Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young mums love her for some reason. No idea why. It's like the mystery of reality television.

What reality show was she on

I just read an article on News.com about an exchange between her and her ex.

America, Russia and Korea are currently eyeballing one another and we have this s**t making news. The world has gone mad

America, Russia and Korea are currently eyeballing one another and we have this s**t making news. The world has gone mad
I meant that people religiously follow these mummy bloggers like they do reality television.

Funnily enough though she was on Big Brother but I dont remember her

I meant that people religiously follow these mummy bloggers like they do reality television.

Funnily enough though she was on Big Brother but I dont remember her

There is some chick that some of my nieces follow called Sophia Cachia - The Young Mummy and even Basil Zemplesis's wife has this huge following and worst of all The kardashian's ffs

I just can't fathom following the life of some person that I don't even know who offers nothing more than telling me what type of tea she drinks

No one wants to hear that depressing WWIII s**t. That's way too real for people man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Brother

That's definitely going to be cheaper than a taxi. Don't know about an Uber, they might a bit cheaper but it's hard to beat the convenience of walking out of the airport, jumping in your own car and driving home.
Probably worth pricing up the ride in the app as a budget measure right now?

Perth doesn't need to build up it just has to build epic s**t along the coastline. Wa has the greatest beaches in the world but apart from s few shithouse taverns there's not much happening near the beaches.
Perth is on the otherside the country. Towers cast shadows over the beach making the beach a cold place in morning before the southwest sandblasts the crap out of everyone.
The issue with Perth is they are using petroleum to make water.
Anyone been Scarborough in anticipation the chinese apartment buyer collapse?
Big crystal towers everywhere being built.

Alan Bonds crystal tower, the Observation city has seen a succession of failure before the MRA dismantled sections of the monstosity to try and regain some business at Scarborough.

The reality is, owning an apartment in Scarborough is living in the 3rd windiest city in the world combined with cold storms means Perth will never be Queensland.

Mosman park built several blocks of flats in the 60s by a now deceased developer.
The ongoing crime in this alledgedly wealthy suburb has been met with fortification of many homes.

Now too complex to dismantle.

Perth doesn't need to build up it just has to build epic s**t along the coastline. Wa has the greatest beaches in the world but apart from s few shithouse taverns there's not much happening near the beaches.
Any business operating on the coast has to make profit in 6 months.
The rest the time, coastal business is dead.
I even spoke to a honeymoon couple in Bunker bay in spring.
They said it was too cold go for a swim and the tourists were from Melbourne.

Perth has some great coastal venues but Perth stadium was well postioned for future entertainment district.

Perth population increased 30% in just a few years. New infrastructure has come at a cost.

Last edited:
All transport is free from 12:30AM-3:00AM on Friday and Saturday nights. The Friday Night 1AM free ride to Armadale is something else. Seen some gnarly stuff happen
The bureaucracy of not putting police on targetting crime hotspots.

Oh thats right, too expensive build another prison.

End days

PSA:

bike-path-perth-esplanade1.JPG

This is a dual use path.

People walking use it. People riding bikes use it. If you fall in to one of those two categories expect to come across the other on one of these paths.

It's like a mini road. The line down the middle is intended to separate directions of traffic. Being a former British colony (hai Bomberboyokay) we drive on the left.

I went for a ride around the river today for an hour or so. If I said that 50% of people I came across had any concept of how these paths are supposed to work I'd be being generous.

Had one bloke - who was walking towards me, with his family, 3 or 4 abreast - ask me 'do you have a bell?'. Errrr, do I need to alert you to the fact that I am coming towards you on the correct side of the path?

Yeah I've had a head on collision with a guy on a bike on the wrong side of a path like that. He came off and went flying, I barely moved.

PSA:

bike-path-perth-esplanade1.JPG

This is a dual use path.

People walking use it. People riding bikes use it. If you fall in to one of those two categories expect to come across the other on one of these paths.

It's like a mini road. The line down the middle is intended to separate directions of traffic. Being a former British colony (hai Bomberboyokay) we drive on the left.

I went for a ride around the river today for an hour or so. If I said that 50% of people I came across had any concept of how these paths are supposed to work I'd be being generous.

Had one bloke - who was walking towards me, with his family, 3 or 4 abreast - ask me 'do you have a bell?'. Errrr, do I need to alert you to the fact that I am coming towards you on the correct side of the path?
You should have just shrieked BIKE!!! at him as you went past.

I suppose it depends what speed you were doing Scotland

The bell actually frightens me as I'm never sure which way to step or whether I should even move or it's just to tell me you are behind me.

I'm always a little miffed at those walking abreast who continue walking together even though they can see you coming. Ummmm this is my side of the footpath - you need to fall in behind each other, not me be the one getting out the way

If a path isn't busy most of the time there's no real need to ring the bell, just give people a wide berth. If it's busy then you need to slow down, bell or otherwise. I don't like to 'ding' people because if they get startled they tend to react irrationally. No need to startle someone doing the right thing walking on the left to panic and jump into the right lane.

Why would anyone expect someone on a bike coming towards them to ring the bell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back