Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do you get the Melbourne club info? From what Caro has been reporting, the Vic Govt has been putting money into the game in the last few years and they have said that they won’t continue to do so unless there’s a Victorian club playing.

Wait are you suggesting the Victorian government has been pumping money in to a game in Shanghai featuring a team from South Australia and another from Queensland played on an oval called "Adelaide Arena" (or some crap like that)??
Why the hell would they? Makes zero sense.

Wait are you suggesting the Victorian government has been pumping money in to a game in Shanghai featuring a team from South Australia and another from Queensland played on an oval called "Adelaide Arena" (or some crap like that)??
That’s exactly what she was saying. They did it as part of their tourism and promoting Vic business but have been getting little return.

That’s exactly what she was saying. They did it as part of their tourism and promoting Vic business but have been getting little return.
If they did they are idiots. All the branding was SA government based. Got to ask what Port actually contributed.

The only involved party getting any significant return from this entire cluster**** is Mr Gui.

I kidman you not.

Cause VFL!

I can just picture it. Interview with Hass:

Rowe: Now Matty, Crows supporters are wondering if it's the new training techniques that's causing all these injuries. Please tell us it's not these new training techniques that's causing us all these injuries!!!!
Hass: No, Rowey, it's not these new training techniques that are causing all these injuries.
Rowe: Good onya, Matty. That's what we want to hear.

Last edited:
I can just picture it. Interview with Haas:

Rowe: Now David, Crows supporters are wondering if it's the new training techniques that's causing all these injuries. Please tell us it's not these new training techniques that's causing us all these injuries!!!!
Haas: No, Rowey, it's not these new training techniques that are causing all these injuries.
Rowe: Good onya, David. That's what we want to hear.
Unbelievably accurate.

Followed up by Rowie saying;
"There you have it folks, straight from he horses mouth. And if anyone would know its him. So that is the end of it. It is not the new training techniques."

rucci's latest puff piece about China

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...i/news-story/cbe9348cc62f2419b5d789d116085fea

"PORT Adelaide will be back in China next year to defend its title as the AFL Champions of Shanghai but there is a Victorian Government push to deliver a new opponent to replace Gold Coast.

The Power again impressed the demanding AFL with a perfect set-up at Jiangwan Stadium and no concerns from the game won by Port Adelaide for the second time.

The crowd of 10,689 — compared with 10,118 last year — and the empty seats will again dominate the post-game reviews of the match that had been labelled a “sell out” with 11,500 tickets."
L
O

他妈的

L

OK so a few truths out of this;
  • 10,689 might be the number of tickets they gave out. There is 0% chance that was how many showed up. You can't say otherwise when the evidence was all over the empty seats everywhere. Less than 5k would have been there and many of those would have been players, club officials, AFL officials and the partners. Claims of 10k attendance is nothing but an embarrassing attempt at spin. Lets see if they actually reveal how many tickets were sold?
  • There is no push by Victorian government. There is a push by Port to try and attract a Melbourne team that has supporters in the hope their supporters will attend for novelty sake. Desperate attempt to save an embarrassing failure.
  • AFL Champions of Shanghai. Sits perfectly next to their other titles - Trade Week Champions, January Champions and Yatala Champions.
Desperation for an opponent next year will drive up the cost of buying any other clubs “home” game !!!!!

Desperation for an opponent next year will drive up the cost of buying any other clubs “home” game !!!!!

I would be pissed off if we played a game in China. Its a waste of energy and effort for futile cause.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be pissed off if we played a game in China. Its a waste of energy and effort for futile cause.
Agree

Watching the flogs defending it is quite amusing though

Lade on the radio said “nah crowd didn’t look good “

What “crowd “?
That group of spectators ain’t no crowd

Saints should ask for $2m and blow that whole budget out the water !!
Would be pretty funny

Lever: No hard feelings, would have been nice to play on Tex since he's a great player
Jacobs: Players leave, it's part of football now, we get Gibbs the same way

Kane: WHY ISNT THIS THE FRIDAY NIGHT GAME? TEX WANTED TO KILL LEVER!!!!!

Nothing will ever beat that game when we played North.

Carey v Archer/Stevens on Friday night was unbelievable.

The night before my daughter was born. My wife and I (well mostly me) watched in the labour room before I had a nap... can still remember Carey jump when Archer raised his fist at him. (and I still don't understand why Archer appeared more pissed at Wayne then Stevens).

The night before my daughter was born. My wife and I (well mostly me) watched in the labour room before I had a nap... can still remember Carey jump when Archer raised his fist at him. (and I still don't understand why Archer appeared more pissed at Wayne then Stevens).

Archer was very close and good friends with both of them. However he naturally took Stevens side after what Carey did.

My understanding is that Archer and Stevens have never really spoke to Carey since all of this.

Archer was very close and good friends with both of them. However he naturally took Stevens side after what Carey did.

My understanding is that Archer and Stevens have never really spoke to Carey since all of this.

Carey ran into Stevens in Bali last year and they buried that hatchet.

I went to this game with a few mates, one of which is a pretty quiet bloke and hard to ever get and set opinion out of. We were sitting behind some North supporters and once we really got on top and cheered Carey one of them turned around and said “You’re a bunch of w***ers, I bet you all thought he was a dickhead before and always booed him!”

My quiet mate barks back with “We thought he was a dickhead back then and we still think he’s a dickhead now!”
I turned to him and burst out laughing. The North supporter’s mate turned around and apologised for his friend and I told him he didn’t have to and it was understandable for him to be pissed off and I felt sorry for him.
There were heaps of supporters from other Vic clubs there to see that contest between Carey, Archer and Stevens, there was an air of expectation and theatre that night, it was great.
Went on to get absolutely smashed at an Irish bar and had to catch a flight back to Adelaide at 5am to get to work that morning, I was still pissed.
:)

Lever: No hard feelings, would have been nice to play on Tex since he's a great player
Jacobs: Players leave, it's part of football now, we get Gibbs the same way

Kane: WHY ISNT THIS THE FRIDAY NIGHT GAME? TEX WANTED TO KILL LEVER!!!!!

It’s a Melbourne home game, so not sure why it should be played at Adelaide Oval

Even still, it’s a massive deal for the people of NT. Pretty disrespectful. If you want to bring the game to new regions, you take good teams, not shite like Port and Gold Coast.

Good on the people of Alice. If I’d been more organized, would have loved to have gone.

rucci's latest puff piece about China

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...i/news-story/cbe9348cc62f2419b5d789d116085fea

"PORT Adelaide will be back in China next year to defend its title as the AFL Champions of Shanghai but there is a Victorian Government push to deliver a new opponent to replace Gold Coast.

The Power again impressed the demanding AFL with a perfect set-up at Jiangwan Stadium and no concerns from the game won by Port Adelaide for the second time.

The crowd of 10,689 — compared with 10,118 last year — and the empty seats will again dominate the post-game reviews of the match that had been labelled a “sell out” with 11,500 tickets."

So many lies, the funniest was that "the empty seats were because of the rain", it wasn't raining last year and the place looked just as dead as it looked this year.

"Everyone wants in on it", didn't Koch make that fictious claim last year? Ironically after declaring that the Gold Coast wouldn't get the game again they later discovered that they were the only team interested and the only reason they were interested was because Metrocon wasn't available due to the Commonwealth Games.

Once again Rucci has returned from a Power funded trip to China writing glowing praise. Clearly it's a cash for comments situation.

Last edited:
So many lies, the funniest was that "the empty seats were because of the rain", it wasn't raining last year and the place looked just as dead as it looked this year.

"Everyone wants in on it", didn't Koch make that fictious claim last year? Ironically after declaring that the Gold Coast wouldn't get the game again they later discovered that they were the only team interested and the only reason they were interested was because Metrocon wasn't available due to the Commonwealth Games.

Once again Rucci has returned from a Power funded trip to China writing glowing praise. Clearly it's a cash for comments situation.

Also why the only reason it looks like it may happen next year is so the Victorian government can do their own networking, at the expense of St Kilda (who will be dragged kicking and screaming to the game).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back