Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

BT

Just shocking
I reckon he's aware of the criticism and deliberately ramps up the rubbish just to stick the middle finger up. Tonight's performance (literally a performance) was excremental.

The scary thing is that there's someone at Seven who reckons he's what people want from a commentator.

I reckon he's aware of the criticism and deliberately ramps up the rubbish just to stick the middle finger up. Tonight's performance (literally a performance) was excremental.

The scary thing is that there's someone at Seven who reckons he's what people want from a commentator.

Like seriously I thought the concept was to always win

In that last 3 minutes his mathematical gymnastics had the Cats kicking for a Draw.

No they needed to kick a goal to tie and then something more to win

In that last 3 minutes his mathematical gymnastics had the Cats kicking for a Draw.

It was the constant barracking for the Cats to get back in the game that got me. It didn't matter that they did. From the second quarter onward he would have said something like "Richo, I've just got a feeling about the Cats" at least two dozen times. OK fine. Say it once and then just call the friggin' game!

It was the constant barracking for the Cats to get back in the game that got me. It didn't matter that they did. From the second quarter onward he would have said something like "Richo, I've just got a feeling about the Cats" at least two dozen times. OK fine. Say it once and then just call the friggin' game!

Keep all eyes on the tv at all costs

BT

Just shocking

Keep all eyes on the tv at all costs
As I’ve posted before someone ITK has told me that BT and his overlords treat football as ‘entertainment’ and that is their goal to provide entertaining commentary, it sucks because it just highlights the commodification of football, a product that gets sliced and diced and generates so much verbal diarrhoea all to entertain the masses. How about we just play footy and enjoy the game without all the BS BT?

What happened there? Assume drugs or suicide?
Most major news outlets get training nowadays on reporting the latter, informed by data that shows once you publish the cause of death in this kind of short form piece, it’s likely to lead to copycats.

If a story like this doesn’t suggest any cause of death, odds are it’s because they’ve made this kind of editorial decision.

I remember when they used to go on about the umpires "clearly wanting to make the game all about themselve". For one, that sure died off quickly, almost as if the afl told them to knock it the f*ck off because its hard enough to get people to umpire this game. But also, the ******* catch phrases, soap box rants, continuous me me me bullshit that comes from BT, the gaul to suggest the umpire is the one making it about themselves.

That Matt Hill bloke, he's good though.

As I’ve posted before someone ITK has told me that BT and his overlords treat football as ‘entertainment’ and that is their goal to provide entertaining commentary, it sucks because it just highlights the commodification of football, a product that gets sliced and diced and generates so much verbal diarrhoea all to entertain the masses. How about we just play footy and enjoy the game without all the BS BT?

Wondering who finds it entertaining?

A lot of celebrating from Ken Hinkley on the sidelines last night.

Will Caro go after him like she did with Clarko?

I am tipping he copped it all night from that behind that dugout area which is odd because all they seem to be able to do on that side of the ground is offer polite country applause

I think it's a bit of that and also the fact that there isn't much else around, not to mention the contracts that have already been signed. You're not wrong, he is terrible, the constant stuffing up of names, the manufactured excitement...the list goes on. But he's more than likely under contract. We could go back to the mid 90's and endure Russell Morris' and Richard Osborne's boundary riding. I've heard more intelligence watching Here's Humphrey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeremy Cameron, delayed concussion, any chance ? weird how he wasn't taken off for assessment after the vision of his bonce hitting the turf pretty hard, and the doctor not insisting he leave the field, thought there were supposed to be independant doctor's in the arc keeping an eye out for such incidents.

I think it's a bit of that and also the fact that there isn't much else around, not to mention the contracts that have already been signed. You're not wrong, he is terrible, the constant stuffing up of names, the manufactured excitement...the list goes on. But he's more than likely under contract. We could go back to the mid 90's and endure Russell Morris' and Richard Osborne's boundary riding. I've heard more intelligence watching Here's Humphrey.
5 year contract he’s the senior commentator so gets precedence on any call so any BIG moments in the game the other commentators have to defer to him

A lot of celebrating from Ken Hinkley on the sidelines last night.

Will Caro go after him like she did with Clarko?
Looked like it was targeted - wondering if someone behind them was giving him lip.

King trying to get his Daniel Wells moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back