The "I've got tickets for myself" thread - Qualifying Final Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I booked members general admission for myself and mates.

In some information it suggested that "members" could reserve seats in either the balcony or concourse. Am I correct in thinking that it is business as usual in the members concourse, first there gets the best seats and the reserve seats are only for the grandstand?

Usually one of my mates does the booking but being on holidays I was given the job this year. I have received an email from ticketmaster confirming the booking but it said they would email the ticket later. Is this typical? When I have used ticketmaster previously the tickets have been emailed immediately.

I didn't even have the option to email tickets, i have to pick them up...

I made a Ticketmaster account the night before, printing your own is a feature of that.

It took me several goes to get the order done, and on the first attempt at 9:05 it told me all the bronze tickets were already sold. The order system gave a time out page when I tried to 'return to the previous page' after the bronze sell out, and after I gave a phone number without an area code.

I was able to enter the CC and phone number used to bring up the fact that the order exists, however trying to see the receipt just returns me to an empty order history.

Still, the receipt exists in some form. Bay 138.

Yeah thats the same here, there was a disclaimer on the page stating that due to excessive demand it may take up to 2 days for tickets to be emailed. or something like that.

Plus you have to remember how utterly s**t ticketmaster is also

I booked members general admission for myself and mates.

In some information it suggested that "members" could reserve seats in either the balcony or concourse. Am I correct in thinking that it is business as usual in the members concourse, first there gets the best seats and the reserve seats are only for the grandstand?

Usually one of my mates does the booking but being on holidays I was given the job this year. I have received an email from ticketmaster confirming the booking but it said they would email the ticket later. Is this typical? When I have used ticketmaster previously the tickets have been emailed immediately.

It can depend on the event and how busy they are. Plus their general incompetence also.

I have an email confirmation of my order, but no email containing the printable tickets yet, and my Ticketmaster Order History has nothing in it.

Seems dire. Might give them a call this afternoon if nothing shows up.
i am really ******* glad someone else has had this happen too, i've got nothing through yet and nothing showing in my history

didn't get the $10 tickets though sadly..

I was able to enter the CC and phone number used to bring up the fact that the order exists, however trying to see the receipt just returns me to an empty order history.

Still, the receipt exists in some form. Bay 138.
Yep, I'm in Bay 138. Received an email confirmation but no printable tickets as yet (and my account with ticketmaster shows nothing). No stress, I'm sure they'll come.

I'm sitting in row Y - does anyone know if this is the back row in bay 138 (I'm hoping so), or is there a row Z?

Yep, I'm in Bay 138. Received an email confirmation but no printable tickets as yet (and my account with ticketmaster shows nothing). No stress, I'm sure they'll come.

I'm sitting in row Y - does anyone know if this is the back row in bay 138 (I'm hoping so), or is there a row Z?

There is a row Z

I'm in Bay 129 Row A.

If you wanna look at your order with seat/bay details.

Ticketmaster Website > My Ticketmaster > Order History (on the right side of screen) then scroll to bottom of page, fill in email/CC number and it will show your order with Bay/Seat numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ticketmaster phone line is clogged, took ages to get through and then its all automated and you still can't select a family ticket. Have asked to speak to an operator....and still waiting after 20 minutes. In the meantime all the good seats will be dissappearing. Ticketmaster you suck !!!!!!!
Has anyone else had trouble getting family tickets....this is a disaster!! :mad:

Has anyone else had trouble getting family tickets....this is a disaster!! :mad:
Perhaps you can try 2Adults + 2Children. See if they charge you a family price or the full price.
If full price, just quit, if family, go ahead :)

Apparently I've got tickets.

Sister wanted to have us all sit together. I was skeptical as would ahve been 12+ tix I think.

Annoyed you can't buy family tickets online. SO we had to resort to lining up or on the phone.

Got the missus queueing at AAMI as didn't trust it all going to plan.

Things were not going to plan.

Missus had tickets ready for our family (2 girls) and my old man and brother. She had them reserved and ready to purchase, she contacted my sister to try and coordinate the other purchase being in the same vicinity - too late, sister had decided to ditch the kids and get the adult tickets only.

Fuming at the moment - though will be there Saturday. Got wife trying to call the club to reverse the purcahse and see if we can still get the family tickets.

Perhaps you can try 2Adults + 2Children. See if they charge you a family price or the full price.
If full price, just quit, if family, go ahead :)
Yeah tried that, they charge the full price, not the family price, which is about $40 different. On the AFL website there is a little asterisk next to the family ticket price that says "If you wish to purchase a family ticket please phone Ticketmaster or visit a Ticketmaster outlet. Family tickets will not be available to purchase via the internet"

Trouble is the ticketmaster website is just as difficult.

Old man has hopefully got our tickets in the General Members area. Seems to be having the same issue as NTRabbit. Has a confirmation e-mail, but no e-mail containing the tickets. Other mates got tickets at about 9:30 this morning.

purchased online this morning, received confirmation email, but no printable tickets yet.
looks like there's enough that it's either normal, or a monumental f-up.

Because you can't buy family tickets online mate.
this is what i don't understand, we can send a robotic 4wd to mars, but we can't buy family tickets to the footy online?

someones screwed that up surely..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back