Health The fitness and exercise thread (crossfit allowed)

Remove this Banner Ad

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
What sort of stuff do you try to do in your free time to stay fit and in shape? Anything from just walking, kicking the footy at the park to running marathons.

These days don't play any organised sports anymore but I like swimming, running and some basic weights exercises. Wouldn't mind getting back into tennis after a loooong tie.

I've never liked organised sport. My career in that area is limited to Primary school (rounders + netball), and maybe the odd Inter-school netball game in HS.

Gym, swim, walk, hit of tennis. Also have done taekwondo and dance classes (hip hop).
Tennis I wouldn't mind for the social aspect as well.

Boxing circuit, do some sparring but not lately, I get hit too much ha ha. It's funny we get some very fit people pop in (Crossfitters and the like) and they struggle to get through it, everyone does initially. I'm still a bit tubby but can always get through it, not sure if it's mental, muscle memory, maybe both.

i wish i could have 3 months, 6 months or even a year off, paid, so i could spend my days walking, running, going to beach and pool and the private gym i have onsite and get fit as possible

i just find it hard to find time, other than maybe 30 mins in morning when i walk at beach after dropping kids at school.

Did somebody say CrossFit?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i wish i could have 3 months, 6 months or even a year off, paid, so i could spend my days walking, running, going to beach and pool and the private gym i have onsite and get fit as possible

i just find it hard to find time, other than maybe 30 mins in morning when i walk at beach after dropping kids at school.
Have you arranged your life in order to get as much incidental exercise as possible?

Yep. Always park at far end of carparks to walk more. Always take stairs if available. That sort of thing. Any others you can advise?

I lost about five kilos just from not having my laptop in the lounge room. That's one change where no daily willpower is necessary.

"Bushwalking" is probably my favourite non-organised thing to do. Even in inner Melbourne there's quite a few places that don't feel like you're in a big city.

Unless you are training for the next Olympics 30-60 minutes a day is easily enough time to get reasonably fit.

Unless you are training for the next Olympics 30-60 minutes a day is easily enough time to get reasonably fit.
yeh but i'd like to have days of leisure. so as well as an hour or so of intense stuff, just spending the day walking and cruising around at the beach or bushwalking tracks i have nearby also, having it as a full time job almost, is what i want

Remove this Banner Ad

Back