• Milwaukee - I have faith in Doc Rivers

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • New York - it turns out Thibs was the hero NY needed

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • OKC - after stealing a franchise, stealing a title is nothing

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Minnesota - Winter is coming

• Phoenix - Luxury tax? What luxury tax?

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Clippers - The world needs a Harden vs Morey postscipt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakers - Never bet against the whistle

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He just is. This thread is somewhat proof

Everyone here talking about ANT and KAT shooting poorly and ignoring the fact Dallas C's combined for 30 pts. 16 boards on 14/16 shooting...
He is literally one of the most criticised players in the NBA over the past decade, like legit. He is one of the best rim protectors in the league and his presence alone causes players to have to alter how they play.

He is an elite defender, however in the NBA elite offence beats elite defence. He’s really good, probably overpaid. It is what it is.

Can people please stop giving Gobert s**t. I've been informed he's a protected species and we have to leave him alone.
2 wolves players need to take a look at themselves for that performance

And Rudy ain't either of them

He is literally one of the most criticised players in the NBA over the past decade, like legit. He is one of the best rim protectors in the league and his presence alone causes players to have to alter how they play.

He is an elite defender, however in the NBA elite offence beats elite defence. He’s really good, probably overpaid. It is what it is.
Alters shots as long as the players infront of him do the defensive hustling for him

Can call him what you want, but he isnt a guy you would want to play with as he shuns the tough contests and requires too much from his teammates to make him effective.

2 wolves players need to take a look at themselves for that performance

And Rudy ain't either of them
You dont think Dallas Cs, going 30/16 in the game made a difference? Its what kept them in it in all reality

I think ANT is just being asked to do too much defensively. KAT has been crap but he hasnt been exploited atleast

The argument on Rudy defensively....

Dallas have 2 elite ball guards that can shoot the 3 and 2 great rim running bigs.

Its the centre piece of their offense and the Wolves don't have an answer at the moment

Early they worked on feeding the post and getting the bigs involved, as well as attacking Irving defensively

Then they just stopped...

Adjustment id make from here is more minutes from Alexander-Walker and less for Kyle Anderson to give ANT a bit more of a chop out. Run Reid/KAT togethe when Gafford on the floor and give Gobert less minutes to do that.

I can see Boston sweeping Pacers and the Mavs with a banged up Luka.

Best team all season by a mile and the only way was a fit Giannis or a fit New York playing out of their skins to even be a chance of it not being Boston.

The argument on Rudy defensively....

Dallas have 2 elite ball guards that can shoot the 3 and 2 great rim running bigs.

Its the centre piece of their offense and the Wolves don't have an answer at the moment

Early they worked on feeding the post and getting the bigs involved, as well as attacking Irving defensively

Then they just stopped...

Also some poor coaching to just let it happen a bit too I’ll say. It’s a series I’d give Gobert 26 minutes in and not KAT. As shit as KAT has been, they ain’t winning without him scoring

You dont think Dallas Cs, going 30/16 in the game made a difference? Its what kept them in it in all reality

I think ANT is just being asked to do too much defensively. KAT has been crap but he hasnt been exploited atleast
I'd wager all those buckets were within 3 feet off rim runs?

You could see the isolation and Rudy having to decide whether to double the ball or hold on the C and getting caught in no man's land

Whenever they tried to help on it their defensive rotations were slow and the mavs could get corner 3s at will

Coach needs to find some answers. Wolves need to rotate defensively, Towns needs to stand up, and Ant needs to either attack Irving, or return serve to Dallas on the high pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least this series is exciting. The Pacers are a snorefest it’s all about whose playing Boston.

Game 1 was anything but a snoozefest.

I'm sorry the Knicks copped injuries, and yes the Pacers are almost certainly going down, but don't bring down the thread.

Game 1 was anything but a snoozefest.

I'm sorry the Knicks copped injuries, and yes the Pacers are almost certainly going down, but don't bring down the thread.
This ain’t about the Knicks. The Pacers just aren’t up to it v Boston. It’s going 4 nil. Boston are a class above.

This ain’t about the Knicks. The Pacers just aren’t up to it v Boston. It’s going 4 nil. Boston are a class above.
Not sure any team in the East was really going to be up to it vs Boston.

If anything, despite my detest for the Pacers luck, them having a fluke run may have been the best chance to surprise the Celtics. Alas not so far but they've done better than I originally thought.

Not sure any team in the East was really going to be up to it vs Boston.

If anything, despite my detest for the Pacers luck, them having a fluke run may have been the best chance to surprise the Celtics. Alas not so far but they've done better than I originally thought.
They did well in game 1 but I think Boston will wipe the floor with them in the next 2 games.

They’ve done well but as a team I think they are behind 5 or 6 in the East. They have played well in patches but a dream run.

They did well in game 1 but I think Boston will wipe the floor with them in the next 2 games.

They’ve done well but as a team I think they are behind 5 or 6 in the East. They have played well in patches but a dream run.
Yeah agree wholeheartedly. Hawks 2021 vibes.

I hope I’m wrong but Boston look like they have another level to go to which is scary.

Indy should have won Game 1! Hardly played out like a fait accompli.

They were like a 5% of winning the series anyway, probably 0.1% chance now Haliburton is injured. It sucks, but it is what it is. You were declaring Game 1 over in the first quarter though, almost like you were trying to speak it into existence.

I feel for the Knicks, and all the other teams that have copped injuries. It really does put a dampener on the whole playoffs. I bet the NBA's not thrilled about it either. But there's no point taking it out on the Pacers. I don't think we have any Indy fans posting here at the moment, but we have had in the past. I'm not sure we'll get any in the future if they're reading this board at the moment though, and it's all about how they're boring, undeserving imposters.

Mostly this board has been about gallows humour and taking the piss out of our own teams. It'd be a shame to see it become like the AFL main board and degenerate into parochial sh1tposting. Nobody here is ripping the Knicks for losing Game 7, because it's understandable. It's fine if you're not into the ECF, it's not exactly Bulls/Knicks from 1993 or Kings/Lakers from 2002. But don't keep going on about it. Take a break until the Finals if it's bothering you that much.

Indy should have won Game 1! Hardly played out like a fait accompli.

They were like a 5% of winning the series anyway, probably 0.1% chance now Haliburton is injured. It sucks, but it is what it is. You were declaring Game 1 over in the first quarter though, almost like you were trying to speak it into existence.

I feel for the Knicks, and all the other teams that have copped injuries. It really does put a dampener on the whole playoffs. I bet the NBA's not thrilled about it either. But there's no point taking it out on the Pacers. I don't think we have any Indy fans posting here at the moment, but we have had in the past. I'm not sure we'll get any in the future if they're reading this board at the moment though, and it's all about how they're boring, undeserving imposters.

Mostly this board has been about gallows humour and taking the piss out of our own teams. It'd be a shame to see it become like the AFL main board and degenerate into parochial sh1tposting. Nobody here is ripping the Knicks for losing Game 7, because it's understandable. It's fine if you're not into the ECF, it's not exactly Bulls/Knicks from 1993 or Kings/Lakers from 2002. But don't keep going on about it. Take a break until the Finals if it's bothering you that much.
Think you’re missing the point of saying how good Boston are going. I did say that Boston could possibly sweep Pacers and likely the Mavs to. They are flying and look like they have another gear or level to go to especially when they get Porzingis back to.

Think you’re missing the point of saying how good Boston are going. I did say that Boston could possibly sweep Pacers and likely the Mavs to. They are flying and look like they have another gear or level to go to especially when they get Porzingis back to.

They're going OK. Frankly I thought they played better in the regular season than they have so far in the playoffs, but can't argue with the results.

And understrength Miami and an understrength Cleveland each beat them in their own building though, and Indy should have. They don't look unbeatable by any means for whoever comes out of the West, presuming no further injuries. If it's Dallas, it's pretty long odds that it's a sweep. In fact I think most people would expect at least 6 games. It'll be the first true test Boston have had this playoffs, and while sweeps are good for rest, they're not always great preparation for tough series.

I can see Boston sweeping Pacers and the Mavs with a banged up Luka.

Best team all season by a mile and the only way was a fit Giannis or a fit New York playing out of their skins to even be a chance of it not being Boston.

Ummm did you see Luka today?

Back