Toast The Positive thread: now with 2020 vision

Remove this Banner Ad

My positives, during our crappy Blue year :

Cripps. I love him and could marry him if he knew about it, and if my husband could handle sharing me. Jokes. Crippa is amazing though.
Charlie. What a future he has.
Simpson, defying the odds and playing like a 23 year old.
Big H coming on.
Paddy Dow. Wow!
LOB and TDK. Tick!
Doc doing the coaching thing. What an insight for him and to then have that knowledge and experience back on the field next year.
Marchy showing pre-injury glimpses.
Weiters ending the year well.

Cripps, Curnow and Dow the big winners for mine.

My positives, during our crappy Blue year :

Cripps. I love him and could marry him if he knew about it, and if my husband could handle sharing me. Jokes. Crippa is amazing though.
Charlie. What a future he has.
Simpson, defying the odds and playing like a 23 year old.
Big H coming on.
Paddy Dow. Wow!
LOB and TDK. Tick!
Doc doing the coaching thing. What an insight for him and to then have that knowledge and experience back on the field next year.
Marchy showing pre-injury glimpses.
Weiters ending the year well.

Cripps, Curnow and Dow the big winners for mine.
Great stuff AWG

One of the positives I've taken away from this year is that despite some awful results we haven't diverged from our original plan of a complete rebuild. Now some might say that us not diverging from the plan is a bad thing and that we should've had a better season than we've had. I think those that have that view are entitled to it and its reasonable enough expectation to want a bit more than what was delivered.

The one main observation I have is that most, if not all premiership teams have a core group of players that arrived through the draft. In fact I can't think of a club that has won a premiership where the core has primarily come from traded players. You think of any of the great modern teams and there most important 5 or 6 players are invariably taken in the draft within a few years of each other. At the very least I feel that despite us having a really bad year, we've stuck to the plan of going to the draft and recruiting the best possible talent we can. I think we're giving ourselves the best possible chance of building that core group for the future.

Most on-field success tends to be borne out of great drafting. We might not be getting the results that we want at the moment but I definitely think we are going about the rebuild in the right fashion. In time I think it's something that will really bear fruit for us its just a matter of biding our time.

Cripps. The man is a beast

Doc, his coaching and IQ of the game is amazing, I would love to see him Captain next year and let Cripps just keep enjoying his footy which he is obviously doing.

Paddy Wow, squint your eyes for a second and you can see Judd back in west coast the way he breaks a line

Harry, going to be a long work in progress but as you can see tonight with Mason Cox, you can really unsettle a team with a tall mobile monster in the forward line

Charlie Curnow, just improving game by game and making the most of not many opportunities

Murphy, will get alot of heat for this but the bloke has had to put up with a lot of adversity and seeing player after player walk around and some getting success like Grigg or Eddie Betts, but he has stuck true and his leadership is something that goes unnoticed

Simpson: Just being typical Simpson and not dropping his head once during this very difficult season, will go down as a Carlton great.

Hardwick, Clarkson, Buckley all at somepoint where about to get the sack but the club stuck with them. Theres no point commiting to a Bolts rebuild to just sack it after a number of years and getting a new coach who will want to make his new mark on the team and start from scratch.

#TRUSTTHEPROCESS

In the spirit of Grand Final week it is wear your colours to work day today.

Walked in this morning to see our young, vibrant receptionist sitting there proudly wearing her Carlton gear.

It put a smile on my face.

She's a great young person to have around our office, always positive, willing to help out in any capacity.

Without trying to be rude I asked her when she was born, she responded 1996.

She hasn't yet had the opportunity to see our great club win the ultimate prize, bloody hell she wasn't even born when we last did.

Yet here she was sitting there as proud as could be in the best footy jumper and scarf in this competition.

Being an old bastard now I selfishly want to see us get number seventeen, but even more so now so that someone like her can be a part of that feeling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the spirit of Grand Final week it is wear your colours to work day today.

Walked in this morning to see our young, vibrant receptionist sitting there proudly wearing her Carlton gear.

It put a smile on my face.

She's a great young person to have around our office, always positive, willing to help out in any capacity.

Without trying to be rude I asked her when she was born, she responded 1996.

She hasn't yet had the opportunity to see our great club win the ultimate prize, bloody hell she wasn't even born when we last did.

Yet here she was sitting there as proud as could be in the best footy jumper and scarf in this competition.

Being an old bastard now I selfishly want to see us get number seventeen, but even more so now so that someone like her can be a part of that feeling.
i cant bloody wait when it happens.

Even though we had 2 wins this year, my confidence in club keeps building. Liddle reviewing football Dept from get go. In comes Lloyd, out goes Hocking, in comes Russell. SOS and gang working on all trade and drafting options and we're sounding like getting another good handful of players to add to the list.

Some innovation in membership, sponsorship and partnerships.

Very happy with how things are going. Looking forward to see what they do about the assistant coaching vacancy. Go baggers.

Weiters, Marchy, TDK, Charlie, Big H.

That’s a very impressive young group of players with enormous potential. Imagine that spine they are all 27,28 and in their prime.

That spine will carry a huge weight late in their career.....the weight of multiple premiership cups!

:)

Appointment of a proven fitness person and hopefully the beginnings of a proper development of the required infrastructure to provide sustainable benchmarked best practise as far as maximising player fitness and health. For years Carlton has been the worst 'conditioned' team in the AFL - any improvement on this will be a serious bonus. As an aside of Shiel comes in he will personally provide a role model for elite physical conditioning.

Making big strides both on and off the field.

We have good people in important roles, meaning we can pay attention to more than one area at a time.

Should speed up the rebuilding process without taking shortcuts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back