Matildas The Matildas and The 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually hope we play England in the next round. They havent been that great and it would really rally the country around it. It would be huge.

I dont think they are a given to top the group yet. Heck, i doubt they will finish 2nd, probably either be 1st or 3rd for the Lionesses.
Excellent game from the Matilda's, fantastic effort and super proud of them.

I'm going to the England v China game and have a sneaky suspicion China will be heavily supported by the crowd. England are missing so many key players and haven't looked stable at all China would have to win 2-0 to knock them out and I can't see that happening

Woohoo! Bloody Brilliant! Nice to come home feeling so excited after a nights work after seeing that result. After watching Canada on Wednesday night I did not expect us to do them 4-0! by the posts I read sounds like we where superb rather than Canada being crap! Hopefully we keep the form going into the knockout rounds, Looks like Denmark or China either way massive match!

Bit worried about facing England tbh. Could be a Rugby World Cup 2003 repeat. I would not like to see that again

I'm going to the England v China game and have a sneaky suspicion China will be heavily supported by the crowd. England are missing so many key players and haven't looked stable at all China would have to win 2-0 to knock them out and I can't see that happening
Yeah, I did my math wrong.

I thought China lost 2-1 to Denmark, not 1-0. That Red Card for them could easily cost them everything if they win tonight.

Raso will get some good endorsements post WC

I don't think her signing by Real Madrid has been officially announced, but she is meant to be playing for Real Madrid next season. Come a long way since my oldest had a selfie with Raso out in Epping a few years ago when she was with the Brisbane Roar.

Last edited:
27,700 is an extremely disappointing attendance when you haven’t been able to get a ticket for love nor money over the last month.

That said, I dunno where the other 3k are going, Swan St looks as full as I’ve ever seen it.

Interestingly, FIFA lists the maximum attendance at AAMI Park at about 27,706, so that seems to suggest we were very close to full attendance. I think the maximum attendance has been reduced because an entire bay of seats has been reserved for media.

‘Sneaky suspicion?’ it’s a guarantee mate, we have a big chinese population in Adelaide and they would’ve booked tickets from around Australia for the two matches. There’ll be English support but nowhere near comparable.

Interestingly, FIFA lists the maximum attendance at AAMI Park at about 27,706, so that seems to suggest we were very close to full attendance. I think the maximum attendance has been reduced because an entire bay of seats has been reserved for media.
I think after adding the reduced visibility tickets into the mix, the max capacity for AAMI for this tournament is 28870. But yes, a big block is out of action for the media and also around the benches.

I doubt it. There still seems quite a few empty seats at AAMI Park. Think Kerr's absence and the poor performance against Nigeria is reasons for that

Capacity is 28000. Crowd was 27767. Think you are grasping at straws. I didn't see more than a handful of empty seats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crazy finish to the USA game with Portugal hitting the post. Bit surprised the USA didn't try and shut it down late and played so open, bringing on a striker late.

I don't think her signing by Real Madrid has been officially announced, but she is meant to be playing for Real Madrid next season. Come a long way since my oldest had a selfie with Raso out in Epping a few years ago when she was with the Brisbane Roar.

It was announced about 2-3 weeks ago. If you look at Real Madrid C.F. social media profile over the past 24 hrs there's a bunch of posts with pictures of Raso on there.

Geech, the Yanks were very very lucky. They were a post away from going home

They are not playing like the World Champs. Their media are getting stuck into them for that performance. 99% chance they have Sweden next. Gotta say, I think Sweden will be very confident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back