Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Man, Umpiring is so inconsistent.

Saints player tackled trying to take on the tackler, given probably a good 6-8 seconds to get rid of it, uncomfortably long time for a tackle to hang on. Ball eventually gets dropped and kicked for a legal disposal, right into a player next to them.

That player then picks up the ball and is tackled, umps blow the whistle after probably 1.5s and call for a ball up.

Last edited:
I don't care about St Kilda but when Membrey took that mark the ump set a bloke on the mark, called "stand" and then allowed the bont to walk casually through the mark without and opponent along side him. The ump actually spoke to bont as he strolled through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Used to be at least passable as a play-by-play, but i'm unsure what exactly he offers these days.
What's funniest is that he hasn't commentated with any enthusiasm whatsoever, almost like he himself is genuinely unimpressed this isn't a closer game. Unbelievably pathetic. He's a giant child. Have actually thought Daisy Thomas has been the most insightful of all of the commentary team, inclusive of Selwood who still sounds like he has or is being dropped on his head by Channel 7 producers during the ad breaks.

What's funniest is that he hasn't commentated with any enthusiasm whatsoever, almost like he himself is genuinely unimpressed this isn't a closer game. Unbelievably pathetic. He's a giant child. Have actually thought Daisy Thomas has been the most insightful of all of the commentary team, inclusive of Selwood who still sounds like he has or is being dropped on his head by Channel 7 producers during the ad breaks.
Yep, Daisy was who I was referencing in my previous post.
BT asked what happens next week if Jamara is fit.
Put forward that there would be a serious conversation as to whether Lobb stays in over Jamara if he's fit next week, as Lobb has looked really good and for their structure.
BT basically did the verbal version of twisting Daisys arm behind his back until he said what BT wanted to hear: "Jamara in, Lobb Out"

Giant ******* child.

I don't care about St Kilda but when Membrey took that mark the ump set a bloke on the mark, called "stand" and then allowed the bont to walk casually through the mark without and opponent along side him. The ump actually spoke to bont as he strolled through.
That whole protected zone has gone out the window.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back