Certified Legendary Thread The Medical Sub blunder - What the hell?

Remove this Banner Ad

He likely wouldn't have been jabbed at all prior to getting the call he had to play. He wasn't strapped or in his gear, they didn't want him to play at all, that's why it took so long for him to get out there and why he wasn't even warmed up.

Had him sitting on the bench hoping he wouldn't need to do anything.
This is what’s mind boggling to me. Did we came with a plan to have a med sub, to do nothing at all, hoping for no footy injuries to occur?
What kind of AFL match is it without any chance of bloody injuries??

As a side issue, this would have been the perfect time to try Chayce Jones as a sub. Playing in his home ground, and his leg speed would have been an advantage against tired opponents. I guess it’s easier to say in hindsight, but seriously, if knowing Lynch was like what he was, any other of our listed players would have done a better Sub job!

Also to add l, McPherson went off first looking pretty bad and yet no one thought about telling lynch to get ready at that moment either??

Nicks isn’t the right bloke for this group

This is what’s mind boggling to me. Did we came with a plan to have a med sub, to do nothing at all, hoping for no footy injuries to occur?
What kind of AFL match is it without any chance of bloody injuries??
That's the only reasoning I can see. Didn't use it in any of our last 4 games, so figured we could make it 5.

Also to add l, McPherson went off first looking pretty bad and yet no one thought about telling lynch to get ready at that moment either??

Nicks isn’t the right bloke for this group
From a team management perspective, it should really be up to the medicos to relay the information to the Med Sub. Nicks shouldn’t really have much of a say on when a Med Sub should be activated.

The blame sits with Nick's in my view for picking him. In Lynch's defence clearly he didn't think he was going to play.

Poor explanation from Kelly, he should be better than that. A whole lot of waffle.

From a team management perspective, it should really be up to the medicos to relay the information to the Med Sub. Nicks shouldn’t really have much of a say on when a Med Sub should be activated.

Shouldn’t have selected an injured senior player who hasn’t trained in weeks in a rebuilding phase in the first place

Shouldn’t have selected an injured senior player who hasn’t trained in weeks in a rebuilding phase in the first place
You can then also argue why did the medicos or fitness staff pass him to play? But your point is valid and I agree also.

This was a complete fail. That statement from Kelly is spin, the type we've come to know from this club since Burton arrived

Surely after this, Lynch will be forced to have a spell to rest his toe? Now that his injury concerns are public, we can't try to hide them through the use of painkillers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a side thought, is Lynch the first ever Med Sub to get some analgesic jab/tablets prior to entering the field as an activated Sub? What the..

Having a fresh pair of legs with a few minutes to go in that 3rd quarter could’ve been a real advantage to us. Not to mention the beginning of the last. Instead of turning the medical sub into what would’ve been a competitive advantage to us - for no reason at all, we turned it into a disadvantage. Appalling. Inexcusable. Pathetic.

As a side thought, is Lynch the first ever Med Sub to get some analgesic jab/tablets prior to entering the field as an activated Sub? What the..
There is absolute zero chance that the analgesic jab took effect. He came on for starters with less than 10minutes to go in the game and took the jab before coming in.

Crows Club Doctors is going to come under scrutiny.

To be honest, I didn't even questioned when Lynch was made the sub because I thought he would have done his normal preparation and been jab pre game and prepare to come on anytime as the sub.

Forget the unprofessionalism of the club. Lynch himself showed extreme unprofessionalism.

We're talking a 150 game experienced leadership group player. He didn't even have his boots on ready to go. Or a jumper. Or anything. He absolutely 100% should have known better. He should have been prepared to do the team thing and play immediately from the opening bounce.

How could a team leader be such a stunned mullett when his call up came?

But he was in the best 18 for those weeks when he wasn't been training so he was made the sub this week because we wanted to debut Thilthorpe, shouldn't have selected him last week due to form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back