Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Every breed of dog is awesome and some might have a drawback or two but it doesn't stop them being great if they're loved and trained right.

Except Jack Russells. Can't think of something that's as close to a spawn of Satan as Jack Russells. fu** Jack Russells.

lol my son has a Tenterfield Terrier, constantly torn whether I want to show it affection or kick him :p

loving and loyal and then just turns satanic at the flick of a switch

ABC Adelaide for the next half hour topic? “Why is the Power so bad when it really counts?” That’s more like it.

Well at least it got them off discussing which of them makes the best scones, which was their inane topic of discussion all of last week.

ABC Adelaide mornings used to be a semi serious station with discussion of news etc. but has turned into a self absorbed station only your knitting nana could love. Lots of crow love of course which fits the scone making demographic to a tee.

Heh heh - Crows fans, in particular Stupid, will be aghast at the news that Sam 'Scoop' McClure has won the AFL equivalent of the Gold Walkley with his story on the Taylor Walker Racism Scandal (he actually shares it with Caro and her story about Clarko leaving Hawthorn).

No love for Mick Warner apparently - mustn't rock the boat that pours the gravy too much...

Last edited:
Heh heh - Crows fans, in particular Stupid, will be aghast at the news that Sam 'Scoop' McClure has won the AFL equivalent of the Gold Walkley with his story on the Taylor Walker Racism Scandal (he actually shares it with Caro and her story about Clarko leaving Hawthorn).

No love for Mick Warner apparently - mustn't rock the boat that pours the gravy too much...

Not sure if it was the same guy, but didn’t a journo also win an award for their story about the camp a couple of years ago. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw this thread had been bumped and opened it hoping to see some heat being applied to the club in the media. All i got was Sam McClure winning an award and Matthew Richardson carrying on as if nothing had happened saturday night.

Haha - ABC WA Sports Talk finally got Gilligan for an interview after requesting one every week for the past 58 weeks. First question was about the Tom Wills revelations that came out this morning, which flummoxed McLacklan somewhat - I suspect they may be waiting another year or more for their next interview, if he hasn't already vacated the chair before then.

Haha - ABC WA Sports Talk finally got Gilligan for an interview after requesting one every week for the past 58 weeks. First question was about the Tom Wills revelations that came out this morning, which flummoxed McLacklan somewhat - I suspect they may be waiting another year or more for their next interview, if he hasn't already vacated the chair before then.

You mean it does make you think that it actually is a national competition.

There really is a groundswell starting isn't there? Listing to Roo and Ditts the other morning, they had that idiot Basil on. Basil, when asked about having the Grand Final shared around went down the diplomatic path, "we feel for our Victorian cousins blah blah" to which Roo, to his credit basically said * em!

Their corrupt contract will come under further scrutiny. The fact Gillian said contracts can be revisited is telling...

Papa G been banging on about this for a while...others late to the party.

There really is a groundswell starting isn't there? Listing to Roo and Ditts the other morning, they had that idiot Basil on. Basil, when asked about having the Grand Final shared around went down the diplomatic path, "we feel for our Victorian cousins blah blah" to which Roo, to his credit basically said fu** em!

Their corrupt contract will come under further scrutiny. The fact Gillian said contracts can be revisited is telling...

The initial 40 year one that originally ended in 2032 and was renegotiated to 2037 because of the removal of forcing non Vic teams to play "home" PF's at the MCG probably can't be renegotiated because its all tied up with repayment of loans to build the Great Southern Stand and then redevelopment of the northern stands when the MCC took out loans to do that.

When I say can't, I meant wont, will be very difficult as would probably require a buy out of the contract by the AFL to pay off the loans the MCC took out.

The extra 20 years to 2057 is about the Vic government giving $500m to the AFL, roughly 45% to redevelop Docklands and 55% for development of several ovals as well as facilities upgrade monies across Victoria. That is more likely to be renegotiated.

This story has some of details of the 55% and links detailing more specifics on the 55%.

There really is a groundswell starting isn't there? Listing to Roo and Ditts the other morning, they had that idiot Basil on. Basil, when asked about having the Grand Final shared around went down the diplomatic path, "we feel for our Victorian cousins blah blah" to which Roo, to his credit basically said fu** em!

I'm quite happy for them to keep adding another year to the MCG contract each time the GF is played elsewhere, just so long as it can be played elsewhere from time to time - and not just because of Covid.

The initial 40 year one that originally ended in 2032 and was renegotiated to 2037 because of the removal of forcing non Vic teams to play "home" PF's at the MCG probably can't be renegotiated because its all tied up with repayment of loans to build the Great Southern Stand and then redevelopment of the northern stands when the MCC took out loans to do that.

When I say can't, I meant wont, will be very difficult as would probably require a buy out of the contract by the AFL to pay off the loans the MCC took out.

The extra 20 years to 2057 is about the Vic government giving $500m to the AFL, roughly 45% to redevelop Docklands and 55% for development of several ovals as well as facilities upgrade monies across Victoria. That is more likely to be renegotiated.

This story has some of details of the 55% and links detailing more specifics on the 55%.

$500 mill is ******* peanuts. This why it is such a corrupt deal. NSW govt is forking out $2 billion to upgrade Rugby League infrastructure for a 25 year GF deal.

I'm quite happy for them to keep adding another year to the MCG contract each time the GF is played elsewhere, just so long as it can be played elsewhere from time to time - and not just because of Covid.

I've said it many times before but the AFL GF should be used as a carrot to improve stadia around Oz, just like the NFL have done so with the Super Bowl, negotiating with city and/or state governments that if they help build new stadiums they will bring the Super Bowl to town.

You don't need to accommodate the 22,000 MCC members for a GF and most of the AFL members who get rights to the GF, so a 70k stadium would do the job financially for the AFL. The exception re AFL members is Collingwood who have about 13,000 AFL Members with Collingwood club support. The next highest club is around 7k.

So that means if we had 70k stadiums in Perth, Adelaide, Sydney and Brisbane you could easily rotate them around so that the MCG has the GF say 5 or 6 years out of every decade.

If that was the case the Gabba upgrade or a new stadium with capacity of 70k would have been submitted as part of the Brisbane Olympic bid.

$500 mill is ******* peanuts. This why it is such a corrupt deal. NSW govt is forking out $2 billion to upgrade Rugby League infrastructure for a 25 year GF deal.

Maybe they can get some tips from the Feds on how they stiffed the Frenchies with the submarines contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back