The Liberal Party - How long? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, unlike other states where the Libs and Nats pretend to have different policies at elections so the Nats can win the farmer vote and the Libs win city votes separately.

The LNP in Qld has to have one set of policies as a singular party. They're appealing to the centre and will leak some votes to PHON and others, but probably cost them one seat at the absolute most to them, but win many more from the centre around the cities. Places like Cairns and Barron River, climate change is a non-negotiable. No serious political party can say it's going to do anything about soaring insurances (or completely un-insurable places) without acknowledging the underlying problem, even if they don't really intend on addressing it.

Much like the Federal Libs. They'll reluctantly acknowledge Climate Change exists and that they have a target, then do nothing about meeting it. Don't want to be seen as stupid, but don't want to sacrifice any $$ to fix a problem.

One of them is going to bring back the SGIO. My money would be on the Nats of the LNP pushing it through. Nats have always been anti-handouts until it's them receiving the handouts/subsidies.

Then hammer the ALP for duplicitous policies or even worse beholden to the greens?

did he really? wow, i'm so out of memory for our ww2 history, my bad, thank you for correcting me!

i do agree though, i think a lot of the historical education is not done particularly well in australia.
Australia is pretty hell bent on cancelling most of Australia’s history to be fair.

Australia is pretty hell bent on cancelling most of Australia’s history to be fair.
Looking back on my schooling the history and English departments presented very contrasting views of WWI. We got Sassoon, Owen and All Quiet on the Western Front on one hand and the Anzac mythology on the other.

Lots is Brit’s died at gallipoli - not at the same ‘per capita’ rate but they downplay it because if tactical failings

The Brits were on the south end of the peninsula where the terrain was a steady incline, unlike where the ANZACs landed which was steep. And the ANZACs held the high ground briefly on April 25 and then left due to confusion. The British never held a position of advantage near Seddulbahir and it was a total failure. Many reasons for one being celebrated and the other being swept under the carpet.

But a lot of British soliders died on the southern tip of the Gallipoli peninsula.

The Brits were on the south end of the peninsula where the terrain was a steady incline, unlike where the ANZACs landed which was steep. And the ANZACs held the high ground briefly on April 25 and then left due to confusion. The British never held a position of advantage near Seddulbahir and it was a total failure. Many reasons for one being celebrated and the other being swept under the carpet.

But a lot of British soliders died on the southern tip of the Gallipoli peninsula.
The can't hang s**t on Churchill rule that applies to Dresden is similarly applied to Gallipoli.

The can't hang s**t on Churchill rule that applies to Dresden is similarly applied to Gallipoli.

Churchill is the primary architect of the Dardenelles campaign and the landing at Gallipoli. I think Australians are entitled to not hold him in great regard looking through an Australian lens. But as Les Carlyon so aptly wrote about Churchill: he was always right about Hitler.

Churchill is the primary architect of the Dardenelles campaign and the landing at Gallipoli. I think Australians are entitled to not hold him in great regard looking through an Australian lens. But as Les Carlyon so aptly wrote about Churchill: he was always right about Hitler.
You'd think being right about Hitler shouldn't really been seen as any achievement but when you consider Menzies' open admiration of him maybe not.

Churchill ****ed up nearly everything he touched in terms of military

Have you been there? It is amazing how small the area Australia operated in is. It is tiny.

Liberals are now losing their minds over labor abandoning the religious freedoms bill.

I'm not sure it is even possible Dutton could be more out of touch.

giphy.gif

Oldie but perfectly encapsulates Dutton and modern day LNP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only one who thinks that the LNP making it easier for them to sue people for defamation when they changed the legislation has actually all blown up in their face as darlings of them and their media partners use the laws to shoot their own feet off repeatedly?

The money being spent on BRS and Lehrman is money which can then not be spent on LNP campaigns.

Reynolds' defamation against Higgins is going to be another one. Where now that Higgins is legally a victim, Reynolds wants to drag her through a trial to admit that she let her be a victim, but that the rape victim said nasty things about her?

Can Linda Reynolds sue Linda Reynolds for defamation for dragging all of this stuff which should have been long forgotten back through the courts another time?

Can't wait for Reynolds to front up to court and say "Yes, she was raped in my office and I wrote a glowing reference for the perpetrator after I found out about it, then I referred her cash payout to a corruption commission, but I'm the real victim here (even though I haven't lost my job or suffered any material damage)"

It surprises me how little we hear of the Krithia battles in this country. I'd never heard of them until I studied a bit of Australian military history at uni.

Yes, I visited in March 2010, and I would encourage anyone who seeks to understand the why and how to visit.

I didn't visit where the Brits were.
And the Landings at Suvla Bay (just to the north of ANZAC Cove) in August 1915 cost 20000 allied casualties, British, Irish and Indian troops

The Nek, Lone Pine and Sari Bair were diversionary attacks to provide for the landings

This is history now, but Howard is the godfather of this mess when he shored up private health without asking for even one bit of reform of this historically rort filled sector.
It’s been tough for successive govts to actually put his right

Exactly how many people are we going to lock up? And of course it means we lock people like Alan Jones and Bruce Lehrmann up.

Bail is supposed to be for minor offenses and where the accursed is not a threat to the community. The guy in Forbes was up on 3 counts of rape, stalking charges and killed a family pet. It is hard to see how he could be granted bail with that rap sheet.

Bail is supposed to be for minor offenses and where the accursed is not a threat to the community. The guy in Forbes was up on 3 counts of rape, stalking charges and killed a family pet. It is hard to see how he could be granted bail with that rap sheet.
So three counts of rape you don't get bail.

What about two counts of rape?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back