Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

The growth really has been quite remarkable. There was a while there where it didn’t look like it was going to happen and we were going to have a bit of a bust on our hands, but now he’s genuinely looking like he can be a top tier role player in the league.
Mavs fans love him. I agree in recent times he's improvement has been staggering with his ability to drive to the basket improving every game Luka was out.

Matisse Thybulle has been traded to Portland, which needs plenty of defensive help.

He has escaped the shithouse coaching of Doc Rivers and I can return to hating the 76ers.

Win-win-win.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Great news

Great 3rd piece for Doncic & Kyrie, he's become their glue with his quality defence & scoring. Soo happy for him. Already has good synergy with Aussie Kyrie.

Still only 22 !

Beats me why Kidd never gave him much of a go before the Kyrie trade, but better late then never

Mavs are probably 4th favourite in the West Rn after The Suns, Nugz and Grizz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still only 22 !

Beats me why Kidd never gave him much of a go before the Kyrie trade, but better late then never

Mavs are probably 4th favourite in the West Rn after The Suns, Nugz and Grizz
As a Mavs fan who watches most games, Green's biggest issues were that he was way WAY too out of control on defense (insane energy, but he was so intense he'd over rotate and bite too easily making him actually a bit defensively exploitable), while being way too passive offensively. He'd settled down energy wise this season keeping more under control while being more aggressive shooting and attacking on offense. But still played a bit out of control. In fact he still does a bit.

For whatever reason he decided to go from his normal passive self on offense to a relentless attacking monster against the Jazz with Luka and Dinwiddie out and while he's still a little more passive with Luka and Kyrie on the court, he's significantly more aggressive on offense than he was the first half of the season.

I don't even know what his ceiling is. Always thought it was solid role player. At this rate of improvement it could potentially legit be borderline all star level in a few years. He's more than just a 3&D wing, he's got playmaking ability and even showed brief flashes of isolation scoring, particularly vs the Jazz.

Last edited:
As a Mavs fan who watches most games, Green's biggest issues were that he was way WAY too out of control on defense (insane energy, but he was so intense he'd over rotate and bite too easily making him actually a bit defensively exploitable), while being way too passive offensively. He'd settled down energy wise this season keeping more under control while being more aggressive shooting and attacking on offense. But still played a bit out of control. In fact he still does a bit.

For whatever reason he decided to go from his normal passive self on offense to a relentless attacking monster against the Jazz with Luka and Dinwiddie out and while he's still a little more passive with Luka and Kyrie on the court, he's significantly more aggressive on offense than he was the first half of the season.

I don't even know what his ceiling is. Always thought it was solid role player. At this rate of improvement it could potentially legit be borderline all star level in a few years. He's more than just a 3&D wing, he's got playmaking ability and even showed brief flashes of isolation scoring, particularly vs the Jazz.
Yeah I’m with you on the no ceiling part, I may have been a bit conservative with my top tier role player call earlier (which was probably kinda vague in itself, I meant that 4th/5th starter who’s a glue guy on a contender). If he keeps playing like this he could very well become the 3rd star on the Mavs.

Green and Dyson Daniels are in similar boats for me. Always thought their ceiling was limited, not because they couldn't create with the ball in hand or play defense, but because they couldn't shoot well enough. If Green's shooting has really turned the corner it'll open up so much for him and allow him to create off the bounce with defenders fearful of his shot.

Need Dyson's shot to come round as well.

Edit: Shooting seems to be a constant issue (other than Paddy and Jingles) with Simmons and Exum suffering from those woes as well.

Last edited:
imo Green's ceiling is like a jrue holiday. Not the same player but that sort of ceiling being an elite defender with good ball handling/passing.

Can you still change allegiances? Wonder if Kyrie would ever think of playing for Aus after sharing time with Mills and now Green.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back