Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sports betting apps are a trap.

I like a bet, not big money. I've got an account but I rarely use it now as I find if I've got money in it I'll sit on it on a Saturday night after a few drinks, betting on the Dapto dogs till it's all gone. Now I go to the TAB once a week and put my bets on.

I’m the opposite. I have a base amount I muck around with and whatever goes over that I take out and usually give it to the mrs. When I go below I top up. It feels like real money when you use it like a bank.

I very much doubt Eddy paid off the rumoured debt. You don't get as rich as he is by throwing away 100's of thousands like that.

Now, do I think he might have HELPED sort the debt out somehow? Sure. A favour here and there, restructuring the debt (gone from pay us X by monday or we take a kneecap to Y a month for the next Z years), promises a job after footy to keep the income going etc etc.

On the other hand, we know how rumours are. Could be some smoke to the fire but instead of Beam's house burning down he might just be having a spliff on the porch.

Yeah Eddy is smart. If he did help Beams out, the money trail would be hard to trace back to Ed & Collingwood. It would take far better journalism then we have in our sports media and the afl don’t want to know about it.

Or maybe it’s just a coincidence.

Have been telling people that crappy gag "What's the difference between Carlton and a Fireman? A Fireman can climb a ladder". Anyway, this shop owner I hit with this gag today laughed and said that there are soooo many Carlton jokes around at the moment. I said "yeah, they send out 22 jokes every week". I moved along.

Ratywhateva slid in from miles out and took a Richmond player's legs out. Set up a Cat goal. Reminded me of an ex-Swans player.
The s**t they pay under that rule and when someone actually does what rule is there to stop it's ignored.
Laughable.

Last edited:
Ratywhateva slid on from miles out and took a Richmond player's legs out. Set up a Cat goal. Reminded me of an ex-Swans player.
The **** they pay under that rule and when someone actually does what rule is there to stop it's ignored.
Laughable.

I'm telling you Scotty, there's a special rule book for Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Fat Controller, Ed, talking about how new technologies could help with the goal review system, things like 5G.

* me, that is a brain dead take. Almost every umpiring issue, including goal reviews, would be solved (or at the very least heavily alleviated) by three things. Removing grey area, making them full time, and making them accountable. Only additional thing for the goal reviews would be uniform set ups at all grounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back