Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

These days he just gets called to play on every time he is halfway through his run up to goal no matter if he is running in a straight line or not. Doesn't get counted in the stats but it seems to be a rule only Buddy has to follow. Every set shot he had today got called play on.

I hope the Swans are having a word with the AFL as no other player is getting that sort of treatment.

Mate that happens to every single Hawk player whenever we take a mark anywhere on the ground, esp in the backline - it's 3 seconds then "play on" - so I don't feel for you or your club at all.

But I'm betting your swans have better luck whinning about it then the Hawks ever did or will.

34 more goals to go; I'd love for him to get to 1000 this year

Bud has a fair argument to be the most complete player of this century so far, and will no doubt go down as a legend of the game

And with the way the game is evolving, who knows when the next player to kick 1000 career goals will come along

34 more goals to go; I'd love for him to get to 1000 this year

Bud has a fair argument to be the most complete player of this century so far, and will no doubt go down as a legend of the game

And with the way the game is evolving, who knows when the next player to kick 1000 career goals will come along

Fair chance he's the last 1 we see.

Would have copped two weeks for the Newman incident if he were wearing a Hawks jumper. :mad:
I always think back to the Ben Cousins one where Bud actively tried to pull up and Cousins jast ran into him at pace.
Bud copped 3 or 4 from memory.

There is a part of me that would love to see the Bud stuck on 999 Fevola style.

I always think back to the Ben Cousins one where Bud actively tried to pull up and Cousins jast ran into him at pace.

Copped 2, missed the last Round of 2009 and 1st Round of 2010.

That suspension (re Cousins) was a joke.

Media saying Newman got straight back up so Buddy should be fine. Pretty sure Walsh got straight up after beelining Hartigan as well or maybe mobile phone evidence carries extra weight?

Was as amazing to watch as any of the great Hawks, it was heart break station when he left us for the Swans.

A little bit misty eyed, I'd hoped beyond all hope that he'd make it home one day in a salary cap dump.

Have been missing him since 2013, and 2008 isn't a year of footy I'll be forgetting any time soon.

Hope life in official retirement is kind to you Bud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back