Religion The God Question - part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that I can recall. I'm unsure why you'd be interested to know the answer to this. It's not as if beliefs are of any importance.

I don't think this is true. We believe ALF is better that NFL and pizza is better than snails. I believe my mother is my mother, I didn't get a DNA test.

I drop the women off at the Patchie shop turn the corner and hear gun fire, I go back because I believe she could be in danger.
I ring for a plumber and believe (stupidly) that he's going to turn up when he said.

I think little beliefs rule our lives.
But that's no reason to think there is a goddess/gods.

I don't think this is true. We believe ALF is better that NFL and pizza is better than snails. I believe my mother is my mother, I didn't get a DNA test.

I drop the women off at the Patchie shop turn the corner and hear gun fire, I go back because I believe she could be in danger.
I ring for a plumber and believe (stupidly) that he's going to turn up when he said.

I think he's taking the piss.
I'm pretty sure that when he rings a number on his mobile, he believes that the mobile company he has a contract with will connect him to the correct number.
I think he just takes too much for granted. I think a lot of well off people in wealthy countries do that.

I love how Ricky Gervais gets his points across when speaking about religion/atheism. Sometimes he can be a little brash and arrogant in his delivery, but he usually gets his point across. I've often described myself as an agnostic-atheist, but have rarely heard others use the combined term. I specifically like his point about scientific text books and religious text books.

That line of argument simply doesn't stack up.

You don't have to believe that the AFL is better. You have your own 'proof' to tell you it is so.
You don't have to believe that pizza is better than snails. Your taste buds will 'prove or disprove' that for you.
You don't have to believe that your mother is your mother. You just safely assume that to be the case.....but you can 'prove' it, if you want.

Religion is not grounded on proof. It's grounded on bronze-aged, mans stories.
We don't openly trust what we're told today on the news, yet we open ourselves up to the meandering of ancient superstitions.

That line of argument simply doesn't stack up.

You don't have to believe that the AFL is better. You have your own 'proof' to tell you it is so.
You don't have to believe that pizza is better than snails. Your taste buds will 'prove or disprove' that for you.
You don't have to believe that your mother is your mother. You just safely assume that to be the case.....but you can 'prove' it, if you want.

Religion is not grounded on proof. It's grounded on bronze-aged, mans stories.
We don't openly trust what we're told today on the news, yet we open ourselves up to the meandering of ancient superstitions.

Ok, but just in general conversation people use "believe or belief" a lot. I don't like your own "proof" but safely assume is good, I like that.
We live our lives with little safe assumptions.

Ok, but just in general conversation people use "believe or belief" a lot. I don't like your own "proof" but safely assume is good, I like that.
We live our lives with little safe assumptions.

Yes, people do use the term somewhat liberally but that has nothing to do with people of faith citing their beliefs as something they have over others.
As if believing gives you a leg up over those that don't believe and as if believing, carries some sort of heightened credibility.

You've been drinking mate:thumbsu::rainbow:
Something I'm extremely prone to whilst posting.
I work hard and care for my family,then I don't mind a tipple or two.
Now,this places us in a rather awkward position when we discuss the last of the abrahamic positions.
Can you imagine the dullardry of "our" existence without starch or sugar fermentation?
jeez,even the nazarene turned H20 into ......

Enlight1.jpg

Yes, people do use the term somewhat liberally but that has nothing to do with people of faith citing their beliefs as something they have over others.
As if believing gives you a leg up over those that don't believe and as if believing, carries some sort of heightened credibility.
Ok Harks,now we get to the "meat" of the question and the actual reason this thread exists.
We live in strange times and the people our el presidente has positioned in places of power,authority and msm is entirely a battlefield for the conciousness of our kind.
It's a very heightened peculiar time to be living in,the Thatcher and Reagan thing was shite enough,but this is something entirely at odds with where we should be heading on so many levels.
I'm not even remotely convinced that Donald J is a faithful man or a believer.
His selections announce some of the worst I've seen in my lifetime,they are a polar opposite belief to the portfolio they represent.
It's alt religious right without an answer "except" (jason pm) for their shiteful agreeable ahmerican evangelical 6000 year old earth theory.
That last statement gives me empowerment to continue the fight for me and my children.

Ok Harks,now we get to the "meat" of the question and the actual reason this thread exists.
We live in strange times and the people our el presidente has positioned in places of power,authority and msm is entirely a battlefield for the conciousness of our kind.
It's a very heightened peculiar time to be living in,the Thatcher and Reagan thing was shite enough,but this is something entirely at odds with where we should be heading on so many levels.
I'm not even remotely convinced that Donald J is a faithful man or a believer.
His selections announce some of the worst I've seen in my lifetime,they are a polar opposite belief to the portfolio they represent.
It's alt religious right without an answer "except" (jason pm) for their shiteful agreeable ahmerican evangelical 6000 year old earth theory.
That last statement gives me empowerment to continue the fight for me and my children.

Well we should fight for our children and everyone else's children and I know this will come off as arrogant but if I had only one thing to say to everyone....is to think....think for yourself.....do not liberally drink the kool-aid our parents, fore-fathers and society has offered us.

Everything about the doctrines we've been presented are so disingenuous. Created by man to manipulate man. It truly saddens me and I haven't a long time left on this planet but I'd love to be around when we actually accept facts over fiction.....even if those facts kill us.....we'd be better off.

Well we should fight for our children and everyone else's children and I know this will come off as arrogant but if I had only one thing to say to everyone....is to think....think for yourself.....do not liberally drink the kool-aid our parents, fore-fathers and society has offered us.

Everything about the doctrines we've been presented are so disingenuous. Created by man to manipulate man. It truly saddens me and I haven't a long time left on this planet but I'd love to be around when we actually accept facts over fiction.....even if those facts kill us.....we'd be better off.
That's why we are here my fine feathered friend.
Present Not Past can you present your argument?!
We are here despite your creator,give us something that refutes our position mate!

Yes, Well I think we have gone down a wrong road here.
I was simply making an observation about the way people use the term believe in conversation.

NOT, NEVER, NEVER EVER supporting faith. Faith bad. ( but for that Hot girl)
Evidence, reason, logic, science, demonstration good.

We are here despite your creator,give us something that refutes our position mate!

I can't speak for others but I understand myself being only a small part of a bigger whole and as long as we have division....religion, race, sexism etc....we'll never accomplish what we are capable of being.
Plenty of scope for individualism without having to barrack for our own team. What do we want our team to be? This little planet of ours can accomodate one large team............Humanity.

You've been drinking mate:thumbsu::rainbow:
Something I'm extremely prone to whilst posting.
I work hard and care for my family,then I don't mind a tipple or two.
Now,this places us in a rather awkward position when we discuss the last of the abrahamic positions.
Can you imagine the dullardry of "our" existence without starch or sugar fermentation?
jeez,even the nazarene turned H20 into ......

View attachment 333069
Life is too short to be drinking the poor quality stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you believe that? Do you expect me to believe all that ?
Because I believe the path of humanity has been a wonderus and our faith in a pure higher power has elevated us beyond the wildest dreams of our ancestors.

I believe that Christianity has been a blessing to us all.

See how the word believe works? No one is tricking anyone. I believe you just focus on the negative and miss the big picture.

I believe the idea of a " cross to bare is a blessing " has been a wonderful gift to humanity.

Because I believe the path of humanity has been a wonderus and our faith in a pure higher power has elevated us beyond the wildest dreams of our ancestors.

See how the word believe works? No one is tricking anyone. I believe you just focus on the negative and miss the big picture.

I believe the idea of a " cross to bare is a blessing " has been a wonderful gift to humanity.

Is there some course you go to learn to spout this stuff.
Arrogant Blind Faith and Assertion 101 or something.

There's a wonderful series on tv at the moment - Shaun Micallef's Stairway to Heaven - I recommend it to everyone.
In it Shaun is chasing the answers that many of us are trying to have answered. What is the meaning of our lives.
I watched an episode tonight called Armageddon where he was trying to figure out what the Book of Revelation was about and what it meant to us in the 21st century.
There were moments, especially during his time in America with the Pentecostals where I was just speechless.
The truth is most of us don't know what the hell is going on, but if you find something that gets you through the night, well that's alright, that's alright.

Is there some course you go to learn to spout this stuff.
Arrogant Blind Faith and Assertion 101 or something.

Just do History .. evolution of man etc. no one is hiding anything.
You can only believe that if we never had a belief in power greater than ourselves that we would all be holding hands and living in a beautiful commie type set up.

Man bonded to God ... fact.
Your world ??? Dreamland..

Because I believe the path of humanity has been a wonderus and our faith in a pure higher power has elevated us beyond the wildest dreams of our ancestors. I believe that Christianity has been a blessing to us all.

believe
bɪˈliːv/
verb
  1. 1.
    accept that (something) is true, especially without proof.

Sorry I had to do this again.
So much believing...............so little proving.

believe
bɪˈliːv/
verb
  1. 1.
    accept that (something) is true, especially without proof.

Sorry I had to do this again.

Do you get it. We know the meaning of believe. No one is hiding anything. It's a common word because it's a common function of human beings. To not believe is not to be human.

You just sprouted off some animal farm belief system about not indoctrinating etc..

You can only believe that if we never had a belief in power greater than ourselves that we would all be holding hands and living in a beautiful commie type set up.

Where do you get this?
So you have such a weak case you makeup a this straw man and belittle it.

Harker likes to post the meaning of Believe, Do I have to do that same for FACT.
Man bonded to GOD fact. well Make your case.
Please use logic, evidence, reason, facts ( please Check with Harker to ensure you have an understanding of those words)
No assertions or magic or imaginary BFFs.

I can't speak for others but I understand myself being only a small part of a bigger whole and as long as we have division....religion, race, sexism etc....we'll never accomplish what we are capable of being.
Plenty of scope for individualism without having to barrack for our own team. What do we want our team to be? This little planet of ours can accomodate one large team............Humanity.
We beat collingwood and that is enough!

There's a wonderful series on tv at the moment - Shaun Micallef's Stairway to Heaven - I recommend it to everyone.
In it Shaun is chasing the answers that many of us are trying to have answered. What is the meaning of our lives.
I watched an episode tonight called Armageddon where he was trying to figure out what the Book of Revelation was about and what it meant to us in the 21st century.
There were moments, especially during his time in America with the Pentecostals where I was just speechless.
The truth is most of us don't know what the hell is going on, but if you find something that gets you through the night, well that's alright, that's alright.
I share his name and spelling,now that's a revelation of sorts.:)

What of islam,the final revelation?
A blessing or a curse upon this humanity that you so devoutly admire?

Do you get it. We know the meaning of believe. No one is hiding anything. It's a common word because it's a common function of human beings. To not believe is not to be human.

You just sprouted off some animal farm belief system about not indoctrinating etc..

I don't know what you mean by this. "To not believe is to not be human"

To believe for the sake of believing is not something to be proud of.
Asking questions....Being inquisitive....forming your own opinions....pushing against establishment....are some 'human 'traits that have merit.
Believing alone for the sake of belief has absolutely no merit at all. It's lazy.

We are not bonded to or bound by god or gods,that it not a fact at all.
Your viewpoint is declining by enormous numbers as the real world is exposed to people exponentially by technology.
Scientific facts are slowly unmasking the belief in faith and exposing its flaws and hideous nakedness.
Because "we" are the dreamers of dreams whilst the rest remain asleep.
"Our" world created the reality that "you" are lucky enough to be apart of.
We've quashed every biblical assertion and have pulled the curtains to expose its manmadeness which your belief will never recover from.
It's only a matter of time before your ancient texts are taught as fiction,poetry or better still,archaic primitive presuppositions.
A fish like creature grew legs from fins and learned to convert oxygen not passed over gills submerged in water.
Trial and error,we are sludge,whether you like it or not and no creative hand had any ******* part in it,whether you like it or not.
Unless of course you'd like to share some testable and verifiable evidence,know what I mean!;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back