Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

If only Ben Simmons had a heart half the size of Ash Barty’s. Maybe while he’s in London he could catch up with her and learn a thing or two about pride and humility. He probably would have learnt about both those things at the boomers camp but he’s not there so may aswell make the best of a bad situation hey?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Although this might be the final Olympics for a few of the boys, the future looks hopeful as long as most of them show as much commitment as the current generation.

Xavier Cooks (1995)*
Dante Exum (1995)*
Jock Landale (1995)*
Duop Reath (1996)*
Ben Simmons (1996)
Deng Adel (1997)
Thon Maker (1997?)
Kouat Noi (1997)
Mason Peatling (1997)
Matisse Thybulle (1997)*
Dejan Vasiljevic (1997)
Isaac Humphries (1998)
Matur Maker (1998)
Will Magnay (1998)
Josh Green (2000)*
Makur Maker (2000)
Luke Travers (2001)
Josh Giddey (2002)
Mojave King (2002)
David Okwera (2002)
Reyne Smith (2002)
Tamuri Wigness (2002)
Dyson Daniels (2003)

*2021 Olympics squad members
Id add
  • Akoldah Gak (2002 NSW/Illawarra Hawks)
  • Jaylin Galloway (2002 CoE/Sydney Kings)
  • Wigness and Smith were both super disappointing at the underage World Champs.

Are we not talking about the Boomers beating USA with Durant, Lillard, Tatum, Beale, etc? Just an exhibition but our team chemistry is off the charts. Really glad Simmons with his negative energy isnt in the squad.

Are we not talking about the Boomers beating USA with Durant, Lillard, Tatum, Beale, etc? Just an exhibition but our team chemistry is off the charts. Really glad Simmons with his negative energy isnt in the squad.

There is an Olympics basketball thread where discussion is very active over the warm up games, link was on last page.

Starts talking about Boomers/Ben just around the 1hr 12min mark. Worth a listen imo.

Has lots of interesting stuff to say, especially about the Vic Government

Interesting. Love listening to Bogut. No BS. Just absolute straight down the barrell.

Thing i get out of that is Simmons is an Adult baby and has no social skills/awareness. Ive said it before , he is very Tomic like in that he just seems so detached from how to deal with people. All the talent in the world but no social skills or actual care for others.

If you dont want to play for the national team. Thats fine , you dont have to. Make a statement saying you dont want to. Dont disrupt the national team and keep them hanging all the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching the USA vs Argentina game and I’m thinking “why would anyone not want to play for their country?”. The chemistry between the USA guys is clearly evident and it looks like they’re enjoying playing with the best from their country, and I can’t imagine it being any different with the Aussies.

You said and I quote " lol no-one is lining up for this 4 year contract".

Also 12 teams is more then a third of the NBA.
Suddenly its just 5 teams interested...

Hardly destination franchises too. Sacramento, Indiana, Minnesota, Cleveland and Toronto.

wester conference.jpg eastern conference.jpg

The 76ers gonna get low-balled by teams that will struggle to make the playoffs, let alone be contending for the title. My initial comment about no-one being interested wasnt far off the mark lol.

What was our initial debate? Oh thats right - you said teams would be "lining up" for Simmons. Seems like its more of a take it or leave it scenario for the a handful of rubbish franchises.

Last edited:
Just watching the USA vs Argentina game and I’m thinking “why would anyone not want to play for their country?”. The chemistry between the USA guys is clearly evident and it looks like they’re enjoying playing with the best from their country, and I can’t imagine it being any different with the Aussies.

Its strange isnt it. Some people dont thrive on it i guess. Look at the Davis cup and its issue with some of the younger guys in Kyrigos ( who has changed his tune) and Tomic.

Socceroos has never been too bad, apart from Ned Zelic back in the day.

Maybe the ones that dont see it as purely only a job hence wont extend themselves further than what brings them a pay a cheque

Interesting. Love listening to Bogut. No BS. Just absolute straight down the barrell.

Thing i get out of that is Simmons is an Adult baby and has no social skills/awareness. Ive said it before , he is very Tomic like in that he just seems so detached from how to deal with people. All the talent in the world but no social skills or actual care for others.

If you dont want to play for the national team. Thats fine , you dont have to. Make a statement saying you dont want to. Dont disrupt the national team and keep them hanging all the time.

Didn't he have a hissy fit v NCAA about how they were making $$$ of his jersey sales?

Anyone got a like to his College Documentary called ''One and Done''

It hasnt always been rosy in the USA ranks. They've had their fair share of malcontents.

Didn't he have a hissy fit v NCAA about how they were making $$$ of his jersey sales?
Not liking the NCAA is hardly a minority position.

There's a reason they have been forced to allow players to be able to make money off their Name, Image and Likeness as of July 1, why the US Supreme Court handed them a beatdown about a month ago and why one of those Supreme Court Justices (a right-wing one at that) basically begged for an appropriate case for him to basically tear it down to the ground.

There may be many reasons for disliking Ben Simmons, but him making noise about the NCAA and his college making money off him while he couldn't is definitely not one of them

Suddenly its just 5 teams interested...

Hardly destination franchises too. Sacramento, Indiana, Minnesota, Cleveland and Toronto.

View attachment 1177418View attachment 1177417

The 76ers gonna get low-balled by teams that will struggle to make the playoffs, let alone be contending for the title. My initial comment about no-one being interested wasnt far off the mark lol.

What was our initial debate? Oh thats right - you said teams would be "lining up" for Simmons. Seems like its more of a take it or leave it scenario for the a handful of rubbish franchises.

5 is still more then no-one. Maths isn't a strong suit of yours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back