Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Always find myself thinking Where’s Banfield on the wing, offering a lead and then getting it moving. Surely we know Banfield, for the team, is better on the wing.
Agree..was bit annoyed early like he was stuck on 50 and it wasn't getting down there. Last qrter moved more wing

He
Always find myself thinking Where’s Banfield on the wing, offering a lead and then getting it moving. Surely we know Banfield, for the team, is better on the wing.
He would be our second best option at the moment for the wing. At least one of the three rotations.

Agree..was bit annoyed early like he was stuck on 50 and it wasn't getting down there. Last qrter moved more wing
Offers better link up. Keep Walters deep forward.
Banfield is a solid kick too.
It’s no secret Banfield kick goals, the team does better. Ever since 24 disposals 3 goals v Bulldogs, he goes up forward in that HF role and struggles. Why?

Offers better link up. Keep Walters deep forward.
Banfield is a solid kick too.
It’s no secret Banfield kick goals, the team does better. Ever since 24 disposals 3 goals v Bulldogs, he goes up forward in that HF role and struggles. Why?
I know they tried to get Sonny in the game by playing up the ground more but that sacrificed banners time there, and he is much more effective link as U said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure Banners kicks more goals from the wing than he does as a forward. We need to stop messing around with Johnson/JOM on a wing and just play Sharp and Banfield as our wings permanently.
Maybe feels less pressure .kicking goals as wing is bonus..whereas fwd U expected to

That banners handball to sharp for that shot on goal was sublime..pity sharp couldn't finish
Was so clean, the body work to get his man out of position, the clean hands to gather ball the vision to find the best option and weight it perfectly to sharp.

Baileys a 400-500k/yr player and no I'm not his bank manager.

There's that episode of the Simpsons when Mrs Krabapple says "Bart, you're the closest thing I have to a man in my life, and that's so depressing I think I am going to cry".

Well Bailey Banfield, you're the closest thing we have to a reliable forward in our life. You know the rest.

Banners

Strengths:
-Slick and well weighted handballs under rated
-Deft touches/knock on to advantages/ one touch underrate-
-field kicking under rated
-tackling much improved
-tank and effort elite
- ability to find space and get into the right positions under rated

Areas of improvement

- running into goal needs more composure
-agility and coraling
Contested marking

The positives are now definitely outweighing the negatives

Say it again. They need play him more on wing (skinny side) instead of Johnson who seems to start wing. Even instead of jom on wing or Sonny up the ground

Banners

Strengths:
-Slick and well weighted handballs under rated
-Deft touches/knock on to advantages/ one touch underrate-
-field kicking under rated
-tackling much improved
-tank and effort elite
- ability to find space and get into the right positions under rated

Areas of improvement

- running into goal needs more composure
-agility and coraling
Contested marking

The positives are now definitely outweighing the negatives

Say it again. They need play him more on wing (skinny side) instead of Johnson who seems to start wing. Even instead of jom on wing or Sonny up the ground

The huge negative you forgot is he seems to be massively one sided. Can’t remember him using his right foot ever? He is useless going to the right and always turns back onto the left.
Clutch as hell though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The huge negative you forgot is he seems to be massively one sided. Can’t remember him using his right foot ever? He is useless going to the right and always turns back onto the left.
Clutch as hell though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure he has kicked a snap on his right foot few times.. think brissie game comes to mind..but yes he is left dominant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back