The "I've got tickets for myself" thread - Qualifying Final Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah my tickets have arrived too!
Cant wait. We'll be the annoying people with a bunch of huge banners in the front row of 129 lol
Please make and take a "Straight sets huh?" and put it up when you believe we're certainly going to win.

can i give my membership card to a mate to use?

Membership card won't get you in the gate - you can use your membership card at Ticketmaster along with $45/55/65 to get a ticket to the game, and then give that ticket to anyone you want.
Alternatively, give your mate the number below the barcode on your plastic ticket, and he can enter it into the form on the Ticketmaster website himself, makes no difference.

If he makes a Ticketmaster account before doing it, he can even print it out himself, no need to worry about taking the membership card down to a Ticketmaster outlet to collect it.

Membership card won't get you in the gate - you can use your membership card at Ticketmaster along with $45/55/65 to get a ticket to the game, and then give that ticket to anyone you want.
Alternatively, give your mate the number below the barcode on your plastic ticket, and he can enter it into the form on the Ticketmaster website himself, makes no difference.

If he makes a Ticketmaster account before doing it, he can even print it out himself, no need to worry about taking the membership card down to a Ticketmaster outlet to collect it.

cheers. i bought the ticket and gave it to him. didnt know if people check for cards too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got tickets for 7 of us. Bay 137 Row T. Cant wait.

Its a bit frustrating having to gather all your mates barcodes to order tickets, but managed to do it on my phone via internet at smoko at work.

On the hip flask discussion - I have taken a 2L bottle of sealed lemonade and a few 200ml plastic bottles with bundy white or bacardi in all year. No one suspects lemonade, and I keep the bottles in my pocket, no hassles.

As I said in the other thread.

Got home from work and my Girl Friend surprised me with 2 tickets.

Now, I'm going to have to put out and be her slave.

There has been some press recently that this has become very popular in Melbourne and they will be tightening things up this year. I'm not sure about Footy park though. If it's anything like the bag checkers it will be fine. Lining up before the gates opened for the members area on Saturday the bag checkers went along the line and asked everyone, "Do you have any cans or bottles in your bag?" Derr, no mate, only plastic things that go bang.

I wear a long coat with deep pockets similar to the old duffle coats and place any bottles and hip flasks in my pockets. :)

Edit: I just read the following posts and saw that this bulging coat thing has been well covered.

THE WEIRDEST THING

Just logged onto Ticketmaster to try it out, I am a SANFL Ultimate member who just went Gold, they charged me $10 for my ticket. Naturally I then also bought 2 guest passes for $10 each also.

Why does this feel wrong? I expected to be charged ~ $37 or more. Trying to call Ticketmaster now...
Probably because you bought the reserved seating but not the actual ticket to the game! :D

I did the same thing, bought 2 tickets and only charged me $20. I double checked and realised that I did not get the actual ticket, which was $55 per ticket. Even with that, I had my tickets by 9:05 am!

Bay 305, Row I ....can't remember the seats. I got the ticked emailed to me so all ready to go.

I still don't understand why people would line up in today's day and age. All it took was a credit card and 5 minutes of my time.

THE WEIRDEST THING

Just logged onto Ticketmaster to try it out, I am a SANFL Ultimate member who just went Gold, they charged me $10 for my ticket. Naturally I then also bought 2 guest passes for $10 each also.

Why does this feel wrong? I expected to be charged ~ $37 or more. Trying to call Ticketmaster now...

Deaneus, I had the same thing by buying Member's Reserve Balcony. I figured I had only paid the extra $10 to reserve a seat but I hadn't bought a ticket which gave me entry to the stadium. I tried to buy a ticket but it said my barcode had been retired. I called Ticketmaster to clarify and they directed me "Members and Guest Passes" where I could enter my barcode again and buy a general admin ticket to get me in the ground.

I still don't understand why people would line up in today's day and age. All it took was a credit card and 5 minutes of my time.
Its because our supporter base is ancient. It's a real worry, 90% of the people who sit in my bay are over 60. The way footy prices keep going up I can see a real problem for the AFL going forward, the next generation are less likely to part with their money to become members.

Was there a limited number of guest passes available first thing this morning? I know that the person organising our tickets did manage to get a couple of guest passes.

There were still guest passes available when I got mine at about 5 tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back