The Hip Hop Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a taste

This one is a belter. Honestly not feeling the other one. It's not bad, just not great. Maybe it is tarnished a bit for me by the fact that they released it for people upset and concerned about Trump getting elected after Killer Mike told people not to vote for Hillary.

This one is a belter. Honestly not feeling the other one. It's not bad, just not great. Maybe it is tarnished a bit for me by the fact that they released it for people upset and concerned about Trump getting elected after Killer Mike told people not to vote for Hillary.

I agree, I didn't like it as much

d3925643.jpg

Vince (US) tour poster :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Travis Scott has grown on me so much recently to the point where I am willing to call him top 3 current rappers.

I don't expect it to do too well as far as reviews go, but I am really enjoying Ab-Soul's new album. It's definitely too long, and despite really liking the feminist theme he's employing, there seems to be some weird misogyny binary towards the end of the album that I'm not sure I understand. I'm a big fan regardless, and look forward to giving it a few more listens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took some time, but finally got there with Awaken, My Love.

The two features Me and Your Mama and Redbone are unequivocally fantastic. He's borderline fine as a rapper, so to throw that away for funk and soul is the right move, even if it caught me off guard at first. Comfortably his best work yet.

As expected awesome, I've had a couple of listens now and it keeps getting better, not straight up banger after banger like RTJ2, it just moves along nicely, EL's production is dope as always.

Thursday Night In The Danger Room and 2100 are my favourites. The former has such a strong hook man. Big track.

Easily my favourite. Great song.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back