Opinion The PB's - a celebration of 150 years. This year or later?

Should we wear the Bars this year or wait until we play in front of a home crowd?

• I want the bars now! Crowd doesn't matter.

Votes: 58 85.3%
  • We should wait. The bars need to be celebrated properly.

Votes: 10 14.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Why's Dwayne Russel advertising that we want to wear them every game?? That's not true.
Trying to undermine things as usual.

Dwayne Russell is another one owned by Eddie, everyone knows that.
He’s the one championing the Teal additions etc.
Anything Dwayne does is to further Ediies agenda, that is to undermine public support.
By saying people are demanding ‘all the time’ he is doing Eddies job for him.
* you Dwayne!

This bit. Collingwood shouldn't have any say in it where they're not involved.
Technically it's the AFL's decision as they own copyrights to the logos, jumper designs etc of all 18 participant clubs. However do you think the AFL is going to simply ignore the wishes of one of its eight foundation clubs?

Technically it's the AFL's decision as they own copyrights to the logos, jumper designs etc of all 18 participant clubs. However do you think the AFL is going to simply ignore the wishes of one of its eight foundation clubs?
Lol. Who gives a continental of whether it was a 'foundation club'? So was Fitzroy and look where that got them.

You may have a short memory but your club was basically insolvent/ bankrupt before the VFL went national but that don't matter hey?

But But .. Eddie Everywhere said Collingwood own all copyrights for logos, Guernsey designs etc.. which is crap.

We are a foundation club in the SANFL and they go out of their way to screw us in any way possible.

Why do you not want us to wear the Guernsey in SA showdowns though when they look nothing alike and have absolutely nothing to do with you or Victoria?

Give me one logical reason...?

Is it jealousy that the AFL community love the way we do black and white better?

Why do you not want us to wear the Guernsey in SA showdowns though when they look nothing alike and have absolutely nothing to do with you or Victoria?
If it's a once a year thing I honestly have no issue with it. Making it the regular home jumper I believe is a big issue, and I would only be supportive if the use of teal was somehow incorporated.

If it's a once a year thing I honestly have no issue with it. Making it the regular home jumper I believe is a big issue, and I would only be supportive if the use of teal was somehow incorporated.
So having a teal away jumper isn't enough?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, and I think it would actually be disrespectful to your 2004 Premiership team who won your first AFL flag wearing the club colours of black, white and teal.
So if Richmond scrap their awful clash guernsey they wore in 2017 GF that's disrespectful to the 2017 premiership team? 🙄

Pretty sure we're the same club and not one of those ex players would give a s**t and the Guernsey hasn't been worn since 2009.

We've never had plans of getting rid of the teal anyway...

No, and I think it would actually be disrespectful to your 2004 Premiership team who won your first AFL flag wearing teal.
I got a feeling Warren Tredrea, Gavin Wanganeen, Michael Wilson, Darryl Wakelin, The Burgoyne Bros, Byron Pickett and head coach Mark Williams would have preferred wearing the Prison Bars.

No, and I think it would actually be disrespectful to your 2004 Premiership team who won your first AFL flag wearing the club colours of black, white and teal.
I think its disrespectful to your clubs roots moving and scrapping your history at Victoria Park or potentially selling your club to a private owner ? You're becoming a soulless franchise more and more as years go by.

Port Adelaide deciding to pay tribute to our prison bar Guernsey which looks absolutely nothing like yours, once or twice a year should be the least of your concerns.

I also should add Kane Cornes who commentates footy games on the radio and runs marathons while wearing the Prison Bars.
DF5UbBRUwAAgeIu.jpg
92690845_10157530684523882_958256789135032320_o.jpg

Why don’t you google Juventus FC & Udinese FC which are two clubs playing same division for years with no issue on who wears the black & white. There are so many more comparisons that I won’t even bother. It comes down to jealousy & that we do our jumper better. You lot feel entitled & it’s sickening. I would only be supportive bla bla bla

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why don’t you google Juventus FC & Udinese FC which are two clubs playing same division for years with no issue on who wears the black & white. There are so many more comparisons that I won’t even bother. It comes down to jealousy & that we do our jumper better.

When did Collingwood first go to white stripes on black? I mean their traditional guernsey is their 'away/clash' strip now.

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/703242/rucci-s-monday-review-back-in-the-bars
Why don’t you google Juventus FC & Udinese FC which are two clubs playing same division for years with no issue on who wears the black & white. There are so many more comparisons that I won’t even bother. It comes down to jealousy & that we do our jumper better. You lot feel entitled & it’s sickening. I would only be supportive bla bla bla

That's the crux of it right there 👆👆👆.

Knowing that the bars are pretty much universally acknowledged as the better strip.

You should have no issue with it unless we wanted to wear it against Collingwood - which we won't - otherwise it's NONE of your frickin business.

Back