NRL The Final Round

Remove this Banner Ad

What a team. Geez, what I'd give to have Bellamy at the Warriors.
He was almost the Tigers coach.
We went after him before we got sheens

How'd a Warriors game, in New Zealand, end up on Nine?

Shocked-CM-Punk.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NRL need teams like Melbourne, Canberra and Gold Coast to be successful for competition legitimacy

This is ridiculous. We saw an article less than a month ago about how the NRL didn't and don't want Canberra in the NRL. The suggestion that the Raiders ever get favorable refereeing, and that it happens cos of an NRL conspiracy is stupid.

The suggestion that they'd conspire for Canberra (from a city with less than 400k people) to do well while only 3 Sydney teams makes the finals is down right ******* idiotic.

If there really was a conspiracy, none of the Raiders, Cowboys or Sharks would make the top 8 because they have 3 of the smaller fan bases. And yet here they all are in the top 4...

(They also wouldn't have waited til 3 years after the Titans nearly died - twice - before doing anything to help them.)

But they still baled them out.
Still baked out the Knights.
Storm run at a massive loss but still help them out.

:rolleyes:

You can't blame conspiracy theories for the flogging the Tigers got today (and what's with pointing to 1 example when they lost by 32 points?!)

Believe me, if there was any sort of conspiracy theory today there's no way the Raiders win today - Tigers win & and extra Sydney team (and a well supported one) make finals, and Sydney hosts an extra final next week on the back of Cronulla's 2nd spot.

Let's see what happens with Ennis and Wighton and their shoulder charges.
Watch them both get off.
P-ennis gets off, Wighton three weeks. Absolute lottery.

:rolleyes:

You can't blame conspiracy theories for the flogging the Tigers got today (and what's with pointing to 1 example when they lost by 32 points?!)

Believe me, if there was any sort of conspiracy theory today there's no way the Raiders win today - Tigers win & and extra Sydney team (and a well supported one) make finals, and Sydney hosts an extra final next week on the back of Cronulla's 2nd spot.
I'm not saying that we should've won, we were gone after the opening kick sailed over the dead ball line.
Greenberg has publicly stated that the storm penalty was excessive. Watch him give back 2007 and 2009 within 5-10 years.
I understand the Jayne loophole that was created and allowed GC to get him. Don't think it's morally right.
Broncos are always thought to be over the cap.
You honestly think that the Tigers are popular in NSW? You're deluded. Second worst membership rates for metro NSW teams. lol

You honestly think that the Tigers are popular in NSW? You're deluded. Second worst membership rates for metro NSW teams. lol

Given you're a fan, I suspect we both know that their membership rate is nothing to do with their "coverage" or their supportership, and it's everything to do with the running of the club (and the treatment of someone like Robbie Farah - regardless of whether Taylor has been justified, they've absolutely lost the PR war on the Farah issue.)

Secondly - we're likely just looking at different sources or at info from different times, the Tigers don't have the 2nd worst membership number in metro Sydney, but the site I looked at had them ahead of Manly, Sydney & Cronulla.

Thirdly - their average crowds this season are higher than Cronulla, Sydney and Penrith.

Yes, they are one of the most supported clubs in NSW.

----------

On another issue stemming from the same discussion...

Given today's news are you prepared to relent on the suggestion that the NRL are pushing the Raiders so the comp is more credible?

The 3 weeks given to Jack Wighton today is a joke. In the context of the Ennis decision, it's ******* ridiculous.

And because Raiders fans understand how our club has been viewed by the NRL over a long period of time (and not just during the course of 1 match or 1 season), it didn't come as a surprise to anyone. I think we all expected it would be a suspension, and I think we all knew there would be no consistency whatsoever with the Ennis decision.

I guess if there's a positive, it's that the MRC's discussion of the 3 criteria that relate to a shoulder charge makes them look stupider, and it increases the likelihood of Wighton getting off. Only a management as incompetent as the NRL's could agree to these criteria being released when just a cursory review shows that Wighton's arm was away from his body - with Ennis' arm position away from his body leading to their finding that, under those 3 criteria, it wasn't a shoulder charge.

No wonder we're losing people from the game. It's got nothing to do with the s**t that gets gargled on other parts of this forum, but dumb decisions like this which completely piss off people with a genuine interest in the game.

I simply can not believe Ennis hasn't been charged. It's an absolute disgrace and a blight on the "people" who run the game.

I only saw both incidents in passing but did Ennis actually make contact? From the only bit of footage I saw, it looks like it missed.

Not sure that Wighton can be that unhappy, he did the wrong thing at the end of the day. 3 games maybe a bit harsh but what have previous shoulder charges gone for?

The season from hell is finely over for Parramatta. Thank God.
One bright spot was Beven French who has scored 19 tries in his first 13 games. I expect a large payrise for this kid sometime during the offseason, if it hasn't already happened. He is currently on $20,000 and match payments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back