Matildas The Matildas and The 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

So would Canada
So would Denmark
So would France
Canada game was a surprise.
Denmark game went the way I thought it would.
France game went the way I thought it would for us to win (win on pens).
I suspect we'll have to 0-0 and beat England on pens to win through as well.

The pro Aussie crowds have been massive so far. Almost like playing with an extra player.

England's Lauren James received a 2 match penalty against Nigeria which will include the next game against us.

I read somewhere on here that someone posted that it resets in the semis is that right?

Would love for her to miss as she is great.
Suspension can’t be reset. She’s out

England's Lauren James received a 2 match penalty against Nigeria which will include the next game against us.

I read somewhere on here that someone posted that it resets in the semis is that right?

Suspensions don't get reset. Lingering cards do get reset

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yellow cards are wiped out but red card related sanctions still stand.

Last edited:
So with Australia taking on England in the 2nd semi final, it's worth reminding the English that there's no such thing as a moral victory with a place in the World Cup Final on the line.
If it goes to pens we should kick one in while the keeper isn’t looking 😏

What a stark contrast to that video of Rapinoe where she can’t even look at the boy as she dismissively signs the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But australia won and we play next week. the usa lost and the players career was over. Its not exactly like for like.

ps. Its a shirt. It was a Nice act but giving away a shirt is not the most selfless act. She will get another one in 3 days time.

This made me cry, such a beautiful moment, she will remember it forever

Until you go to games and see dozens, even hundreds of entitled, snot nosed kids with signs asking them for something.

You’re there for them to entertain you, not to assuage your entitlement. Dunno why athletes started giving jerseys or boots to those kids, give them to the kids with good enough manners to not ask.

Not sure this women's soccer thing will catch on tbh...

There's always one of course...

F3VIGlHaMAAqXKn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back