The off topic thread 3.0

What would you like the thread titled?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I made that post then went and stuck it in google. Definitely not #fakenews

Very interesting. I wonder how all this shakes loose!
Woj said it so defo true.

Hopefully Kyrie stays in the East. Indiana maybe?

Doubt the Cavs trade him to the Celts.

Havent heard Boston or Indy as destinations. I'm hearing Minnesota, New York, Miami and San Antonio.
Yeah I know. He'd be fun in New York. I just hope he stays East so the conference retains an element of competitiveness.

Freddie has the best voice that has been in mainstream music.
Technically he is certainly in the frame. But then they say Mariah Carey had one of the best voices technically but I can't listen to her music. Queen are a great band don't get me wrong, but having a top notch singer is only part of the equation of what makes a great band.

Technically he is certainly in the frame. But then they say Mariah Carey had one of the best voices technically but I can't listen to her music. Queen are a great band don't get me wrong, but having a top notch singer is only part of the equation of what makes a great band.
Mariah's voice is incredible, as was Whitney Houston's.

I agree, but Queen are one of the greats, without a doubt IMO.

What's say nothin about it? That's just what I witnessed while there. NZ is the same btw. People will make racist comments and generalisations but quietly or with a nudge and wink in both countries. Whereas in Australia it's more in your face. Same views held by the masses across the 3 just different ways of voicing them
I think we have both generalised a bit too much here. Australians did have a reputation for being a bit hostile to immigrants but I expect that's less so now. There's also that whole thing about how you treated the aboriginals. The UK has too many class and social structures to be able to determine we are one particular way as a whole.

Mariah's voice is incredible, as was Whitney Houston's.

I agree, but Queen are one of the greats, without a doubt IMO.
Whitney has a great voice and had some great pop songs written for her but I hate the unnecessary vocal aerobics Mariah does it really grinds my gears. Her style of music is unlistenable to me anyway.

I think we have both generalised a bit too much here. Australians did have a reputation for being a bit hostile to immigrants but I expect that's less so now. There's also that whole thing about how you treated the aboriginals. The UK has too many class and social structures to be able to determine we are one particular way as a whole.
How we treated aboriginals? That was the English.

How we treated aboriginals? That was the English.
Just google your treatment of aborigines and tons of stuff comes up. I'm not passing judgement and these things have two sides to them anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think both the English and Australians have not been too good to the Aborigines.
Well the early settlers treated them appallingly. They didn't do that in NZ strangely but viewed the Australian indigenous people as inferior to those in NZ. But can't blame us for the way they were treated subsequently. You've long since become your own country

Well the early settlers treated them appallingly. They didn't do that in NZ strangely but viewed the Australian indigenous people as inferior to those in NZ. But can't blame us for the way they were treated subsequently. You've long since become your own country

The Maoris could fight back and hold their own.

Probably a tad more to it than just that my friend
So the English decided to completely * with native American and Australian people but were happy to be friendly with the Kiwis? K.

Probably a tad more to it than just that my friend
nope. the Maori tribes beat the s**t out the poms. Maoris and aborigines are completely different.

nope. the Maori tribes beat the s**t out the poms. Maoris and aborigines are completely different.
Lol when did I say they wasn't different? Post is just another boring attempt for you to go "pom" bashing (funny for a bloke who has decided to take up residence here) The British respected races that they believed had potential to be, as they saw it, an ordered and civilised people. By and large they worked with indigenous peoples not against them. They didn't see it that way with aborigines though.

Lol when did I say they wasn't different? Post is just another boring attempt for you to go "pom" bashing (funny for a bloke who has decided to take up residence here) The British respected races that they believed had potential to be, as they saw it, an ordered and civilised people. By and large they worked with indigenous peoples not against them. They didn't see it that way with aborigines though.

Name me one foreign culture that they didn't subjugate and twist to match their views and ideals?

Look it up yourself you plum

I know the answer, I was actually asking you to own up to the fact that what you just said was complete rubbish. But hey, go the personal insult route yet again if that's all you've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back