The pros of sacking a coach mid season (Bolton and B Scott watch)

Remove this Banner Ad

how can a list be a hole?... 😂😂😂

troll?... I answered the coolest question you threw out to the internet (brilliantly too) and you call me a troll, sounds like sour grapes to me.. 😂😂😂

you will keep us laughing for hours, thanks champ 😂👍🏻

HAHA an Eagles fan has sour grapes over a Roos fan? Now i've heard it all. Move on Shermantor. Your making a fool of yourself.

Sacking Bolton would be another band aid rip for the blues. We've had a habit of doing that in the last few years and it hasn't helped. IF anything I'd bring in an assistant of reasonable ability to help Bolts. I actually think that's where the issue lies. Seems like he can't rely on /isn't listening to them at present. The list is fine IMO. Get all the players out there and we look pretty good. Talent everywhere. Just young and inexperienced. Listening to guys like Mark Bickley and David King who have presented stats to back up the facts that things can change very quickly gives me hope. The GWS loss hasn't helped for sure. But geez against the pies, barring a few fluffs and woeful umpiring (what was it 24-8 frees?, please) we were a gnats biscuit away from beating what many would say are one of the flag favs. With a young list and not many leaders on the park confidence and leadership is a huge issue for us presently. Going into our shells, not having the steely resolve required to play out wins etc.

Sack the coach? No . Bolts gets the rest of this year and honestly another preseason and another crack before we see him gone. IT would undo so much work and leave us back at square one. Looking at other clubs and sliding door moments there have been many a coach sitting on the precipice awaiting their fate only to be saved by a small number of folks at the board room table.

As for the blues, still think we can finish better than we started and get a off the bottom.
Carlton have copped a huge whack in the media this week. Probably fair enough to a degree. But lets face it they were predicted to finish anywhere from 18th to 15th. I look at the demons and think WTF is going on there? They should be in the top 4 now getting set for a flag tilt. And the roos should'nt be that far behind them. prob anywhere from 10th - 6th.

Sacking Bolton would be another band aid rip for the blues. We've had a habit of doing that in the last few years and it hasn't helped. IF anything I'd bring in an assistant of reasonable ability to help Bolts. I actually think that's where the issue lies. Seems like he can't rely on /isn't listening to them at present. The list is fine IMO. Get all the players out there and we look pretty good. Talent everywhere. Just young and inexperienced. Listening to guys like Mark Bickley and David King who have presented stats to back up the facts that things can change very quickly gives me hope. The GWS loss hasn't helped for sure. But geez against the pies, barring a few fluffs and woeful umpiring (what was it 24-8 frees?, please) we were a gnats biscuit away from beating what many would say are one of the flag favs. With a young list and not many leaders on the park confidence and leadership is a huge issue for us presently. Going into our shells, not having the steely resolve required to play out wins etc.

Sack the coach? No . Bolts gets the rest of this year and honestly another preseason and another crack before we see him gone. IT would undo so much work and leave us back at square one. Looking at other clubs and sliding door moments there have been many a coach sitting on the precipice awaiting their fate only to be saved by a small number of folks at the board room table.

As for the blues, still think we can finish better than we started and get a off the bottom.
Carlton have copped a huge whack in the media this week. Probably fair enough to a degree. But lets face it they were predicted to finish anywhere from 18th to 15th. I look at the demons and think WTF is going on there? They should be in the top 4 now getting set for a flag tilt. And the roos should'nt be that far behind them. prob anywhere from 10th - 6th.
The problem Carlton have is no team ever has their best 22 out there the whole time and at some stage Carlton have to use some draft capital (2nd and 3rd round picks) and some list spots on actually bringing in and sticking with some good solid B/C grade guys.

The coach should know that and he should really be kicking SOS's door down until he gives him something to work with. He won more games when the list was in terrible shape but the team had more experience. He won more games in 2016 with an awful list but Dennis Armfield, Andrejs Everitt, Sam Rowe, Simon White and Matty Wright playing.

Daisy Thomas and Ed Curnow as the only reliable role players isn't enough. Along with Cripps Jones, Simpson, Murphy and Kruezer they are the only senior players who get a game each week. That's just not enough with how quickly the list drops to inexperience.

McGovern might've been a good recruit but he's more of a luxury for the future. Nic Newman a good pick up that they need 3 or 4 more of.

Jed Lamb played 18 games last year, he probably wasn't good enough. But now he's replaced firstly by Bugg, then by Gibbons. A coach has to pick some guys and stick with them. Ideally guys with at least 50 or even 100 games or good state league experience who can be better than replacement level, know how to train, stay healthy etc etc. They should've found or traded for a guy to do that Jed Lamb role at some stage in the last 3 years and should be still in the side, being a reliable performer.

It's a massive blemish on both SOS and Bolton that they haven't got anywhere near getting in some of these types. Maybe they'll ride it out just a bit longer and it will all turn around, eventually the young players are just too good that they'll improve, but it would be a lot easier on them and they'd be learning more about winning with more help.

^Think that is the plan. No use sacking Bolts as no coach is going to get much more out of the current squad, and a few injuries only compounds this.

If Bolton is struggling to win games with some more experience into the team then we’ve got serious issues.

how can a list be a hole?... 😂😂😂

troll?... I answered the coolest question you threw out to the internet (brilliantly too) and you call me a troll, sounds like sour grapes to me.. 😂😂😂

you will keep us laughing for hours, thanks champ 😂👍🏻
Wait, why would WC fans have sour grapes?

The club just won a flag and did it with a former NM great as senior coach?

Brad Scott senior assistant, or director of coaching?

Keep diggin fool. hahaha.

"North Melbourne coach Brad Scott is set to depart the Kangaroos with the club and Scott understood to have mutually agreed his time as coach is up.

The 43-year-old is contracted until the end of 2020 but sources confirmed the departure at some point this season would be amicable with both sides in open dialogue about what was best for the club.

- Peter Ryan, The Age"

And check mate. thanks for playing fool.

"North Melbourne coach Brad Scott is set to depart the Kangaroos with the club and Scott understood to have mutually agreed his time as coach is up.

The 43-year-old is contracted until the end of 2020 but sources confirmed the departure at some point this season would be amicable with both sides in open dialogue about what was best for the club.

- Peter Ryan, The Age"

And check mate. thanks for playing fool.

You're aware he's getting sacked, yes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pro - get a jump on any other clubs potentially in the market that year
Con - payout

Pro - no more 'when are you getting sacked?' questions at each press conference
Con - acceptance the season is done, players may start playing selfishly for their own careers

Pro - get a jump on any other clubs potentially in the market that year
Con - payout

Pro - no more 'when are you getting sacked?' questions at each press conference
Con - acceptance the season is done, players may start playing selfishly for their own careers
We’re 2-7 man, season is done

Has a caretaker coach actually gone on to coach the same side the season after? I am probably forgetting one but the ones I can think of the caretaker was typically an assistant coach at that club who didn’t end up getting the job.

To add to other replies - Neil Craig, Brett Ratten, Mark Harvey. There have been plenty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back