Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Shared from the EVW thread.

If it was a normal year we’d be coming up to round 19.
Majak, Jacobs, Garner, LDU, Larkey, Tyson, Walker, Turner, Comben, EVW and Perez would have played one game between them. Garner and Larkey may have been fit but I doubt it.

18 x 11 is 198-1. 197 games lost to injury. We’re kidding ourselves. Deadset kidding ourselves.

Standard practice to help take the load off the joint as swelling subsides and he regains his stability. If he’s still wearing it on Friday night it’d be a concern.
Realise what a moon boot does. Just thought he had had it on a little long and it might be more serious. Having surgery now so I guess my gut was right :(

Last edited:
time to clean the cupboard and test out the reserve stocks to see if they have what it takes, if not, they need to be cut. Draft is the only option out, this is the price for being a middle of the table team. Time to cut the old north mantra and embrace the natural cycle of brith growth and death and rebirth. Right now is the death stage.

Realise what a moonboot does. Just thought he had had it on a little long and it might be more serious. Having surgery now so I guess my gut was right :(

Yeah, unfortunately he must’ve been wearing it for load and stability support because it was utterly f***ed!

Rawlings: Tarryn Thomas underwent surgery last night. It went really well and he’s been discharged. Surgery was the best thing for him long term.

Rawlings: Jack Ziebell looks to be about 4 weeks. Aiden Bonar was ruled out this week with some general soreness.

Rawlings: Tyson is 1-2 weeks, as is Garner and Ahern. The rest of the guys are TBC.

Rawlings: Clearly we aren’t happy with our availability at the moment. There are things that we are doing differently now to increase availability and we will take a look into what’s gone on.

Rawlings: We’ve given Jy a light week, as he’s done a huge amount of work this year. He got through the Captain’s Run this morning and he will be right to play.

Rawlings: Tarryn Thomas underwent surgery last night. It went really well and he’s been discharged. Surgery was the best thing for him long term.

Rawlings: Jack Ziebell looks to be about 4 weeks. Aiden Bonar was ruled out this week with some general soreness.

Rawlings: Tyson is 1-2 weeks, as is Garner and Ahern. The rest of the guys are TBC.

Rawlings: Clearly we aren’t happy with our availability at the moment. There are things that we are doing differently now to increase availability and we will take a look into what’s gone on.

Rawlings: We’ve given Jy a light week, as he’s done a huge amount of work this year. He got through the Captain’s Run this morning and he will be right to play.

Good news on Simpkin

No s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been 1-2 all season. Are they just keeping him around to get free golf clobber?

North Melbourne

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Jed AndersonQuadTest
Charlie CombenBack/KneeTBC
Ben CunningtonBackTBC
Taylor GarnerHamstring1-2 weeks
Kyron HaydenConcussionTest
Ben JacobsHead/neckTBC
Flynn PerezKneeTBC
Jy SimpkinAnkleTest
Tarryn ThomasAnkleTBC
Dom TysonCalfTest
Ed Vickers-WillisTurf toeTest
Will WalkerQuadTest
Jack ZiebellHamstringTBC
Cam ZurhaarCalfTest
Updated: Tuesday, July 21

Early prognosis

It's pure carnage at Arden St, with no club suffering more on the injury front. Coach Rhyce Shaw said Ziebell reinjuring the hamstring that kept him out for the previous fortnight was "bad luck" rather than mismanagement. Zurhaar was a late withdrawal from Saturday night's game but should be right to return, while Anderson will be close as well. Hayden's status will be guided by how he fares in the concussion protocols after coming off second-best in a collision with Tiger Tom Lynch. Simpkin played out the match after in-game treatment. The likes of Nick Larkey, Luke Davies-Uniacke and Kayne Turner are increasing their output post-injury in scratch games. - Marc McGowan
Way too many TBC's in that list. And it wouldn't surprise me if Cunnington, Ziebell, Garner and obviously Jacobs seasons are effectively done now.

time to clean the cupboard and test out the reserve stocks to see if they have what it takes, if not, they need to be cut. Draft is the only option out, this is the price for being a middle of the table team. Time to cut the old north mantra and embrace the natural cycle of brith growth and death and rebirth. Right now is the death stage.

(a) we don't have reserve stock, whoever is fit is already playing
(b) we are a bottom of the table team, not middle
(c) I am not sure why I'm still bothering responding to your posts

(a) we don't have reserve stock, whoever is fit is already playing
(b) we are a bottom of the table team, not middle
(c) I am not sure why I'm still bothering responding to your posts

Dude middling means being mediocre, never excelling. Our bottom of the ladders is a result of the club direction if the past 20 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back