The Luke Jackson trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

I've watched plenty of freo games this year. Jackson is a good player but 2 first rounders was too much for a player that wasn't a desperate need.
Underselling his influence. I don't know if anyone excpet perhaps Serong would have more Brownlow votes for Freo than him. I don't rememebr him getting a vote for Melb and he is getting better the longer the season goes.

I've watched plenty of freo games this year. Jackson is a good player but 2 first rounders was too much for a player that wasn't a desperate need.
He is similar to Justin Westhoff at your club. He is tall and skinny. But roams around the ground and occasionally kicks goals

On known information, didn't like this trade from day 1 and still don't.....2 first rounders for a part-time forward and part-time ruckman that freo didn't really need is too much.

Freo needs a proper big key forward not a part-timer.

If Darcy is out the door at the end of this season then I can understand this trade.
He may well be the best young key forward in the game who can also be thrown in the ruck and have an influence if need be.

I do rate Jackson highly and hypothetically would've be happy if say Port paid 2 first rounders for him because we desperately need a long term ruckman. Freo though were spoilt for riches with ruckmen before they decided to get Jackson.

A big need justifies a big price.

I do rate Jackson highly and hypothetically would've be happy if say Port paid 2 first rounders for him because we desperately need a long term ruckman. Freo though were spoilt for riches with ruckmen before they decided to get Jackson.

Yeah but if Jackson’s sole purpose was to be your main ruck then I don’t think he’s worth 2 firsts.

I love this nonsense about the value of a footballer - is he worth 1.3 or 1.9 first round picks?? The question's answered - he's a terrific player (a unicorn indeed) with unlimited upside. The accountants can leave the room, their work is done.

I believe we were able to use two first for Jackson because we had already been stockpiling young players for a few years, which is why Freo's B side (Peel) is doing really well in the WAFL.

I confess I wasn't happy about the trade, but I'm glad to admit I was wrong.

That's got nothing to do with Fremantle, or the current Melbourne team, and is coming up to 15 years ago... but sure, if you're desperate!

Jack Trengove. Cruelled by injury, then delisted.

And Tom Scully. Targeted by a shiny new franchise and traded after a year. Received Jesse Hogan in return, who played so well for us we received a Top 10 pick when we flogged him off to Fremantle Dockers, where he immediately wrote off a car on a bender, was photographed off his nut at a nightclub, and got thrown in the slammer for breaking COVID protocols. Played less than 20 games in two years. In return, we ended up with Stevie May, a two-time All-Australian full back who was instrumental in us winning a flag.

I've never heard of Morabito by the way. Hard to keep track of all of Fremantle's draft failures... there's been a few.
Never heard of Morabito? Tell us you're not really here for the footy without telling us you're not really ....

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your team traded a 1st and future 2nd rounder for Paddy Ryder as a strange comparison

worked pretty well on the weekend against ,i forgot what the team was
Hey champ, how'd the combo go today?

As I said in my original post, if Jackson can't have an impact up forward then the Darcy/Jackson combination doesn't work. Proof today. Smashed in the clearances, no presence up forward.

Freo ain’t winning a flag whilst they waste Jackson as a number two. He will have great games as he’s a great player but week to week it won’t work.
Jackson is not winning us a flag if he plays number one ruck have you actually watched him play??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back