Remove this Banner Ad

fleabitten

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
I've posted a few times in here about Your Old Droog. Surely one person in here has at least heard of him. He is the best lyricist in the game at the moment.

Thought he was Nas at first. Listened to a little bit but then kinda forgot about him. Links to the best of his recent stuff?

gym4life

Norm Smith Medallist
Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL Pokemon is Life
May 22, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Stop it. Top 5 maybe even top 3.

says the white 16 year old that has like 30 rap songs on his entire playlist. All I had to do was watch the first guy and I knew the video was a load of s**t "Eminem is insane lyrically", talking about the same three things in every single one of his songs does not take "insane lyricism".

Teflon Dons

Club Legend
May 21, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Flint Tropics
says the white 16 year old that has like 30 rap songs on his entire playlist. All I had to do was watch the first guy and I knew the video was a load of s**t "Eminem is insane lyrically", talking about the same three things in every single one of his songs does not take "insane lyricism".

Bra you've got Australias biggest * wit as your avatar, and the disrespectful manner in which ur speaking makes me think I am actually talking to nick kyrigos.
If you don't think Eminem is a psychopath lyrically, would dismantle any rapper alive 1v1. Most of the dead ones, too. Ur kiddin urself Nick.

gym4life

Norm Smith Medallist
May 22, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Bra you've got Australias biggest **** wit as your avatar, and the disrespectful manner in which ur speaking makes me think I am actually talking to nick kyrigos.
If you don't think Eminem is a psychopath lyrically, would dismantle any rapper alive 1v1. Most of the dead ones, too. Ur kiddin urself Nick.
In a rap battle? Probably not, theres actually professional battle rappers who would kill him. However I don't care how fast or witty Eminem is, his job is to make good music and the fact is he doesn't. Kanye takes a dump on Eminem from a huge height.

Teflon Dons

Club Legend
May 21, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Flint Tropics
In a rap battle? Probably not, theres actually professional battle rappers who would kill him. However I don't care how fast or witty Eminem is, his job is to make good music and the fact is he doesn't. Kanye takes a dump on Eminem from a huge height.

Lol I like Kanye, he himself would admit that's ******* false dude. Em is on a different planet to anyone else alive right now. Seen you promoting mumblers like lil rowboat while dissing the old school saying the 90's was s**t, so I think your trolling but just in case your not.. the drakes and Noah shebibs wouldn't be anything without people like dre and em. Kendrick wouldn't be anything without em. Same with 50, dre post nwa and 2001, j cole etc. be grateful for Eminem

Watch through that whole clip and watch all your favourite rappers tell you ur wrong

gym4life

Norm Smith Medallist
May 22, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Lol I like Kanye, he himself would admit that's ******* false dude. Em is on a different planet to anyone else alive right now. Seen you promoting mumblers like lil rowboat while dissing the old school saying the 90's was s**t, so I think your trolling but just in case your not.. the drakes and Noah shebibs wouldn't be anything without people like dre and em. Kendrick wouldn't be anything without em. Same with 50, dre post nwa and 2001, j cole etc. be grateful for Eminem

Watch through that whole clip and watch all your favourite rappers tell you ur wrong
I can't really help out at this point but congratulations having the same opinion as 12 year old me. Drake and Kendrick would be just as good and big if em didn't exist, have no clue how you even reach that conclusion considering their styles are nothing like Eminem's. Joey Badass said Em aint top 20 and that Kanye is far better, the dude kills every single rapper in that video. Also Kanye is way more influential on modern hip hop than Eminem will ever be, without Kanye a lot of artists would be nothing, without em only whack rappers like logic and hopsin would be nothing.

Teflon Dons

Club Legend
May 21, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Flint Tropics
I can't really help out at this point but congratulations having the same opinion as 12 year old me. Drake and Kendrick would be just as good and big if em didn't exist, have no clue how you even reach that conclusion considering their styles are nothing like Eminem's. Joey Badass said Em aint top 20 and that Kanye is far better, the dude kills every single rapper in that video. Also Kanye is way more influential on modern hip hop than Eminem will ever be, without Kanye a lot of artists would be nothing, without em only whack rappers like logic and hopsin would be nothing.

Just because they didn't have the same beats to play with, 90s producers are technically superior to the new school. Really, Kanye is a new school dr dre. Never meant to rap, just wanted to produce music, jay got him rapping. Stfu mate u honestly sound silly

gym4life

Norm Smith Medallist
May 22, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Just because they didn't have the same beats to play with, 90s producers are technically superior to the new school. Really, Kanye is a new school dr dre. Never meant to rap, just wanted to produce music, jay got him rapping. Stfu mate u honestly sound silly
Where have I even talked about modern producers being better? I mean they are but that's irrelevant to this discussion. Kanye is a new school Dr Dre except far better, Kanye is probably the greatest hip hop artist of all time.

Mar 11, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood

Clearly you haven't listened to Kanye outside of his singles. His first two albums cover in depth his journey through producing / rapping and his relationship with Jay Z and influence that Jay had on him. Jay didn't get him rapping. Kanye got himself rapping.

Teflon Dons

Club Legend
May 21, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Flint Tropics
Clearly you haven't listened to Kanye outside of his singles. His first two albums cover in depth his journey through producing / rapping and his relationship with Jay Z and influence that Jay had on him. Jay didn't get him rapping. Kanye got himself rapping.

? I've seen a clip of Kanye telling the story of how he got started, Jay was in the room when he had some beats for some of the Rocafella artists but Jay got Ye spitting and loved him. Not saying he never rhymed before but he didn't go there with that intention according to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teflon Dons

Club Legend
May 21, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Flint Tropics
I respect Em and for what he did but honestly he isn't the same Em from the early 2000s. Can't rap on beat to save his life and re-hashing shock value lyrics at his age is just embarrassing.

Can't deny he was one of many reasons why people became hip hop fans though.

Lol bro forget his new stuff. He's doing different s**t because he's earned the right to. He's done enough to cement his spot as a legend.

I'm not mad that he's basically Kendrick full-time mentor now. He's been skyrocketing toward my top 10 the past few years.

gym4life

Norm Smith Medallist
May 22, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Lol bro forget his new stuff. He's doing different s**t because he's earned the right to. He's done enough to cement his spot as a legend.

I'm not mad that he's basically Kendrick full-time mentor now. He's been skyrocketing toward my top 10 the past few years.
Kendricks full time mentor? Ahahahahahahahahaha ******* hell. Kendrick is 20x the rapper em has ever or will ever be.

Teflon Dons

Club Legend
May 21, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Flint Tropics
Kendricks full time mentor? Ahahahahahahahahaha ******* hell. Kendrick is 20x the rapper em has ever or will ever be.

What does the first sentence have to do with the second? He does mentor Kendrick u * wit you're going in the ignore bin now gym4life you don't know what you're talking about

gym4life

Norm Smith Medallist
May 22, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Would not even make sense for eminem to mentor kendrick, not only is kendrick already better in literally every single way apart from speed which is literally nothing. They don't have similar styles in the slightest.

Teflon Dons

Club Legend
May 21, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Flint Tropics
The burden on proving your statement correct is on you, not us.

We're not in court mate and I'm not your mum, go and educate yourselves. Eminem has had a big hand in Kendrick being where he is.

*and if we were in court, the burden would still be on you. To prove it untrue. Lol

Sep 21, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
We're not in court mate and I'm not your mum, go and educate yourselves. Eminem has had a big hand in Kendrick being where he is.

*and if we were in court, the burden would still be on you. To prove it untrue. Lol
That's not how it works... If you make a statement you gotta back it up.

You're just making baseless assumptions that Eminem is mentoring Kendrick.

You're taking the easy way

Mar 11, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
? I've seen a clip of Kanye telling the story of how he got started, Jay was in the room when he had some beats for some of the Rocafella artists but Jay got Ye spitting and loved him. Not saying he never rhymed before but he didn't go there with that intention according to him.

Despite his success as a producer, West's true aspiration was to be a rapper. Though he had developed his rapping long before he began producing, it was often a challenge for West to be accepted as a rapper, and he struggled to attain a record deal.[32] Multiple record companies ignored him because he did not portray the 'gangsta image' prominent in mainstream hip hop at the time.[23]:556 After a series of meetings with Capitol Records, West was ultimately denied an artist deal.[22]

According to Capitol Record's A&R, Joe Weinberger, he was approached by West and almost signed a deal with him, but another person in the company convinced Capitol's president not to.[22] Desperate to keep West from defecting to another label, then-label head Damon Dash reluctantly signed West to Roc-A-Fella Records. Jay-Z later admitted that Roc-A-Fella was initially reluctant to support West as a rapper, claiming that many saw him as a producer first and foremost, and that his background contrasted with that of his labelmates.[23]:556[34]

Teflon Dons

Club Legend
May 21, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Flint Tropics
Despite his success as a producer, West's true aspiration was to be a rapper. Though he had developed his rapping long before he began producing, it was often a challenge for West to be accepted as a rapper, and he struggled to attain a record deal.[32] Multiple record companies ignored him because he did not portray the 'gangsta image' prominent in mainstream hip hop at the time.[23]:556 After a series of meetings with Capitol Records, West was ultimately denied an artist deal.[22]

According to Capitol Record's A&R, Joe Weinberger, he was approached by West and almost signed a deal with him, but another person in the company convinced Capitol's president not to.[22] Desperate to keep West from defecting to another label, then-label head Damon Dash reluctantly signed West to Roc-A-Fella Records. Jay-Z later admitted that Roc-A-Fella was initially reluctant to support West as a rapper, claiming that many saw him as a producer first and foremost, and that his background contrasted with that of his labelmates.[23]:556[34]

Bro Jay was the only one willing to listen because he'd produced heaps of stuff on the blueprint, including Izzo. Kanye would not be rapping if not for Jay making rocafella sign him. It says it in that last paragraph there ^

Started in a studio making the blueprint, though. That's where jay heard him first

Remove this Banner Ad

Back