Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

smithy7

Premium Platinum
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A bit of trivia, but it's the right thread for it ;), my distant relatives on my mother's side of the family came to this country from Ireland in the 1840's on a ship named the `Marquess of Bute.'
So they came out on a Scottish named vessel ... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So they came out on a Scottish named vessel ... ;)
Unfortunately it gets worse ;), my 2x great grandfather married an English woman in Manchester, which I suspect wouldn't have gone down well in county Armagh :rolleyes:, and definitely didn't with relatives from the mid north of SA., who until quite recently thought they came from 100% Irish stock.

Butters Made Me Do It

secretly Portia, ssh
Mar 16, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Sack Hinkleys
I also have one Irish ancestor, born in Athlone, County Westmeath!

...daughter of two Yorkies, at a time when Athlone was a town of importance to the British military. And she came to Australia.

IRISH PRIDE T’BE SURE FIDDLE DEE DEE

OneGreatClub

Hall of Famer
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dwayne must be one of the worst interviewers there is. Just interviewed Amon.
Asks a question and then before the player has a chance to answer Dwayne gives what HE believes the answer to be in a convoluted fashion. What a big head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grave Danger

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Asks a question and then before the player has a chance to answer Dwayne gives what HE believes the answer to be in a convoluted fashion. What a big head.

God gave him two ears and only one mouth. So he's making up for that.

Ford Fairlane

Feb 21, 2002
Port Adelaide 5015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies

GremioPower

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"
May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA) [last: Rockville, MD (USA)]
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Cleveland Indian

PowerBaz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nice to hear Roo mention they will smack Richmond tomb night, mentioned Richmond are playing a real team tomorrow night unlike the last team they beat here....

OneGreatClub

Hall of Famer
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nice to hear Roo mention they will smack Richmond tomb night, mentioned Richmond are playing a real team tomorrow night unlike the last team they beat here....
And, fortunately for them Richmond are even worse off than they were when they played us. Full strength Crows playing Tigers versus baby Port playing them. They darn well should win. Still, we should have beaten them a few weeks back.
Crows have a cruisy run home.
Our fixture has turned out to be pretty hard with the double ups.
With the changes in ladder position every year the sooner we play every team twice, one away and one at home, the better.

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The more attention I give to that guy, the clearer it gets that he's a raging egomaniac.

chiwigi

I’ll make tears from your Wines.
Apr 9, 2009
Port Adelaide Zone
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There should be no "men" category. It should be "open."
This is true, regardless she was unregistered.

I am sure the same reason why an open category can't exist....INSURANCE! If the player can't be insured, they can't play, regardless of the desire.

This protects the player themselves and more importantly the clubs, league and opponents. The player could choose to play uninsured, but that would not be fair on those who may end up being liable.

Top Bottom