The pressure on the WA government to relax it's rigid border rules

Do you agree with the rigid border rules or do you agree there is room for flexibility?

• Yes border rules are keeping WA safe

Votes: 45 53.6%
  • No there needs to be flexibility

Votes: 39 46.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not impossible yes, but highly, actually very highly unlikely - that's not pessimism that's realism.

Google maps? This is a snip from the covid live web site.

I don't see how that's highly unlikely when WA reached the 90% double vax rate 11 days ahead of schedule and we're trundling along at approximately 150,000 booster shots a week (which will slow down but I suspect as omicron continues to pop up people will continue turning up for the booster jab).

The Google Maps jibe was because you screenshotted your bookmarks with SEN, Youtube, afl.com.au etc.

I don't see how that's highly unlikely when WA reached the 90% double vax rate 11 days ahead of schedule and we're trundling along at approximately 150,000 booster shots a week (which will slow down but I suspect as omicron continues to pop up people will continue turning up for the booster jab).

The Google Maps jibe was because you screenshotted your bookmarks with SEN, Youtube, afl.com.au etc.
We’ll get to 80% by April 17 imo closer to 90%

So we're at a point now where we're arguing semantics like resources and how much they contribute to the state and more broadly the national economy, to what end?

Maybe we all need to re read the op and the inconsistency of what it was back then, and it seems still is now.

No amount of bickering on sub relative topics will resolve that.

Semantics maybe but we're still not at 90%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a link? If it’s end of March they’re definitely aiming for a booster rate of 80% to open

I don't have a link but it was part of his findings to delay the opening, end of March was the optimal time before initial elderly and vulnerable boosters started to wane. I don't think they will aim for a % of boosters for opening, it might coincide but I don't think it will be the main condition to opening.

“But Mr McGowan said mask wearing would be introduced for primary school aged students from Year 3 when required.”

Geez this one is going to be a bit of fun if it eventuates. I can see a number of parents getting an exemption due to asthma.

“But Mr McGowan said mask wearing would be introduced for primary school aged students from Year 3 when required.”

Geez this one is going to be a bit of fun if it eventuates. I can see a number of parents getting an exemption due to asthma.

I asked the question on this yesterday, surely waiting until there is a mass outbreak of cases before using masks is the wrong way round. It's more likely that not using the masks will be a cause of the mass outbreak.

I don't have a link but it was part of his findings to delay the opening, end of March was the optimal time before initial elderly and vulnerable boosters started to wane. I don't think they will aim for a % of boosters for opening, it might coincide but I don't think it will be the main condition to opening.
Yeh I’ve always said it’ll be open by Easter which is the middle of April. So end of March would be good if it’s possible. As for the AFL I don’t think that even comes into the equation. It’s probably way down the order of opening up plans imo

Yeh I’ve always said it’ll be open by Easter which is the middle of April. So end of March would be good if it’s possible. As for the AFL I don’t think that even comes into the equation. It’s probably way down the order of opening up plans imo

I never said it was a reason but opening with the WA teams not having to shift East for a long period of time will certainly not hurt his popularity.

I asked the question on this yesterday, surely waiting until there is a mass outbreak of cases before using masks is the wrong way round. It's more likely that not using the masks will be a cause of the mass outbreak.
I’m unsure if you’ve got kids but it’s going to be a massive issue trying to get year 3 students to wear a mask all day. Predominantly people use cloth masks and that imo is a recipe for chaos with kids that age.

I’m unsure if you’ve got kids but it’s going to be a massive issue trying to get year 3 students to wear a mask all day. Predominantly people use cloth masks and that imo is a recipe for chaos with kids that age.

I don't have kids but my brothers little girl has been wearing masks for the past 2 years and she is 6. McGowan even says they are going to have to wear them, so not sure why waiting until cases explode is necessary.

Oh I know your not bringing it up as a reason but imo he will not take it into calculations at all. Even in regards to popularity.

Dude. It will be hugely unpopular for him if the two WA teams have to hub East for a month or two. Cmon, you tell people that they don't know WA well enough but I lived there for 28 years and know that AFL is not just a religion it is the religion. To suggest that having no AFL for a month or so won't be an unpopular decision is wrong.

I don't have kids but my brothers little girl has been wearing masks for the past 2 years and she is 6. McGowan even says they are going to have to wear them, so not sure why waiting until cases explode is necessary.
I commend you niece for wearing one but I can’t see it working. I’ve got no doubt you’ll get a number of parents getting exemptions for childhood asthma.

I commend you niece for wearing one but I can’t see it working. I’ve got no doubt you’ll get a number of parents getting exemptions for childhood asthma.

McGowan has said it will happen, but he is going to wait until there are cases everywhere before implementing it. If it's going to be such a hassle wouldn't you want them getting use to it now when cases are low rather than trying to implement it and get them ready when cases explode?

Back