Mega Thread The Official NBA offseason thread - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to hear that his Manager (Owner) Rich Paul wants Tyrese Maxey (Rich Paul Client) involved the trade package

I just pray that the Warriors don't give up Wiggins, Wiseman, Kuminga and Moody for him

Wouldn't mind Portland taking him if they manage to keep Lillard?
  • McCollum, Covington to 76ers
  • Simmons, Maxey to Portland

Warriors clear favorites with the bookies iirc

Interesting to hear that his Manager (Owner) Rich Paul wants Tyrese Maxey (Rich Paul Client) involved the trade package

I just pray that the Warriors don't give up Wiggins, Wiseman, Kuminga and Moody for him

Wouldn't mind Portland taking him if they manage to keep Lillard?
  • McCollum, Covington to 76ers
  • Simmons, Maxey to Portland
I could see them getting deperate and doing the Simmons for CJ now that everything has blown up but no way Maxey goes in this scenario.

He would be the starting PG for them.

Lillard 'liked' a photo of Ben in Portland kit

They can enjoy Ben Simmons sitting out for a season or two then.

Or accept CJ.

Buddy and mb3 etc.

They would accept CJ 100x over Beasley and Beverly 🤣

Ben ain’t sitting out a season or 2. When’s the last time that actually happened?

They would accept CJ 100x over Beasley and Beverly 🤣

Ben ain’t sitting out a season or 2. When’s the last time that actually happened?

Have fun with watching korkmaz curry and CJ play d mate. Should be a blast. If embiid breaks as per usual you blokes in a bit of grief.

Iggy sat a season and got paid 20milliom iirc.

Ad tried to bit nba forced him to play 20mim o game or whatever.

Harden tanked before the nets trade. It happens chin up

Have fun with watching korkmaz curry and CJ play d mate. Should be a blast. If embiid breaks as per usual you blokes in a bit of grief.

Iggy sat a season and got paid 20milliom iirc.

Ad tried to bit nba forced him to play 20mim o game or whatever.

Harden tanked before the nets trade. It happens chin up

you’re talking to me like I’m a Philly fan? Lol.

‘Iguodala and Memphis reportedly agreed that he wouldn't report to the team while they tried to find a trade partner’

Iggy was also on a 1 year deal, so it was easy for Memphis to buy him out if they couldn’t find a trade for him, whereas Ben has just finished the first year of a 5 year max contract.

you’re talking to me like I’m a Philly fan? Lol.

‘Iguodala and Memphis reportedly agreed that he wouldn't report to the team while they tried to find a trade partner’

Iggy was also on a 1 year deal, so it was easy for Memphis to buy him out if they couldn’t find a trade for him, whereas Ben has just finished the first year of a 5 year max contract.

I didn't say the situations are identical. It's the same that sixers have in public said they are trying to trade him and he wants out.

It's more similar to ad who Nola didn't want to play and the nba forced them iirc.

The trade should happen soon,(?) So it shouldn't matter anyway.

I don't know much about the rules in regards to player payments but my understanding is the players association is very strong - they cannot refuse to lay him bar giving fines

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't say the situations are identical. It's the same that sixers have in public said they are trying to trade him and he wants out.

It's more similar to ad who Nola didn't want to play and the nba forced them iirc.

The trade should happen soon,(?) So it shouldn't matter anyway.

I don't know much about the rules in regards to player payments but my understanding is the players association is very strong - they cannot refuse to lay him bar giving fines
I don't see how this situation is at all similar to AD

In regards to payments he would absolutely be fined for sitting out games, you can not just refuse to pay and expect to get paid...

It won't come to it but IF he is still a Sixer come opening season Ben will play, no chance he is willing to lose his money.

Morey doesn't want CJ because he thinks he can get Dame. Or Beal. The media push for Lillard and Beal to request trades is ridiculous.

Washington and Portland aren't interested in trading those guys for Simmons. Those teams are playoff contenders already but stand to gain nothing by giving up their franchise players. Embiid + Dame/Beal is an ECFinalist. Portland or Washington + Simmons are still borderline playoff teams. The only reason you do a trade like that is to get multiple assets. The Pelicans traded AD one year out from free agency and got picks, Lonzo and Ingram. And they are still worse than Portland and Washington. If Philly want to get serious about making a big trade they need to put assets on the table. Right now Simmons gets you Brogdon and a non-lottery first. Or maybe CJ McCollum.

Wojnarowski] After retiring with heart concerns five months ago, seven-time All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge is returning on a one-year, $2.6 million deal with the Brooklyn Nets, his agent Jeff Schwartz of @excelbasketball tells ESPN.

Wojnarowski] The Nets plan to waive forward Alize Johnson, sources tell ESPN. The Nets are fond of Johnson, but are loaded at his position and will allow him to play elsewhere.

Wojnarowski] Brooklyn is trading C DeAndre Jordan, four future-second round picks and $5.78M to Detroit for Jahlil Okafor and Sekou Doumbouya. Pistons plan to work through a buyout on two-years, $20M owed Jordan; Nets will save $47M in salary and tax on deal

Wojnarowski] Again, Pistons plan is to negotiate a contract buyout with the DeAndre Jordan and allow him to become a free agent, sources tell ESPN. In that scenario, the Lakers will be a serious contender, sources tell ESPN

Charania] The Detroit Pistons will waive DeAndre Jordan, allowing him to become a free agent, sources tell me and @JLEdwardsIII . Sources said Jordan is giving back $4M in a buyout of the remaining $20M on his deal

Morey doesn't want CJ because he thinks he can get Dame. Or Beal. The media push for Lillard and Beal to request trades is ridiculous.

Washington and Portland aren't interested in trading those guys for Simmons. Those teams are playoff contenders already but stand to gain nothing by giving up their franchise players. Embiid + Dame/Beal is an ECFinalist. Portland or Washington + Simmons are still borderline playoff teams. The only reason you do a trade like that is to get multiple assets. The Pelicans traded AD one year out from free agency and got picks, Lonzo and Ingram. And they are still worse than Portland and Washington. If Philly want to get serious about making a big trade they need to put assets on the table. Right now Simmons gets you Brogdon and a non-lottery first. Or maybe CJ McCollum.
Morey doesn't want CJ because that isn't a title contender, no other reason.

You are giving up the last significant trade piece you have to put a ceiling on the team short of a championship. I think Simmons needs to go but you would honestly be better off trying to salvage anything with Simmons over trading for one for those two

Morey doesn't want CJ because that isn't a title contender, no other reason.

You are giving up the last significant trade piece you have to put a ceiling on the team short of a championship. I think Simmons needs to go but you would honestly be better off trying to salvage anything with Simmons over trading for one for those two

If Ben doesn't rock to training or games it doesn't matter what Morey wants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back