List Mgmt. The Official Cam McCarthy Superultramega Thread - Deal done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he worth pick 20-something after a year out of the game? I won't be upset if that's what it costs but it'll be slight overs IMO. Our 3rd rounder seems closer to the mark.

Pick 20 something after everything that happened last trade period and Cam sitting out the game for a year is ridiculous overs. If we pay GWS that for him, they should be extremely happy as they've bent us over royally.

Would like to see us land Cam with a 3rd rounder but we are going to be exremely busy during the whole period and might need to tidy things up there relatively quickly.

Is he worth pick 20-something after a year out of the game? I won't be upset if that's what it costs but it'll be slight overs IMO. Our 3rd rounder seems closer to the mark.

Maybe a touch over but the Eagles have shown they're willing to trade picks for players. If we give them a chance they'll have a crack. And I doubt GWS want to make this easy for us.

Personally I'd prefer to get the trade done with minimal hassles. Also IMO picks between 20-50 basically have about the same success rate.

Maybe a touch over but the Eagles have shown they're willing to trade picks for players. If we give them a chance they'll have a crack. And I doubt GWS want to make this easy for us.

Personally I'd prefer to get the trade done with minimal hassles. Also IMO picks between 20-50 basically have about the same success rate.

Our 2017 second rounder will get it done.

I am curious what our forward line will look like with mccarthy next season....

HF: Mccarthy, Apeness, Bennell

FF: yarran, Taberner, Walters

yet we could get kersten or Brad hill and put them in a half forward flank.

At least there is some pace and variety in that forward line

You yay or nay for Kersten?
I would say nay for kersten at this stage if we get Mccarthy... Then again... we might get him as depth. Both he and mccarthy would offer more than mayne at this point.

At this rate... We are going to get Tabs, , Mccarthy and Marshall as our tall forward stocks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say nay for kersten at this stage if we get Mccarthy... Then again... we might get him as depth. Both he and mccarthy would offer more than mayne at this point.

At this rate... We are going to get Tabs, , Mccarthy and Marshall as our tall forward stocks.

You would have to look at getting Kersten as we are loosing Pav and Mayne. With such an inexperienced line up you would want some depth and competition so you don't have someone getting gifted a game when out of form just because they are tall.

You would have to look at getting Kersten as we are loosing Pav and Mayne. With such an inexperienced line up you would want some depth and competition so you don't have someone getting gifted a game when out of form just because they are tall.
What money he demand a season?

Should still be on the average $300,000 ish, which we should be able to accommodate after our trades.
So 300,000. Fyfe extension next year, weller, blakely . ( 2018) . Stephen hill, walters,tucker ? I think going to draft is easier . If kersten turn out like jack anton and slyvia at the expense of some gun young player with cheaper salary.

Last edited:
Our 2017 2nd round pick will close to 20 as well. I don't see us improving that much next year.

I think McCarthy value is similar to Bennell.

Maybe 2017 2nd and 3rd round picks for McCarthy and GWS 2nd round pick.

I doubt our pick next year will be around 20.

The Draft Guru calculator has Bennell valued at pick 26 https://www.draftguru.com.au/pick-value-calculator#16,35|Harley Bennell,22

Pick 25 or 26 is us finishing 11th or 12th and thats pretty realistic imo. Another year of development into Weller, Blakely, Tucker, Apeness etc, a full year of Yarran, Fyfe + Sandi + A Pearce back, maybe half a season from Johnno plus McCarthy and Hill.

GWS knows this as well so I'd love for it to be what you said but I think its a bit light on.

I doubt our pick next year will be around 20.

The Draft Guru calculator has Bennell valued at pick 26 https://www.draftguru.com.au/pick-value-calculator#16,35|Harley Bennell,22

Pick 25 or 26 is us finishing 11th or 12th and thats pretty realistic imo. Another year of development into Weller, Blakely, Tucker, Apeness etc, a full year of Yarran, Fyfe + Sandi + A Pearce back, maybe half a season from Johnno plus McCarthy and Hill.

GWS knows this as well so I'd love for it to be what you said but I think its a bit light on.
Dawson, Sandi, Mundy, Johnson all a year older. The back 6 concerns me,

When will Pearce be ready? I doubt he will do a preseason.

Swapping pick 34 to 36, with 42 or 44 is not a massive drop.

Maybe we will finish 11th or higher, but if we injuries again we will be bottom 5. Our depth is poor and I think we will bring in at least 8 people this year.

Dawson, Sandi, Mundy, Johnson all a year older. The back 6 concerns me,

When will Pearce be ready? I doubt he will do a preseason.

Swapping pick 34 to 36, with 42 or 44 is not a massive drop.

Maybe we will finish 11th or higher, but if we injuries again we will be bottom 5. Our depth is poor and I think we will bring in at least 8 people this year.

Hopefully AP has reached a point where is able to put full weight on his broken leg.I think you might be right about a very limited preseason.

Hopefully AP has reached a point where is able to put full weight on his broken leg.I think you might be right about a very limited preseason.
Pearce was walking unaided 3 weeks ago. Can't see why he won't do a full preseason. He broke the leg nearly 4 months ago (May 20th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back