Women's Footy AFLW and MFC Women's General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

**** Fremantle are really starting to piss me off. At least their supporters aren't as passionate about women's footy like us, otherwise they'd be here gloating about it, like they tend to do with rumours

I am proud we were able to bring Roosy on board our club. I don't understand the general disdain for him on BigFooty (I know, I know).

He was a champion player, a champion coach and has helped us immensely in our hour of need. I'll be bloody sad during his final game and I would like nothing more than to give him the proper send off he deserves by thumping the Cats.

Anyway, my preference long-term would be to have a woman coach the women's team, but in the interim it'd be great if Paul was coaching. It'd be also great if we just created a 'head of development' role and he could take on a sort of consulting role with both men and women's sides.

I am proud we were able to bring Roosy on board our club. I don't understand the general disdain for him on BigFooty (I know, I know).

He was a champion player, a champion coach and has helped us immensely in our hour of need. I'll be bloody sad during his final game and I would like nothing more than to give him the proper send off he deserves by thumping the Cats.

Anyway, my preference long-term would be to have a woman coach the women's team, but in the interim it'd be great if Paul was coaching. It'd be also great if we just created a 'head of development' role and he could take on a sort of consulting role with both men and women's sides.
I agree ultimately it should be a woman, but what a great idea. And involving the master of the succession plan. Even better.

And I agree with the general sentiment about being proud he came to our club.

Featuring Daisy Peace (Melbourne), Maj. General Simon Wilkie (AFL Commission), Libby Gorr, Tami Roos.

That quote at the end...dreaming of the first AFL Female Premiership...bloody hell, hearing it did send shivers down my spine. I'd celebrate one of those bloody hard.

Am so proud our club (and the bulldogs deserve a mention) is at the forefront of this . We have come a long way since the "worst club in football history" .

Melbourne have confirmed that their Community Manager, Debbie Lee, will take up the role of Women's Football Operations Manager.

Debbie was formerly the VWFL President, a 300 game legend of the VWFL and is the current coach of the VU Western Spurs in the VFL Women's comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

women's marquee players have been announced. Our two are Daisy Pearce (Shocked) and Mel Hickey. AFL.com has posted their info
Daisy Pearce
Midfielder
Melbourne captain from 2013
Selection 1 in the 2013 draft
Captain of the Darebin Falcons in the VWFL
8 x premiership player
4 x Victorian representative
4 x All Australian
6 x VWFL premier division best and fairest
Day job: Works for Melbourne as an intern
Pearce is an intelligent footballer, a quick decision-maker and effective user by hand or foot. She frequently runs her opposition off their legs with her elite endurance and work ethic. She is the most decorated player in the game.

Mel Hickey
Defender
Selection 11 in the 2013 draft
3 x Victorian representative
4 x premiership player with Darebin Falcons
2 x All-Australian
Day job: Fitness consultant
Hickey is one of the best defenders in the women's game and represented Melbourne three times in exhibition matches. Aggressively attacks the ball and tries to hurt her opponent by running off and attacking at any opportunity.

Am disappointed we didn't sign Chelsea Randall. A favourite player of mine
Targeting generals in two areas isn't a bad idea. Means that if she plays 3 years then retires we have the marquee slot back.

A suggestion for mods. Women's footy have priority picks coming up, then draft, announcements of details of the season, coaches, pre season, etc. Is it worth a sub forum of its own? Carlton board set one up, seems time.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

A suggestion for mods. Women's footy have priority picks coming up, then draft, announcements of details of the season, coaches, pre season, etc. Is it worth a sub forum of its own? Carlton board set one up, seems time.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
Probably will get more attention in its own threads rather than a sub board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back