Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

That young plumbers death was terrible. Can’t imagine the absolute terror he was feeling and really feel for his workmates. Would be tough to come back from seeing that happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It might shock you to learn this but many pet owners consider their animals as an extension of their family and an important part of their lives

Less of the sarcasm, thanks. I am very much aware of how pets can be loved.

But that cannot make an animal more than an animal - yet people will often care more about animals than they do about other humans. Is a missing dog more important than a missing person?

Not interested in getting bogged down in arguing semantics mate, there's always Sweet Jesus for that, and the sarcasm was appropriate for what was a pretty silly question. You seem to understand the point I was making anyway even if you don't agree with it.

I'm only arguing the semantics because it's reflective of the attitude I mentioned in my second question (without necessarily suggesting that it's a view you personally hold): that some people believe the welfare of animals can be more important than the welfare of humans.

I assume this is what SA was getting at.

I would beat the s**t out of anyone who would steal a dog. Absolute scum and lack of empathy. Hundreds of dogs at the pound however they go and steal someones dog is just s**t

I think i like my dog better then anyone i've met.

And if they kidnapped a person?

There is no point in having this discussion Speaker, people who value their pets above another human are incapable of being rational.

Heaven forbid you should mention that their pet is actually an animal and incapable of human emotion. They'll skin you alive.

You realise that makes you a worse person than the dog stealer, yes?
What would you do if someone stole your wallet? Car? Ransacked your house? Anyone who has defended themselves? If they have reacted in that case make them worse then the thief? Sure mate
There is no point in having this discussion Speaker, people who value their pets above another human are incapable of being rational.

Heaven forbid you should mention that their pet is actually an animal and incapable of human emotion. They'll skin you alive.
Do dogs/cats not experience sadness? Anxiety? Fear? Love? I know you may have a point somewhere but you've not articulated it well at all. Rational? Weird, since you've just suddenly said people who value pets are incapable of being rational, Then said said animals are incapable of emotion, which you surely know is completely dumb and irrational to think that?
And if they kidnapped a person?

Probably makes them a piece of s**t and deserve to have the s**t kicked out of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back