Competition The McInnes Prize For Season 35 - Oh Come All Ye Shoopers

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey CursingFijian, you are a fine specimen, I'm sure you'll judge well.

Oh, how careless, seems I've dropped something.. You may as well have it- finders keepers ;)

Bored Season 5 GIF by The Office

Entrant Ten - tony
JWS Magazine.png

American Bear

Celebrating JWS, All Man, All Bear.

tony

Heads up entrants, the adjudication process is now underway. These things take time if done properly so stay tuned as before too long one of you will join the pantheon of shooping greats.

Heads up entrants, the adjudication process is now underway. These things take time if done properly so stay tuned as before too long one of you will join the pantheon of shooping greats.
can you remind me what I will be winning, other than everyone's adoration

can you remind me what I will be winning, other than everyone's adoration
If only there was some sort of post in this thread that had that sort of information???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does someone need to be badged up for this Bobbo?
Judges are still deliberating, stand by. Your call is important to us.

Judges are still deliberating, stand by. Your call is important to us.
I hope I am not too early to get up on stage for my acceptance speech Tonga Bob
but thankyou all and I am a worthy winner, slay

TOAST.jpg

Remember Me???
mcinnes header.JPG

Thought I'd forgotten about this hey?

Well fear not art lovers! I have some bad news and some good news. The bad news is that the quality of entries was so staggering that the decision to choose one above the others drove the incumbent judge to the brink of insanity. He had a good run though. The good news is however that league administrator and previous McInnes Prize winner Kennedy Parker has stepped into the breach and has managed to sort the wheat from the chaff to come up with a new winner. Insanity was never a problem for him!

So stay tuned as the McInnes Prize for season 35 is finally announced. Sometime this week.

View attachment 1775832

Thought I'd forgotten about this hey?

Well fear not art lovers! I have some bad news and some good news. The bad news is that the quality of entries was so staggering that the decision to choose one above the others drove the incumbent judge to the brink of insanity. He had a good run though. The good news is however that league administrator and previous McInnes Prize winner Kennedy Parker has stepped into the breach and has managed to sort the wheat from the chaff to come up with a new winner. Insanity was never a problem for him!

So stay tuned as the McInnes Prize for season 35 is finally announced. Sometime this week.
Excited Wake Up GIF by Originals

Season 35 Results
mcinnes header.JPG

And now the time has come to see who will join the shooperati elite as the season 35 McInnes Prize is announced. Our judge Kennedy Parker this afternoon had a final inspection of the ten entries, and has settled on an order.

Over to you KP...
s35 entries.png

10. Entrant Ten - American Bear - tony
In last place I have ranked American Bear by tony, an image of a large shirtless man represented as JoshWoodenSpoon is genuine nightmare fuel and gives me flashbacks to an infamous JWS post that was a significant impediment to this site's goal of maximising revenue and profit for the shareholders of Big Interest Group, LLC.

9. Entrant Three - I Shot The Vigilante. But I Didn't Shoot The Deputy - kananooks
There must have been a clerical error here. We seem to have accepted an entry from an alias account...

8. Entrant Five - Turbo Framed - Tigerturbulance
Coming in 8th place is Turbo Framed by Tigerturbulance. I see he has put in as much effort in this entry as he did for his cover of 'Okey Doesn't Goal' on Mobbs night. I don't know what's larger here, Turbo's physique or the pixels in the image.

7. Entrant Eight - BAT TONS UP YET AGAIN! - BLUEALLTHRU
The image shows BAT hunched over with a cricket bat in hand, the caption suggests that BAT has made yet another 100 match thread posts in a week. I've picked this in seventh place, mainly because it is so unrealistic. In the image, BAT looks tired after raising the ton. In reality, he does not get tired after a mere 100 posts, he could easily keep going to 300-400 posts in a week without breaking a sweat.

6. Entrant Six - Nigel, the Royal Budgerigar - Cadsky
I couldn't really tell the relevance of this image initially and had planned to put this much lower in the rankings... Then I realised! This is a picture of the next SFA Admin! I think Cadsky is a great chance of becoming the GM of Qooty Operations with such an exquisite visual representation of Nigel, the Royal Budgerigar - S37 SFA Admin.

5. Entrant One - Roving Bob - Grav
This is a pretty decent shoop that represents the Swamprats in a post-match interview. You can tell that is EXTREMELY out of date because the score actually shows the Swampies ahead on the scoreboard and okeydoke7 kicking goals. It's okay, but depressingly unrealistic.

4. Entrant Two - Love The Hate, Time and Sweet FA Person of the Year - Elton Johns Wig
This is amazing! It praises Hate for his brilliant contribution to the league, it is relevant, well-executed, beautiful and factually correct in stating that Hate is responsible for the greatest resource in SFA history. But unfortunately, for EJW, the lack of attention to detail holds him back. The top right corner shows it is an edition of Time for December 2020, Hate only created Sweet FA+ in 2022.

3. Entrant Nine - Sun Ra does time, the SFA way via Sidney Nolan - Sun Ra
It is weirdly enchanting to see Sun Ra represented as Ned Kelly, an outlaw, symbolising Sun Ra's run ins with the SFA rules wander through the SFA in the stylings of Sidney Nolan. I have this in the top 3 because it is a painting that tells a story. Not a story that I would read, but one that I would probably watch the movie of.

2. Entrant Four - The Qooty Herald - Dinsdale
This is fantastic work by Dinsdale and should probably be a media thread. It is humorous, references Qooty, happenings in the league and pokes fun at various league tropes and characters. A truly great piece, but I'm concerned that this will not appeal to the masses of the SFA audience because you see, there are a lot of words here. And the majority of people in the SFA are illiterate buffoon so therefore will likely get bored without ever giving it a thorough read.

1. Entrant Seven - A Talonted Defence (8 out of 10 Falcons Does Countdown) - Falconista
This is a representation of Falconista's successful tribunal defence in the format of a game show. With a clever title and a relevant reference to a rare moment when a captain actually gets 'acquitted' at the tribunal, Falconista has done one better than last season's runner up spot to take out the prize this year. I think what really does it for me is seeing TheInjuryFactory's despondent expression in the background as another captain AVOIDS penalty.

1692169085068.png

Mazel tov to you Falconista for being adjudged as the season 35 McInnes Prize winner! Your prize of one (1) Official McInnes Prize badge will be awarded to you if and/or when badges have received their final zero current initialisation. Heartfelt thanks to Kennedy Parker for stepping into the judge's shoes and casting your discerning eye over the entries. A massive thank you also to everyone who submitted an entry in season 35, they're all deserving of victory even though most of them didn't but the good news is the McInnes Prize will saddle up again this season so you will have another opportunity to get your shoop on. And finally, thanks to me for finishing this thread.

Seeya soon aesthetes!​

View attachment 1775956

And now the time has come to see who will join the shooperati elite as the season 35 McInnes Prize is announced. Our judge Kennedy Parker this afternoon had a final inspection of the ten entries, and has settled on an order.

Over to you KP...
View attachment 1775975

10. Entrant Ten - American Bear - tony
In last place I have ranked American Bear by tony, an image of a large shirtless man represented as JoshWoodenSpoon is genuine nightmare fuel and gives me flashbacks to an infamous JWS post that was a significant impediment to this site's goal of maximising revenue and profit for the shareholders of Big Interest Group, LLC.

9. Entrant Three - I Shot The Vigilante. But I Didn't Shoot The Deputy - kananooks
There must have been a clerical error here. We seem to have accepted an entry from an alias account...

8. Entrant Five - Turbo Framed - Tigerturbulance
Coming in 8th place is Turbo Framed by Tigerturbulance. I see he has put in as much effort in this entry as he did for his cover of 'Okey Doesn't Goal' on Mobbs night. I don't know what's larger here, Turbo's physique or the pixels in the image.

7. Entrant Eight - BAT TONS UP YET AGAIN! - BLUEALLTHRU
The image shows BAT hunched over with a cricket bat in hand, the caption suggests that BAT has made yet another 100 match thread posts in a week. I've picked this in seventh place, mainly because it is so unrealistic. In the image, BAT looks tired after raising the ton. In reality, he does not get tired after a mere 100 posts, he could easily keep going to 300-400 posts in a week without breaking a sweat.

6. Entrant Six - Nigel, the Royal Budgerigar - Cadsky
I couldn't really tell the relevance of this image initially and had planned to put this much lower in the rankings... Then I realised! This is a picture of the next SFA Admin! I think Cadsky is a great chance of becoming the GM of Qooty Operations with such an exquisite visual representation of Nigel, the Royal Budgerigar - S37 SFA Admin.

5. Entrant One - Roving Bob - Grav
This is a pretty decent shoop that represents the Swamprats in a post-match interview. You can tell that is EXTREMELY out of date because the score actually shows the Swampies ahead on the scoreboard and okeydoke7 kicking goals. It's okay, but depressingly unrealistic.

4. Entrant Two - Love The Hate, Time and Sweet FA Person of the Year - Elton Johns Wig
This is amazing! It praises Hate for his brilliant contribution to the league, it is relevant, well-executed, beautiful and factually correct in stating that Hate is responsible for the greatest resource in SFA history. But unfortunately, for EJW, the lack of attention to detail holds him back. The top right corner shows it is an edition of Time for December 2020, Hate only created Sweet FA+ in 2022.

3. Entrant Nine - Sun Ra does time, the SFA way via Sidney Nolan - Sun Ra
It is weirdly enchanting to see Sun Ra represented as Ned Kelly, an outlaw, symbolising Sun Ra's run ins with the SFA rules wander through the SFA in the stylings of Sidney Nolan. I have this in the top 3 because it is a painting that tells a story. Not a story that I would read, but one that I would probably watch the movie of.

2. Entrant Four - The Qooty Herald - Dinsdale
This is fantastic work by Dinsdale and should probably be a media thread. It is humorous, references Qooty, happenings in the league and pokes fun at various league tropes and characters. A truly great piece, but I'm concerned that this will not appeal to the masses of the SFA audience because you see, there are a lot of words here. And the majority of people in the SFA are illiterate buffoon so therefore will likely get bored without ever giving it a thorough read.

1. Entrant Seven - A Talonted Defence (8 out of 10 Falcons Does Countdown) - Falconista
This is a representation of Falconista's successful tribunal defence in the format of a game show. With a clever title and a relevant reference to a rare moment when a captain actually gets 'acquitted' at the tribunal, Falconista has done one better than last season's runner up spot to take out the prize this year. I think what really does it for me is seeing TheInjuryFactory's despondent expression in the background as another captain AVOIDS penalty.

View attachment 1775983

Mazel tov to you Falconista for being adjudged as the season 35 McInnes Prize winner! Your prize of one (1) Official McInnes Prize badge will be awarded to you if and/or when badges have received their final zero current initialisation. Heartfelt thanks to Kennedy Parker for stepping into the judge's shoes and casting your discerning eye over the entries. A massive thank you also to everyone who submitted an entry in season 35, they're all deserving of victory even though most of them didn't but the good news is the McInnes Prize will saddle up again this season so you will have another opportunity to get your shoop on. And finally, thanks to me for finishing this thread.

Seeya soon aesthetes!​
office rage GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back