The last game of Razor Ray's career

Remove this Banner Ad

I am able to watch the game objectively, even if my side is playing. This is what the replay reveals, I wasted a bit of time doing this, but what the hell.

It's impossible to be completely objective. You can try but you and I are still going to have different interpretations, even when we both think we are being objective.

He did a pretty good job of it.

I did not comment on his effort but rather that particular statement. As I've stated earlier in this thread, I don't really care for the umpiring and the rights and wrongs of this particular game so the rest was irrelevent to me.

I dont give a shit about the diagrams.

Simply laughing at the lengths Sydney fans will go to shy away from the fact that they were beaten by a better team and not robbed.

It's cringe worthy watching you plebs moan in here.
I see- it was only posted in response to a Freo fan who went to the effort of grabbing screen captures, though. I thought it was interesting to see the screen shots, and based on those was curious of how it would look; I appreciate through your work you are familiar with using software for financial modeling, through my work I'm familiar with using software to draw up diagrams- so it took me all of about 2 minutes.

I don't see why it's then a Sydney fan going to absurd lengths only, not a Freo fan as well?

[*]Freo goal - from clear hands in the back + clear 50m penalty. Umpiring correct, apart from the extra 50m missed for another runner infringement.
I'm going to have to disagree with you on "clear 50m penalty" with this one. It was directly in front of where I was sitting, as an umpire with something like "hands in the back" when the offending player has taken a mark surely you must give them a moment to register it? White was holding the ball in his outstretched left hand, looked at the umpire and appeared to confirm the player to throw it to (another Freo player was running back after the contest, from memory) and then returned the ball to his right to throw it to his opponent. It wasn't an overly long time, he seemed to be pinged when bringing the ball back into his body to his right hand- I don't really know how he was expected to throw it accurately to the Freo player otherwise.

It was an umpire trying to teach a lesson and get control of a game, pure and simple. If you watched it with an unbiased eye yet still thought that was a clear 50m penalty then I'd question how unbiased that eye was.

It was around 55/60m when looked at in terms of the length of the pitch but more when looking at it as a straight line

If a 50 is paid right on the boundary, the next kick would surely move more towards the centre of the ground, as is what happened with the MDB 50m penalty, otherwise he would have been taking it quite close to the boundary

If you look at the replay the umpire signaled the wrong way, thats why he didnt throw it straight back then he copped a 50/70 for it, ****ing disgraceful

Taghd just needs to learn to give the ****ing ball back and stop ****ing around. I could slap him:mad::mad::mad:

Ballantyne was throwing all the punches but got the free kick.

Goodes goal after being held onto was all class, but we shouldnt have let the game go like that - frustrating as hell but can't blame the umps for two quaters of ill displine.

Will we ever ****ing learn to put the ****ing head over the ball???????:mad::mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That happened to us last year vs Collingwood - it was for a high fend off, which we though was a signal for the free to be ours so we ran off with it - only to get done for a 50m penalty

Annoyed as **** but it happens

should have been just called back, over officiated by smug pricks, well one especially who has no feel for the game and thinks he is the entertainment.
I seen him give an interview once he is a total knob.

Also, if the umpire did signal the wrong way, why was every player in red and white bar Tadgh moving in to our forward line (just watched the replay then and as soon as the whistle went, almost all of the swans players starting running forward to our forward line

He just held and argued with the umpire isntead of throwing it to DeBoer

If we hasn't in possession he would have had no obligation to give the ball back, as that's up to the team in possession/whoever has the kick. Fact is though, he had the ball and didn't make any effort to give it back, after already running away with it and then continued to argue with the umpire

Also, if the umpire did signal the wrong way, why was every player in red and white bar Tadgh moving in to our forward line (just watched the replay then and as soon as the whistle went, almost all of the swans players starting running forward to our forward line

He just held and argued with the umpire isntead of throwing it to DeBoer

If we hasn't in possession he would have had no obligation to give the ball back, as that's up to the team in possession/whoever has the kick. Fact is though, he had the ball and didn't make any effort to give it back, after already running away with it and then continued to argue with the umpire

maybe Im thinking of the White one, but it was obvious he didnt understand common sense should prevail

If you look at the replay the umpire signaled the wrong way, thats why he didnt throw it straight back then he copped a 50/70 for it, ****ing disgraceful

Ummmm I am looking at it right now. The umpire didn't seem to signal the wrong way. He was signally the way he should of, and every other Sydney player seemed to realize which way it was going, so I have NFI what your on about.

I think it was the White one, the gesture for hands in the back (2 hands up, palms out) and the gesture for a paid mark (2 hands up, palms in) are relatively similar without comical push gestures.

So you resort to chopping and changing my post to make yourself feel better. I generally love watching Sydney play, and their supporters. But the amount of whinging is just amazing. Everyone goes through bad umpiring days, you where one of those teams.

Everyone goes through bad umpiring days, you where one of those teams.

agree at least you admit your win was tainted by bad umpiring, the only reason this debate is still going is because some purple and green pillow biters wont admit it, hope we play you in the finals its one we will win.

I think it was the White one, the gesture for hands in the back (2 hands up, palms out) and the gesture for a paid mark (2 hands up, palms in) are relatively similar without comical push gestures.

50/50 decision as previously mentioned. Sydney might be stiff on that one but so was Silvagni getting pinged for encroaching over the mark. If you watch the replay he only moves to where the mark was taken, but that was ahead of where the umpire said it was taken, so he applied the 50. It happens, you move on.

At one stage in the centre square, Zac Clarke was on his hands and knees over the ball and a Sydney player was attempting to remove his head like a bottle top. No free kick, but you won't see us whinging about it. There are plenty of examples of missed/wrong free kicks if you look for them.

50/50 decision as previously mentioned. Sydney might be stiff on that one but so was Silvagni getting pinged for encroaching over the mark. If you watch the replay he only moves to where the mark was taken, but that was ahead of where the umpire said it was taken, so he applied the 50. It happens, you move on.

At one stage in the centre square, Zac Clarke was on his hands and knees over the ball and a Sydney player was attempting to remove his head like a bottle top. No free kick, but you won't see us whinging about it. Plenty of examples of missed/wrong free kicks if you look for them.

The Silvagni one was pretty average he didnt go over the mark yet the ump was still calling him back, but hey it wasnt as costly and Im pretty sure it was a square up.. It shouldnt get to that though (square ups) you see them all the time they should be more professional, it was way over officiated by a wee man who thinks he is the show.

agree at least you admit your win was tainted by bad umpiring, the only reason this debate is still going is because some purple and green pillow biters wont admit it, hope we play you in the finals its one we will win.

I have admitted it in almost every post. I AGREE and ACKNOWLEDGE that Sydney got the rough end of the stick when it came to umpiring decisions. I was just pissed off that no one mentioned the grit and guts that come from the game of football itself. It is such a shame, because it was a great game. Oh well...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back