Health The fitness and exercise thread (crossfit allowed)

Remove this Banner Ad

7 days into the pushup challenge, i have finished every day so far. Today it goes to 190 and Thursday 220 so real tests (both days i happen to be in the office which makes doing them tougher). Hasn't helped that i have an abdominal strain and sore muscle in the armpit due to poor technique before starting the challenge.....:rolleyes:
5th year doing the push up challenge (and i must say seeing how its grown is awesome).

Have you got anyone in the office doing it? If not its a great way to raise awareness and start the convo about mental health.

na just me, i just sneak into an empty room and do my 10-20 each time
The first few years at my old workplace it was just me and i did an email and notice board thing. Id go do some in the lunchroom or whatever and people would ask what i was doing.

I found it helped with fundraising and awareness but some workplaces it would be inappropriate, food for thought anyway. Well done.

Got through the push up challenge, sort of. My abdominal strain got too much after about 8 days and did a week of 'pushups' from the coffee table height. Still felt the burn bilut obviously a lot easier.

Good thing was by the time the final week came around, abdominal strain was basically gone and smashed out the last week. Amazing how much stronger you can get within 2 or so weeks, even with a week of inclined pushups

I'll probably try and keep up the pushups, good for core and upper body strength. Amazing how much my core was out of shape. I'll add on some planks as well.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

I've lost about 10kg in the last 3-4 months since i joined a new gym. I was working out before it and haven't really changed anything re diet or beers, I'm not sure how it's happened. I think the workouts are a bit more intense and maybe varied, not sure how much that is affecting things.

The only other difference is I work out at 6am now instead of the afternoon, would this generally help more?

I've lost about 10kg in the last 3-4 months since i joined a new gym. I was working out before it and haven't really changed anything re diet or beers, I'm not sure how it's happened. I think the workouts are a bit more intense and maybe varied, not sure how much that is affecting things.

The only other difference is I work out at 6am now instead of the afternoon, would this generally help more?

I was trying to lose some earlier in the year but wasnt budging. I had slowed my running about 30-40s per KM and doing extra Kms, around 6-8kms per run.

I have since gone back to 4-5kms per run and back to sub 5min per km and weight starting to drop. Seems intensity is better than distance for me. Dropped 4kgs and looking to drop another 3 or 4 to get me back to my playing weight of about 8 years ago (the old 1kg gain a year seems about right for me)

I was trying to lose some earlier in the year but wasnt budging. I had slowed my running about 30-40s per KM and doing extra Kms, around 6-8kms per run.

I have since gone back to 4-5kms per run and back to sub 5min per km and weight starting to drop. Seems intensity is better than distance for me. Dropped 4kgs and looking to drop another 3 or 4 to get me back to my playing weight of about 8 years ago (the old 1kg gain a year seems about right for me)

Yeah intensity might be the key by the sound of it. The place i'm going to now do shorter intervals than the last one, I think subconsciously if you're going for longer you don't go as hard (I'm certainly no expert in the fitness game ha ha)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m a powerlifter and 3 weeks out from my next meet.

On track to go something like this:
Squat: 220-240kg.
Bench: 135-130kg.
Deadlift: 270-280kg.

Love to see people starting their fitness journey, good work

I’ve been trying skipping breakfast lately and just having a coffee and water, don’t know if thats recommended or not.

Went for my first beach run in years this morning, great start to the day

Intermittent Fasting. All good.

I intermittently fast myself, too. I have a function that I need to go to in mid December and I have to lose a bunch of weight. I sometimes view it as a BB comp.

Only stirring, I wouldn't come close to those numbers lol
As with anything though, it’s all about how much dedication you put into it.

Have really dedicated this year to trying to improve and if I do hit the above numbers I’ll have put somewhere from 90-100kgs on my total since January.

I’d say my social life has taken a hit but it’s actually improved as I just hang out with like minded people now as sessions can take 2-3 hours, 4 days a week.

I’m a powerlifter and 3 weeks out from my next meet.

On track to go something like this:
Squat: 220-240kg.
Bench: 135-140kg.
Deadlift: 270-280kg.

Good luck on the meet. Tell us all about it afterwards.

I’m 3 years into this one :p.

Hope you do well.

As with anything though, it’s all about how much dedication you put into it.

Have really dedicated this year to trying to improve and if I do hit the above numbers I’ll have put somewhere from 90-100kgs on my total since January.

I’d say my social life has taken a hit but it’s actually improved as I just hang out with like minded people now as sessions can take 2-3 hours, 4 days a week.

Well when you trade one bar for another bar that's what tends to happen.

All jokes aside I wish that power-lifting was shown on TV. We've seen strongman, bodybuilding, crossfit so why not power-lifting?

Well when you trade one bar for another bar that's what tends to happen.

All jokes aside I wish that power-lifting was shown on TV. We've seen strongman, bodybuilding, crossfit so why not power-lifting?
I’ve tried to get Sportsbet markets for it before as the deadlift battles are something to watch.

At IPF nationals the other week it came down to the final deadlift for the U93kg class, the winner missed their second and tore their hand open and had to jump another 8kg for their third attempt and somehow pulled it. Crazy scenes.

I can see why it’s not televised though, squats are alright to watch, bench is boring as batshit and then if you get through bench you can watch deadlifts.

I’m trying to get down to 100kg by Xmas, was 113 in July and currently about 103, I feel like missing the odd meal is helping

Guess we have the same goal in mind.

Similar to yours, I started at 123-4 at the start of August and currently hovering at 109-111. I keep hitting weight-loss walls/plateaus though, very annoying.

I’ve tried to get Sportsbet markets for it before as the deadlift battles are something to watch.

At IPF nationals the other week it came down to the final deadlift for the U93kg class, the winner missed their second and tore their hand open and had to jump another 8kg for their third attempt and somehow pulled it. Crazy scenes.

I can see why it’s not televised though, squats are alright to watch, bench is boring as batshit and then if you get through bench you can watch deadlifts.

Bloody/bloodied callouses I bet, been there. Probably takes a while to heal as well. Also depends on the knurling of the bar.

Speaking of, how are yours? Keeping those callouses from getting too jagged?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back