Preview The leadership vote

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is it?
Will newbies be introduced to the leadership group that haven't been there? Or stick to the status quo?
WHo will be the vice?

It will likely be decided tonight, but probably not announced until they return to training on Monday.
I’m hoping for:
Darcy as captain with four vice captains - Adams, Maynard, Crisp and Howe

It's going to sound odd but after Friday's training session, I want Adams. Nevermind the on field stuff, which was clearly on display. When training finished Taylor came straight over to my son (and several other kids) asked him a heap of questions and whether he wanted a photo.

It sounds trite, but for all of the other guys (except for Mason and Fly) it was clear that they were going through the motions. I'm sure that they had their reasons but Darcy and Jamie already left.

Prior to that day my son didn't know who Adams was. Now him, Mason and Fly are everything. It think for such a big club, sometimes it's the willingness to do the little things that makes a great captain.

It's going to sound odd but after Friday's training session, I want Adams. Nevermind the on field stuff, which was clearly on display. When training finished Taylor came straight over to my son (and several other kids) asked him a heap of questions and whether he wanted a photo.

It sounds trite, but for all of the other guys (except for Mason and Fly) it was clear that they were going through the motions. I'm sure that they had their reasons but Darcy and Jamie already left.

Prior to that day my son didn't know who Adams was. Now him, Mason and Fly are everything. It think for such a big club, sometimes it's the willingness to do the little things that makes a great captain.
I don't want to sound like I'm discrediting the experience of you or your son, but I'd have fan interaction low on my list of criteria for captaincy material.

The reason I say that is because while I've been to only one official open training session, Pendles did one of those quick walk around the edges while holding the hand lazily out for high fives before going inside never to return. Meanwhile every single other player on the list at the time did the full on signing/photos thing.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst argument ever.

I don't want to sound like I'm discrediting the experience of you or your son, but I'd have fan interaction low on my list of criteria for captaincy material.

The reason I say that is because while I've been to only one official open training session, Pendles did one of those quick walk around the edges while holding the hand lazily out for high fives before going inside never to return. Meanwhile every single other player on the list at the time did the full on signing/photos thing.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Worst argument ever.
So you both just straight up ignored the part where I mentioned Adams' on field leadership and that the fan interaction was an additional string to his captaincy bow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back