Remove this Banner Ad

we knew that insert team here would come out hard
they're a great team
we knew if we played to our strengths
stuck to the game plan
the system
played my role
thanks mate appreciate it

why do footy players suck at interviews?
1 umm
2 ahh
3 yeah 100 %
4 yeah nar
5 I mean
6 you know
7 it is what it is
8 thanks for having me :rolleyes:

A couple of my favourite ones over the years have been Lance Franklin’s “Happy to get the four points” after a final and Kyle Reimers repeating (many times) “stick to the structures” after bagging eight goals.

The AFL and the clubs have turned most players into PC robots. Listening to player interviews from other sports can be very refreshing in comparison.

honesty. its good.

we knew that insert team here would come out hard
they're a great team
we knew if we played to our strengths
stuck to the game plan
the system
played my role
thanks mate appreciate it

why do footy players suck at interviews?
Because any player that shows even an ounce of personality gets it beaten out of them by our shitful media. Not worth the hassle

Because any player that shows even an ounce of personality gets it beaten out of them by our shitful media. Not worth the hassle
then the media complain there players give them donuts. and around and around in circles we go

Lets face it, most if these lads are NOT brain surgeons...forming opinions is sometimes hard...l

AND - the footy ‘media’, consists of ex-footballers conducting i/views...their training consists of ‘give him the answer, in the question’...aka a Dorothy Dixer’

So you get...

”I thought the skipper played well”....well derrr...whats he going to say...his skipper was terd on the beach?

Channel 7 pregame miles a head of Fox footy. Coach interview at ground, fireworks with players running out. Atmosphere and feeling of being there. Turn over to fox it's a bunch of guys and a lady in a garage somewhere with giant graphics of players and coaches with random stats on a screen.

Another pet peeve... The Fox footy camera director who always tries to be cute and switch to a rarely used camera for set shots despite the awful view that results.

Take this one for example... The standard second-level wing camera is perfect for this Anderson after the siren shot. Almost directly behind Anderson so you would be able to follow the trajectory of the kick as soon as it leaves his boot.

1657365265395.png

Instead what do we get? This ground-level camera, 150 metres away, not even directly behind Anderson so the ball moves across the screen from right to left in this instance and the viewer has no depth perception either because of how low the camera is.

1657365641482.png

To top it all off, the camera director then zooms in on the ball so the viewer has no idea where the goal umpire is which is another means to gauge ball flight accuracy. They really need to just stick with the regular wing camera if they can't find a better angle, because this clearly wasn't an improvement.

1657366527351.png

Another pet peeve... The Fox footy camera director who always tries to be cute and switch to a rarely used camera for set shots despite the awful view that results.

Take this one for example... The standard second-level wing camera is perfect for this Anderson after the siren shot. Almost directly behind Anderson so you would be able to follow the trajectory of the kick as soon as it leaves his boot.

View attachment 1442889

Instead what do we get? This ground-level camera, 150 metres away, not even directly behind Anderson so the ball moves across the screen from right to left in this instance and the viewer has no depth perception either because of how low the camera is.

View attachment 1442901

To top it all off, the camera director then zooms in on the ball so the viewer has no idea where the goal umpire is which is another means to gauge ball flight accuracy. They really need to just stick with the regular wing camera if they can't find a better angle, because this clearly wasn't an improvement.

View attachment 1442925
You've absolutely nailed it. Agree with everything you said.

I really wish they wouldn't zoom in on the ball. Being able to see the goal umpire and the players in the goal square provides so much information for accuracy and distance. Their actions and reactions let you know what's going on, and in any case, should not be cut from the picture.

View attachment 1442889

View attachment 1442901

View attachment 1442925

How about before that we didn't even get to see the Anderson mark because the Fox director cuts to bloody Hardwick in the coaches box! Just horrible.

Whoever was the director tonight should be sacked ASAP!

@the 3:26 mark!

How about before that we didn't even get to see the Anderson mark because the Fox director cuts to bloody Hardwick in the coaches box! Just horrible.

That was poor. Anyone with half a brain could see that Day was looking to pass and what a crucial moment to cut away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a disgrace. One of the more exciting finishes of the season and I couldn't even see wtf was happening.

Had me yelling at the tv for a game Geelong wasn't even in.

Their job is to show the football. How on earth we've gotten further away from that is beyond me. How did we not get the proper behind the goal feed? How could we possibly miss the mark taken to kick the goal after the siren?
Beggars belief

Watching Best On Ground for the first time. I'm stunned. What is this garbage?! This is literally made for peons. I'm disgusted.

Right from the opening credits with the 'House Band' fronted by Russell Robertson just singing the name of the show over and over to Riewoldt attempting to be funny to Brown trying desperately to tone down the ocker, Buckley just ruining his reputation.

View attachment 1442889

View attachment 1442901

View attachment 1442925
LOL that third shot.
Zoom is a massive issue for every game, starting from the centre bounce.

Show the teams for Lions Bombers with changes for the week. No mention of Redman being a late out until second before ball bounce even though was announced Friday. You would think the only Fox member at the ground Lynch would know something when he discussed the teams. Amateurs

Calling interstate games form a studio in Melbourne is totally unacceptable for mine.
It shows in the call as well.
What I don't understand is why Fox Footy doesn't have a stable of commentators based in each of Sydney, Qld, Perth and Adelaide? You know there is usually going to be a game a round in each location. Say a caller, boundary rider and expert comments.

Really distracting too.
Rather than tell us stuff that we can't see they just describe what's on the screen and they can't even tell who the player is half the time and just say the teams name 'gets the ball'.
They must be really struggling if they can't afford flights. AFL must intervene somehow I'm losing my enjoyment for the game because of Fox.

Found it hilarious that David King was cheering for North for 3 quarters on Saturday and then went back into attack dog mode on the club when the Pies took the lead. He was on 360 tonight regurgitating statistics like always.

What I don't understand is why Fox Footy doesn't have a stable of commentators based in each of Sydney, Qld, Perth and Adelaide? You know there is usually going to be a game a round in each location. Say a caller, boundary rider and expert comments.

when there was COVID they used that an excuse but they are now taking the piss not having people at the game.

I mean how much does it cost to fly 3 people to the ground anyway, hotels + flights is maybe 5k per person. If your booking them a suite or something. its so cheap and signficantly degrades the quality. .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back