Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, familiar with the concept - now I'm wondering how they facilitate that? Blend in decaf grounds to balance?

Anyway, mine is a whole beans in the top jobby. This'n to be exact:
View attachment 1019701
Is it a good one ?
Would you buy it again ?
Does it make a mess ?
Is it easy to clean ?

Im in the thought process of a replacement for my sunbeam one

Is it a good one ?
Would you buy it again ?
Does it make a mess ?
Is it easy to clean ?

Im in the thought process of a replacement for my sunbeam one
  1. It's OK for my needs. I only drink black coffee, and only use the single shot espresso function. And I've got it tuned up exactly to that re ground size, water volume, etc. The key feature though is it has a stone burr grinder. That's why I bought it.
  2. I would buy it again if I were buying it again 10 years ago when I bought this one. Saeco had the best grinders in them at the time for consumer models, but I think Saeco has been consumed by Philips now, so I'm not sure if that has affected the quality of the units. Mine is over 10 years old and has never broken down. So if I needed to replace it, I would need to research again. I couldn't just go like for like. I hear good things about double boiler models if you use the milk frother a lot.
  3. Nah. The drip tray is segmented like the hull of the titanic. If you're a bit slovenly rinsing that out, the slots between compartments can get blocked and you can get some overflow from under the machine. But that's about it. The drip tray gets fuller than you might expect, because the self clean function outputs water into there from the back.
  4. It's pretty easy. It's got a self clean function that automatically fires on start and after 1 hour idle before auto shutdown. It nags when it thinks you should empty the grounds hopper. It nags when it thinks you should clean the brew unit. The brew unit comes out as a single unit for ease of rinsing. It's an older model, so it only has lights to tell you what it wants. So sometimes you need to refer to the manual in the event it's got its knickers in a twist about something different. A newer model with a screen or IoT that was more communicative would be an improvement.

Getting my artificial turf installed this week coming. Wanting to get a head start and purchase some maintenance supplies to ensure I can keep it looking as a good as new.

They recommend using a stiff brush with synthetic bristles or a power Brush when going to make the strands stand upright and not flat. Now I don't want to purchase a Power Brush because A) I can't find them at Bunnings and B) they are costly.

So which brushes at Bunnings would be best? Can anyone provide a link? Also not sure if a plastic rake would be good to sweep up any leaves from our tree we have in the yard. They say you shouldn't use a metal or wire bristles as it will damage the grass.

Getting my artificial turf installed this week coming. Wanting to get a head start and purchase some maintenance supplies to ensure I can keep it looking as a good as new.

They recommend using a stiff brush with synthetic bristles or a power Brush when going to make the strands stand upright and not flat. Now I don't want to purchase a Power Brush because A) I can't find them at Bunnings and B) they are costly.

So which brushes at Bunnings would be best? Can anyone provide a link? Also not sure if a plastic rake would be good to sweep up any leaves from our tree we have in the yard. They say you shouldn't use a metal or wire bristles as it will damage the grass.
I would just go with real grass and a flock of geese

I would just go with real grass and a flock of geese
A mate has just finished ripping out all the artificial turf his house came with and replacing it with real grass. He tried the artificial for a few years but it's not pet friendly among other things

Be interesting to see how he feels in another few years

Whats the thing called on the wall of the shower? Not the actual shower head thingy... but the thing that comes out of the tiles, that hold the shower head up/clips in.

Have tried Bunnings, have tried google i have nfi...

I need a new one of them, not the shower head part.

Whats the thing called on the wall of the shower? Not the actual shower head thingy... but the thing that comes out of the tiles, that hold the shower head up/clips in.

Have tried Bunnings, have tried google i have nfi...

I need a new one of them, not the shower head part.

OfQD6jZ2i2rg1weFyKvqjSoHg4vkKa7E1NXOE-9gxxL9P-bZ0eRh835mEnwlVuwbemUBYsDInJvzTFZvv7T2mcOSW_bxSQxOuDOzu2ucSMCDLvlnjBZMl7WZP-fuZx7eMjqKou2ywb3XW6elC2_rAU8sjC86DrSF74Rur0XP_iCqjA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Check out Ikea its home brand is Electrolux with a 5 year warranty at about 50% cheaper than Hardly Normal which only has a 2 year warranty

I just ordered this steam and pyrolitic and an induction cook top
i couldnt see any freestanding all electric when i looked at ikea (i have a 897mm gap between my cupboards) so i really need a like for like 895mm wide oven. i did find this, now to see if i can get it cheaper anywhere else

InAlto RU9EIB 90cm Induction Upright Cooker at The Good Guys

i couldnt see any freestanding all electric when i looked at ikea (i have a 897mm gap between my cupboards) so i really need a like for like 895mm wide oven. i did find this, now to see if i can get it cheaper anywhere else

InAlto RU9EIB 90cm Induction Upright Cooker at The Good Guys
Looks space age

Remember you will need a sparky and a fuse box upgrade to go to induction from gas
The plug for the old stove wont have enough juice it was only for light and ignition

What's the best rewards credit card going around? AMEX Explorer looks great, but I really wish they did Qantas points over Velocity.

What's the best rewards credit card going around? AMEX Explorer looks great, but I really wish they did Qantas points over Velocity.
Qantas points are useless (and all airlines)
I use the banks points to go where you want with them (flight centre*) or cash out

*Hope flight centre survives the ronna

Qantas points are useless (and all airlines)
I use the banks points to go where you want with them (flight centre*) or cash out

*Hope flight centre survives the ronna

Why are Qantas points useless? I fly to Tasmania regularly a few times a year and I've calculated that I'd earn a few "free" trips, without considering some of the sign-up bonuses that would pay for themselves in terms of value.

Why are Qantas points useless? I fly to Tasmania regularly a few times a year and I've calculated that I'd earn a few "free" trips, without considering some of the sign-up bonuses that would pay for themselves in terms of value.
I used to collect them and have used them
They just keep changing the amount needed and the extras you have to pay and availability of seats and expiry dates

I find just having cash back or a Flight centre voucher I can chase a better deal

I also get free travel insurance if I pay with credit card so would rather have cash back

Looks space age

Remember you will need a sparky and a fuse box upgrade to go to induction from gas
The plug for the old stove wont have enough juice it was only for light and ignition
Yep will get dedicated fuse box thingo for hardwired oven connection. Turn off the gas tap behind my oven and cap it for extra protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back