FTA-TV The Front Bar (Thurs Ed) 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if the Tony Martin mockumentary that they had a falling out over was ever released? It would be a shame for Martin's work to left on the cutting room floor, never to be seen.
I heard years ago the real source of the fallout was when Martin & Molloy had seperate shows on Triple M back in mid-2000s, Molloy suggested they team up like the old days but Martin wanted to stick with his 'Get This' crew.

Molloy was obviously bitter about this (his show was axed after a year) and blocking Tony's doco was his revenge.

Top show last night.
Did they beat the footy show in the ratings?

The Basil & Montagna little skits clearly were funnier than TFS dog/reverse curses skits.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It depends upon your sense of humour, but I laughed when Kochie just walked onto the set, wandered around, said nothing, and walked off again. It was obvious it was totally unscripted and the three guys had no idea it was going to happen. It just made me laugh.

And Santo ... "I've been away and missed it, but which one of Howe's marks won mark of the year?". :)

Cheers to the bloke that puts these up on YouTube. Only way to catch them in London and this has been the only one I've seen on a semi-reg basis.

Other than Molloy not having the greatest awareness of others around him sometimes, it's near on as good as a footy show you could want. Lot of similarities between this and BTG which echoed the same sort of x jokes per minute formula. Compared to 'The Footy Show' which has always relied on prop humour and forced gags.

Pang would fit in real well in the rotation of comedians doing UK panel shows. The depth chart for that is ridiculous, and Sam's pretty much one of the very few doing Aussie tv that could do it, without being royally hated like Sam Simmons.

Watched my first full episode on youtube yesterday, basically because of the praise it got in this thread. I haven't watched at all this year, haven't watched TFS, either. All I can say is that it was fantastic. Pang is so good and Santo was brilliant. Pang's gag to Gil about his team GWS losing was very, very funny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back