Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
You give us more praise than your mate haha.
Not buying anyone in Jan has done you in IMO.
I think the Auba situation really hurt us, though, he had lost his spark playing for us and looks a new player at Barca.

Arteta has definitely given the club an identity back to an extent (so far), but as I have said, his squad depth and management is what hurt him.

AMN should never have been let go, and like you said, we should have dipped into the window in Jan. I am sure there players playing for lesser clubs who we could have signed without issue.

chef

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Sanctioned FC
Would be funny is United snuck into top 4 while North London was out spudding each other.

Last edited:

jd2010

#ENICOut #LevyOut
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
It's far too early still for these 3 spud sides to maintain any sort of form to claim a top 4 spot. It will be a Bradbury style fall over the line at the end

Elmer_Judd

Baggers 8-2 2022
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
They should just have a play in tournament like they do in the NBA playoffs to decide 4th place (and they can invite Super Leeds whilst their at it :) )

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
United just lost to Everton then managed to be beating Norwich 2-0 only for the score to be 2-2 haha. I mean they suck, but amazingly they are sucking less than Arsenal.

Think they have us next which should be fun.

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Our players desperately want the season to end so if we get 4th it’d be laughable.

chef

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Sanctioned FC
Screenshot_20220418-193822_Facebook.jpg

hawkman

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
The way all these sides are going 6 points may be enough for us to secure it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Spurs absolutely now in the drivers seat. But I mean we said that about Arsenal and then they lost what 3 straight PL games?

Anything could happen I guess but surely Spurs can get it done from here.

Bojan KantKick

Man United Legacy Supporter
Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
4th spot will go to which team shits the bed the least. Arsenal have lost 3 on the bounce, Spurs go from very good to poor and United are United. Whilst it sounds obvious, it either of the above can win 2 or 3 in a row it will probably see them home.

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers, AC Milan, Tottenham
4th spot will go to which team shits the bed the least. Arsenal have lost 3 on the bounce, Spurs go from very good to poor and United are United. Whilst it sounds obvious, it either of the above can win 2 or 3 in a row it will probably see them home.
0.4% chance of failing to hit Europa League is the more pleasing part. That conference league crap can go to hell. Was utter crap to play in, and with Marseille and Feyenoord guaranteed to fill one finals spot it doesn't even fulfil its perceived purpose of giving minnows from lesser nations a chance.

Bradesmaen

TheBrownDog
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
This thread shouldn't be called race, should be called the crawl for the top 4.

TubbsFarquhar

Hall of Famer
Jan 18, 2009
Nilbog
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt
This morning's result throws Chelsea back into the mix. With a few more bogey sides to come (Hammers, United and Everton @ Goodison), by no means are we safe yet, especially with our home form.

Jatz

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leicester City, Philadelphia Eagles
0.4% chance of failing to hit Europa League is the more pleasing part. That conference league crap can go to hell. Was utter crap to play in, and with Marseille and Feyenoord guaranteed to fill one finals spot it doesn't even fulfil its perceived purpose of giving minnows from lesser nations a chance.
I personally have loved the Conference League. But then it's more designed for my club than yours. Having European nights is fantastic.

We got Roma in the semi's, it's great being able to play quality sides we ordinarily wouldn't get to!

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers, AC Milan, Tottenham
I personally have loved the Conference League. But then it's more designed for my club than yours. Having European nights is fantastic.

We got Roma in the semi's, it's great being able to play quality sides we ordinarily wouldn't get to!
This isn’t a dig at Leicester but it shouldn’t really be for a club like yours either. Based on size and historical European participation you’re right but not based on nationality.

English, Spanish and German teams seem to win the overwhelming majority of European titles of late. Creating another division for these nations to dominate isn’t really in line with why they brought it in. 3 of the 4 clubs left have long rich history’s of European Competition.

That a European Cup winner could be winning the inaugural trophy (50% chance), and that there is 2/4 teams left dropping from the Europa League sees the same problems persist.

This isn’t a dig at your club per se, more the system. Why should you be allowed to possibly win a European trophy this season when you’ve already failed in Europe this campaign?

Jatz

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leicester City, Philadelphia Eagles
This isn’t a dig at Leicester but it shouldn’t really be for a club like yours either. Based on size and historical European participation you’re right but not based on nationality.

English, Spanish and German teams seem to win the overwhelming majority of European titles of late. Creating another division for these nations to dominate isn’t really in line with why they brought it in. 3 of the 4 clubs left have long rich history’s of European Competition.

That a European Cup winner could be winning the inaugural trophy (50% chance), and that there is 2/4 teams left dropping from the Europa League sees the same problems persist.

This isn’t a dig at your club per se, more the system. Why should you be allowed to possibly win a European trophy this season when you’ve already failed in Europe this campaign?
That's a completely fair point. 100% on board with being out once eliminated.

I do think you still need English/Spanish and German teams in that comp though. It would lose a whole lot of interest otherwise. It's still great for smaller clubs to get the opportunity to play some of the 'bigger' clubs from those countries. That side that beat Roma at home in the last round? Absolutely awesome for them!

jd2010

#ENICOut #LevyOut
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Conference league can go to hell. Did you just agree with me for the first time? Albeit 7 months after I said it

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad