Toast The Positive thread: now with 2020 vision

Remove this Banner Ad

Could never have imagined after this awful year that we'd have such a positive off-season. Brought in a strong head of football, who appears to have signed up one of the league's best head of performance who will likely sway Shiel!

The fact we've been nominated by McGovern and Setterfield and are seemingly favourites for Shiel speaks volumes for the direction of the club. All I'd like to see now is us sign some coaches that will help Bolts with game strategy, if we can nail that I think we're on our way. We've endured the many, many dark years... I can see the light!

What a brilliant young midfield we're putting together now.

Cripps
Dow
Fisher
SPS
Setterfield
LOB
Kennedy
Walsh?

Wow. We've got a way to go yet, but it's difficult to not get excited by that.

Totally agree.

It’s funny how a weakness can be turned into a real positive. Yes, our midfield this season might’ve been one of the rawest and least experienced in the competition, but it’s probably the area of our list that gives me the most excitement about our future.

Agree that we’ve got a way to go yet but I don’t think the young group is all that far off from delivering on their potential.

What a brilliant young midfield we're putting together now.

Cripps
Dow
Fisher
SPS
Setterfield
LOB
Kennedy
Walsh?

Wow. We've got a way to go yet, but it's difficult to not get excited by that.

Must put this disclaimer first, that most of these guys are very young and not yet bonafide AFL players, and it's unlikely all of them WILL hit their full potential, but...

There is no better collection of very young midfielders in the comp who potentially have more elite football in front of them.

This group will DEFINITELY get a lot better. The only question is how much and whether it's one day considered as good as is going around. It has the raw potential to be.

I have a friend who works within the club... He told me the mood in the last 2 months of the season was quite deplorable, as you would expect. But it extended to pretty much every department in the club, even the off-field/ support staff.

He said the mood has completely switched in the past few weeks - back to where it was when Bolts first joined.

I truly believe that this off-season is the turning point for our once proud club. We've got a long way to go still, but when we get there - watch out.

I have a friend who works within the club... He told me the mood in the last 2 months of the season was quite deplorable, as you would expect. But it extended to pretty much every department in the club, even the off-field/ support staff.

He said the mood has completely switched in the past few weeks - back to where it was when Bolts first joined.

I truly believe that this off-season is the turning point for our once proud club. We've got a long way to go still, but when we get there - watch out.

Thanks reg...it seems like the club needed the senior appointments to be made in General Manager Football- and perhaps shoudl also be looking to find a replacement for Neil leaving - it is hard yards for a new coach to carry it all on his shoulders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After such a tough year we got games into our young players and still stuck together. The club is positive

NOW we have added

Lloyd
McGovern
Russell
Setterfield
Newman
Fasolo
Walsh
Stocker
Finbar
BSOS
Goddard
Bugg

That is an awesome effort. Really looking forward to 2019 and beyond.

The rebuild is over. Now it's about development and some small changes each year.

Go Blues :)

Rebuild is over, on and off the field. Some tweaking may be required, now the hard work of turning the club around really hits top gear.

So much to look forward to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back