Universal Love The Drugs Are Bad Mackay? approved Australian cricketers are cheats Discussion Thread

Who will win the Ashes?

• England

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Australia

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • The 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Cricket will be the real winner

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably busy holding the Ashes.

But fair play

So has EVERY Ground in Australia ....after MELB got the Final, it was stated all grounds would benefit

4f4b7b8cce3a920b9263179cb28d7c822cdfaa49e6bcaa2fe215a34a2fc727c8.jpg

Some Indian bookmakers no doubt made a fortune.

Kick UAE out of all official ICC games.

Absolutely disgraceful.
All out for 46. That is some seriously bad acting on the team's part. None of them even looked angry when they got out. It's like they were thinking of the (illegal) paychecks before the wicket even happened! lol

All out for 46. That is some seriously bad acting on the team's part. None of them even looked angry when they got out. It's like they were thinking of the (illegal) paychecks before the wicket even happened! lol
The one that really got me was the run out where they stood in the middle of the pitch waiting, the keeper fumbled it , so the runner stops again :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know that this is BBL not International T20, but ...

Is Jake Lehmann one of the worst T20 players, or what? In 9 games he's scored 50 runs @ an average of 8.33.
Tonight he dropped two catches which nearly cost the Strikers the game, and "dropped" is being generous since he ran forward under the second catch by 2 metres and didn't get a hand to it. Never seen that before, well, not since Primary School cricket.
Great win by the Strikers --- ton+ partnership by Head and Weatherald was key and Ben Laughlin held his nerve in that last over.

Last edited:
I know that this is BBL not International T20, but ...

Is Jake Lehmann one of the worst T20 players, or what? In 9 games he's scored 50 runs @ an average of 8.33.
Tonight he dropped two catches which nearly cost the Strikers the game, and "dropped" is being generous since he ran forward under the second catch by 2 metres and didn't get a hand to it. Never seen that before, well, not since Primary School cricket.
Great win by the Strikers --- ton+ partnership by Head and Weatherald was key and Ben Laughlin held his nerve in that last over.

Pretty tough batting down where he does. He usually comes in in the last few overs and has to try to hit boundaries from ball 1.

1) Pretty tough batting down where he does. 2) He usually comes in in the last few overs and has to try to hit boundaries from ball 1.
1) No tougher than opening, or first/second drop etc where the pressure is on for them from Ball One, too.
2) Yes, he does. Last night before I posted I thought that someone would come in and point that out. Every batsman is under pressure to hit boundaries from the start.
In BBL07 he's batted 9 times for 50 runs (avge 8.33) with 3 not outs. The Strikers management must see some value in him. Comparison data is hard to find, since I am not familiar with the other teams and their batting positions.
I've watched him carefully, since he's Boof's son. In this season's BBL he doesn't look like making runs when he has had the chance. My biggest criticism was of his appalling fielding last night. I know that players never intend to drop catches (unless you're playing for UAE or Dubai, etc ;)) but the first was a gimme and in the second it looked like he was napping, then overreacted, then didn't get a hand on what should have been another easy out.

I wouldn't be surprised (or disappointed) if he is dropped for the Final, even with Rashid out as well.

1) No tougher than opening, or first/second drop etc where the pressure is on for them from Ball One, too.
2) Yes, he does. Last night before I posted I thought that someone would come in and point that out. Every batsman is under pressure to hit boundaries from the start.
In BBL07 he's batted 9 times for 50 runs (avge 8.33) with 3 not outs. The Strikers management must see some value in him. Comparison data is hard to find, since I am not familiar with the other teams and their batting positions.
I've watched him carefully, since he's Boof's son. In this season's BBL he doesn't look like making runs when he has had the chance. My biggest criticism was of his appalling fielding last night. I know that players never intend to drop catches (unless you're playing for UAE or Dubai, etc ;)) but the first was a gimme and in the second it looked like he was napping, then overreacted, then didn't get a hand on what should have been another easy out.

I wouldn't be surprised (or disappointed) if he is dropped for the Final, even with Rashid out as well.
I haven't been following the BBL but will stay tuned for it this weekend.
You're both right in terms of every batsman is under pressure to hit boundaries. However, in the last overs it's more of the pressure to hit and make contact. As an opener in a T20, you would want to score runs as quickly as possible. But if you miss the first couple balls as an opener, fans won't be groaning as much as a middle order batsman coming in at the 19th over and miss 2 consecutive balls. Pressure gauge is different at front end versus back end of the innings.

But if you miss the first couple balls as an opener, fans won't be groaning as much
Forget about the groaning of the fans if it's based on perceived pressure near the Innings' end. Fans don't hit 4s/6s.
What counts is what the batsmen think, then do.
A dot ball in Over One is just as important as in Over 20 --- they are both NOT-runs and in T20 every ball counts.

Jake's one of those fellows with an unfortunate semi-permanent smirk (like former Treasurers Costello and Hockey) which makes him look like he thinks he's better than he actually is. Maybe he does, maybe not. Point is, he's gotta make some runs and hold those catches.

He`s the archetypal T20 bowler. Being able to bowl ten varieties not that helpful when batsmen not looking to hit every ball.

It might be he just lacks the flexibility to play T20. Bit bizarre as his dad was almost a prototype for a T20 batsmen - minus running between wickets.
I guess you have to pay the bills and all that but there's not much point getting him to play anything other than shield cricket.

Back