ex-player.
Shame they can't organize a similar local line-up for SA games if nothing else.

They made a s**t game bearable. They were all good. No whinging and bitching, just calling play how it was.

Bounce is back.
Game Over What GIF by Bounce

I really enjoyed Matt Hill. I did laugh when he talked about a kick "making the trip" as a horse racing reference but he has the voice and sense of occasion.

Same. A breath of fresh air. Calls it as it is without needing to yell or go overboard like Dwayne or BT

Serious GARBAGE on OTC tonight - seems Freo,
Dangerwank, the Bombers and a drug user from Melbourne rate higher than the Swans beating the Premiers.

Or the need to drop in useless factoids and player trivia like Gil's little brother.
Good ol' Derrrrrwayne does this as well.

Bloggs been good today for Port, His Grandfather used to ride a bike 5 miles to school with square wheels on a washboard road!!
Balls thrown in....

Who the f*** cares?

First game with the new 'standard' Perth lineup of Papalia, Pavlich, Schofield & Loughnan. Note no Special Comments from a melbourne-based ex-player.
Shame they can't organize a similar local line-up for SA games if nothing else.
Noticed part way into 2Q that I hadn't had a reaction to a stupid bit of commentary yet. WTF, this is actually good. Then noticed Pavlich? mentioning structure changes by coaches, :thumbsu:
Excellent work by them.

Robinson absolutely embarrassing on 360 tonight

Was it the incoherent rambling, the shouting for no apparent reason, the endless stream of non sequiturs, the saying the first thought that comes into his head, questions that befuddle guests, or did he already have Essendon as flag favourites?

Or, all of the above?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it the incoherent rambling, the shouting for no apparent reason, the endless stream of non sequiturs, the saying the first thought that comes into his head, questions that befuddle guests, or did he already have Essendon as flag favourites?

Or, all of the above?
The glasses sitting across his forehead while he addresses all these points.

Yeah, shame in the interim between the closing of Fox Footy Channel and the revival as Fox Footy, he somehow managed to wind up at Ch 7. Does not fit over there, which is both good & bad.

He also covers the WNBL on 9Now/ESPN, and did some of the women's basketball world cup games when that was in Sydney a couple of years ago.

Brilliant caller.

Seriously * Robbo Off
Is an embarrassment to the games coverage

Has the writing ability of a 4 year old
Nothing but a Sheedy mouthpiece

You just know that he's just one win away from writing Essendon's finals winning drought is over.

The keyboard, Bombers scarf and beanie at the ready...

Some show called midweek tackle were they rate the likelihood of current draftees (who’ve played 2 or less senior games) being poached by Tassie (who tentatively enter the league in 2028).

Some show called midweek tackle were they rate the likelihood of current draftees (who’ve played 2 or less senior games) being poached by Tassie (who tentatively enter the league in 2028).

That's the one with the Hun journos isn't it?

I swear most of them couldn't give a toss about the actual games but anything to do with free agency and trading this year or in five years and they get all giddy with excitement.

Last edited:
That's the one with the Hun journos isn't it?

I swear most of them couldn't give a toss about the actual games but anything to do with free agency and trading this year or in five years and they're get all giddy with excitement.
Yes I assume so. Notably ‘Jay ‘z’ questioned if some draftee from Perth was ‘happy’ being at Adelaide.

Serious GARBAGE on OTC tonight - seems Freo,
Dangerwank, the Bombers and a drug user from Melbourne rate higher than the Swans beating the Premiers.
Your fantastically efficient and well run club have never been easy to warm to or a headline grabber; always had a slightly robotic feel to them.

Sam Landsberger on the mid week crack? With jon Ralph and Jay Clark. Might be a good journo idk but he's not for tv. He is shocking. I became enamored with his facial expressions, mouth open constantly. The other two are taking it seriously and he's acting like he's in the office having a chinwag. Should pick a lane, learn some composure and not make dumb comments for the sake of it.

Robinson absolutely embarrassing on 360 tonight

When is he not embarrassing?

It may be my imagination, but he seems to have gotten even worse since last year.
The shouting, waving of arms, head in hands responses as he becomes emotional are as unprofessional as his total lack of preparedness, inconsistencies or lack of understanding of significant footy issues.

Last night as they showed vision of Essendon players going at Sicily after his kick on McGrath, Robinson shouted "look at the players reaction, they are the best judges". Three minutes later, Gerad said "we'll get the players reactions shortly (meaning Boak and Howe, the 'players night' guests), they are the best judges of these things". Robinson waved his arms yelled "no they're not mate, they are not".

To me he really is like the resident drunk at every pub who is passionate about his footy, but in reality knows very little about it and makes absolutely no sense.

The show is always far better for his absence from it no matter who takes his place, and the sooner his first round of gout for the season kicks in the better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back