Health The fitness and exercise thread (crossfit allowed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Boxing circuit, do some sparring but not lately, I get hit too much ha ha. It's funny we get some very fit people pop in (Crossfitters and the like) and they struggle to get through it, everyone does initially. I'm still a bit tubby but can always get through it, not sure if it's mental, muscle memory, maybe both.
I played a pretty high standard of footy as a younger man, then did triathlons and long distance obstacle course racing (i was pretty good).

My first MMA class was comfortably the most physically difficult thing ive ever done.

The combination of grappling, striking, focus and movement was absolutely brutal and even after a few years i only ever got better, it never really got any easier.

I played a pretty high standard of footy as a younger man, then did triathlons and long distance obstacle course racing (i was pretty good).

My first MMA class was comfortably the most physically difficult thing ive ever done.

The combination of grappling, striking, focus and movement was absolutely brutal and even after a few years i only ever got better, it never really got any easier.
What's long distance obstacle course racing? Like toughmudder etc?

My brother got a couple of games for the firsts footy in his last year of school which he admitted at the time he wasn't good enough for but coming off a rowing season he was fitter than anyone else in the team.

My brother got a couple of games for the firsts footy in his last year of school which he admitted at the time he wasn't good enough for but coming off a rowing season he was fitter than anyone else in the team.
Yeh mt TAC cup team was one of the private school dominate ones and the rowers were always just insanely fit coming into pre season.

It probably sounds stupid but honestly race day ends up being fun and generally cruisy if youve done the work in the lead up.
So a 'sprint' tri is apparently 750M Swim / 20km Bike / 5km Run.

If I just took it easy at my own pace I reckon I'd probably wouldn't even be that far off being able to do that now. That swim is nothing to me and I regularly run 2-3kms. Haven't got on a bike in 15 years though but surely that easier. I suppose the cumulative effort of all three at once really shouldn't be underestimated though.

If I just took it easy at my own pace I reckon I'd probably wouldn't even be that far off being able to do that now. That swim is nothing to me and I regularly run 2-3kms. Haven't got on a bike in 15 years though but surely that easier. I suppose the cumulative effort of all three at once really shouldn't be underestimated though.
Yeh sprints are pretty cruisy ultimately it’s what pace you wanna do for them. Olympic was my wheelhouse, I did a half Ironman once and I will not be doing that again 😂

I reckon the swim would take me longer than the run or the ride.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of all the crazy things I have ever done, doing Sumo Squats around an entire football pitch is still burned in my memory. Had to roll out of the car when I got home.
I'd be more worried about how it felt the next day :eekv1:

I've never liked organised sport.
I find organised sport is mostly good for motivation. I play comp tennis once a week - it doesn’t really keep me fit, but it keeps me honest because if I slack off with the gym/cardio work it translates pretty quickly to my results.

I would probably be capable of doing a short triathlon but that sport is for lunatics.
The training is a massive time-sink. Everyone jokes about cross fitters, but the most boring people I have ever met are triathletes because they have virtually nothing else going on in their lives.

The training is a massive time-sink. Everyone jokes about cross fitters, but the most boring people I have ever met are triathletes because they have virtually nothing else going on in their lives.
A lot of people might say training a couple of hours a day is boring but then instead spend 4 hours watching crap on TV.

Time in minutes doing stuff like that wouldn't be the issue imo but the fatigue afterwards.

A lot of people might say training a couple of hours a day is boring but then instead spend 4 hours watching crap on TV.
It’s not about which is the more boring activity, it’s about which makes you a more boring person

I’m not a huge advocate of TV, but four hours watching news, sport and pop culture usually gives you more to talk about than four hours on the back of a bike staring at someone’s Lycra-clad arse. I mean, I’m happy to nod politely as you tell me about your latest PB on Zwift, but that stuff has a limit

Throw in all the lifestyle stuff (like always wanting to book dinner for 5:30 so you can be in bed by 9 for your 5am run) and it’s just very difficult

Remove this Banner Ad

Back